Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #308
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Then why did he cancel his planned hikes because of Christmas?
A few weeks back China announced they weren't imposing some tariffs they had threatened to hike. I was busy so I couldn't post the story.

I was also so very sure --lol-- you would have posted that story or would have commented on it, important as it was. But you didn't, and like I said, I was very busy myself so I couldn't 'add' any facts to your Trump-is-losing-the-trade-battle-with-China silliness meme of yours.

Well, low and behold, guess what again happened just the other day:

Quote:
BEIJING (AP) — China will lift punitive tariffs imposed on U.S. soybeans and pork in a trade war with Washington, a state news agency said Friday, adding to conciliatory gestures by the two sides ahead of negotiations.

China will suspend tariff hikes on soybeans, pork and some other farm goods, the Xinhua News Agency said, citing the Cabinet planning agency and the Commerce Ministry. Beijing “supports domestic companies in purchasing a certain amount of U.S. farm produce,” it said, but it gave no details.

https://www.myarklamiss.com/news/nat...soybeans-pork/
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.