Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 10:38 PM   #1
Running Amok

How Do You Use Trainer and Jockey Win% & ITM% ?

Hey guys, just wondering how much you consider the win% and ITM% stats for the trainer and jockey when handicapping a race?

For win and ITM stats it likely doesn't much matter where you get your past performances. I've been using BRIS Ultimate PPs, which includes the Win% and ITM% for the trainer at the current meet, overall, and when it's this early in the year, last year and this year combined. The same with the jockey.

They also show the win% and ITM % for the trainer/jockey combo for the last 60 days along with several other categories for the trainer and jockey.

But my question is how much weight do you give these percentages for the trainer and jockey?

Do you rule out a horse if the trainer or jockey has a low win%?

Is a 15% win percentage significant, or do you want to see an even higher win rate?

Does the win rate at which you consider to be significant differ for the trainer vs. the jockey?

Does ITM% have much significance to you or is it the win% you mainly look at?

I know everyone has different ideas and opinions when it comes to playing the races. I'm not asking for you to reveal your secrets or methods. If the win% or ITM% mean nothing to you, that's fine.

I just thought we could have a discussion about these stats and how important you feel they are. Especially since they're not derived from debatable methodologies.

Last edited by Running Amok; 03-11-2024 at 10:53 PM. Reason: correct spelling and punctuation
Running Amok is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.