Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Claustrophobia
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 08:08 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Thanks for sharing that. Only a few people in my life know about it. To look at me you'd never know whats going in my head.

On my flight back from Saratoga I had row 1 seat 1, aisle. The person in the window seat slid the window closed. It bothered me, I could feel my breathing get going or my heart rate? not sure, maybe my head?.. But I feel it. I just sit there, concentrate on chilling out. Nobody picks up on it, its in my head.

I can count how many times I have been on an airplane on one hand. My airplane horror story is waiting on the tarmac to take off with a full plane. I did have an aisle seat toward the front. For some reason there was about a 10 min delay after taxing into position and they turned the air conditioning and ventilation system off. It became hot and stuffy which I can't stand even when I have a lot of space around me. Another problem with cramp spaces is an inability to sit still. I have a fused lower spine and constantly have to shift position to remain comfortable.

Fortunately an ability to drive long hours on little sleep some what counteracts my aversion to flying. I have no problem driving 18-20 hours a day. Fortunately I have no desire to visit foreign countries and Hawaii never looked that exciting.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)