Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 03:14 PM   #5068
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You are the only human I have ever come across that considers the heart an evil entity.
Thanks for confirming what I always have known: You do not know Jesus Christ personally. After all, he is still fully human and still fully divine. And he taught that the heart of man is evil, completely agreeing with the entire counsel of God. (You do realize that I'm not talking about the physical heart that pumps blood, right?) And the heart is not an entity. The heart is the flip side of sinful human nature.

Also, for the record (in order to correct another one of your misconceptions), people do not think or reason with or by their hearts. We think and reason with our mind, a faculty which is "located" along with our other faculties in hour heart. So...when Jesus asked, for example, "Why do you reason IN your heart...?", he's not saying that people reason by or with their heart. Just for your info...

Oh, and I can't let this one slide by:

Quote:
If you were in charge we would not have love. Love comes from the heart. "Evil" you say.
How many people over all these millennia have killed their loved ones? You don't know people kill out of love, do you? This is precisely why the bible informs us what biblical love must look like. When Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are to love God and to love neighbor, we must know what that MEANS! What does it MEAN to love God? What does it MEAN to love our neighbor? God has not left that to our carnal imaginations to determine how we're going to express our love.

Quote:
We wouldn't have a physical body, because more physical hearts. Hearts are bad you say.

We wouldn't have souls because souls cannot exist without a spiritual heart. Hearts are the root of all Evil you say.

Fortunately everyone else on the planet disagrees with your idiotic translation of the "heart" as evil.

Oh, one more thing. There would be no God or existence if the heart is evil because as John 1 says in the Bible God is love.. And where does love originate and dwell but the heart. So God could not exist. You have made the ultimate case for atheists for no God.
Well..that's a gross exaggeration. All born again Christians know the state of what their heart was before God gave them a new one.

And what does God's love have to do with the corruption of the human heart? (You need to connect a bunch of dots here.) God's love, by the way, dwells only in the hearts of his chosen people made possible by the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Only those born again have God's love within them and have been made partakers of the divine nature and new heart.

Quote:
You are Heartless.
Well, if that's the case then I can't have an evil heart, can I?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most