Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 07:58 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

This race is now off the turf and will be run on the dirt at 5 and 1/2 furlongs. That surface-change has me looking at the MTO’s. Yet my top pick comes from the horses that were entered to run on the turf-course. My choice is EMPIRE SKY in this New York state-bred Allowance sprint. Yes, this Quality Road bred has enjoyed success on the grass, but also on the main. In fact, his only win came on the dirt. One off this meet’s leading riders, the Davie, Florida-native, Tyler Gaffalione, is in the irons for the first woman to be inducted into the Parx Hall-of-Fame, trainer Kathleen DeMasi. I believe there’s a lot to like about this Sky Mesa-bred’s chances of gracing the Spa’s winner’s circle. First, it’s this 4-year-old’s third start off a layoff (I particularly like that racing angle). Another "to-like" are the aforementioned jockey-trainer combo: Tyler Gaffalione and Kathleen DeMasi. Then, there’s the fact that this grey broke his maiden in his last race at Saratoga at this same distance. Yes, this Klimt-bred is moving up off that last-race, maiden-breaking win; yet I believe he can be equal to the occasion. Others: , , , .

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.