Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #26
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Well, obviously my question about the significance of speed figures has been conveniently side-stepped.

Pittsburg Phil’s words are inconsequential because they’re so old and out of step with today’s technology. Yet it seems his actual reasoning for downplaying “figures” which are still very valid even today are clearly being ignored.

In terms of my personal knowledge, development and use of speed figures I will only say that if guys like Bob knew what I’ve forgotten about them they might have a clue about their real value.

I would just like to pose one last question to those who might think they really understand what speed figures mean on any given day at the race track.

At the track(s) you attend where do they post the daily track surface speed chart? (Please be specific)

And how does this information impact your handicapping in relation to the speed figures you’ve developed for the horses entered on any given day?

Beware your answer may reveal exactly how much you truthfully understand about applying speed figures.
Significance is a relative term.

Pittsburgh Phil spoke to what was relevant to him at the time he was betting.

I am sure you have forgotten much about speed figures, perhaps more importantly are the things you never learned.

As for the daily track surface speed chart, don't know and don't care and don't need.

I am interested in your thoughts on tote analysis and would appreciate a separate topic to explore those more in depth.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most