Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 09-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
Mr.XXX

Any Software allows editing fractions / lengths?

Say you want to account for trips & trouble + have those changes stick permanently. But not just to the total fig, but to the particular race segment.
Say, click the segment and adjust the lengths or fraction.

Thanks.
Mr.XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

That's actually a really good idea.

I think I will add it to my new software. Beta in late October.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #3
Mr.XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
That's actually a really good idea.

I think I will add it to my new software. Beta in late October.
Thank you Sir, that's wonderful news. Count me in just on that alone.

And what are the chances of:

1. Form Cycle Chart Graph( with Early Pace & Sustained Pace options).

2. Full Past Performance module.

3. Database query like Formulator / StatsMaster?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Thank you Sir, that's wonderful news. Count me in just on that alone.

And what are the chances of:

1. Form Cycle Chart Graph( with Early Pace & Sustained Pace options).

2. Full Past Performance module.

3. Database query like Formulator / StatsMaster?
Really good, actually.

LOL - My current software has all those things as well as a few more things:
**4,000 pre-defined factors per horse

**trainer stats that are broken down by circuit with 147 different factors that are programmable into systems

**tracks every bet you make, then allows you to study such questions as "Which factors do the horses from 6/5 to 3/1 that are beating me on a Thursday in March rank in the top 2 positions

**Programmable betting systems that allow the user to make different size bets on different horses in the same race, adjusting for things such as advantage, rebates, hit rate, optimum bet.

**Paceline selection systems that are fully programmable by the user.

**Use pseudo-pacelines (i.e. synthetic pacelines) without actually selecting any pacelines.

**Create "filters" that allow the user to build a dynamic model of "races like this one," take the races from that model and compute which factors have performed best, and turn it into a system specifically for this race.

**Use the "Dynamic Filtering" mentioned above to determine which factors the public uses to bet and create an artificial odds line that is pretty darned good.

**Use the contenders and the horses chosen to bet and compute whether or not the race is playable.

**Mix Impact Value handicapping, and pace handicapping together in the same race AUTOMATICALLY to produce probabilities.

**Allow the user to use several different forms of artificial intelligence, such as genetic algorithms, neural networks and prediction markets.

**Handicap races using several Monte Carlo simulators.

ALL OF THIS AND PERHAPS A LITTLE MORE.

That's why this software is called HSH.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
Mr.XXX

I am absolutely floored. That is so much stuff that it initially triggered a fleeting thought of sarcasm.

What's even more surprising is not seeing a clue of this discussed.

If I'm imagining things correctly, then this is the only program to have for anyone; casual or serious.
Even if hypothetically there was a steep learning curve for some parts, at least one can rely on the pace and pp modules; who doesn't need those.

The biggest hurdle nowadays is TIME INEFFICIENCY--having to use MULTIPLE sources and programs to get everything. Because usually IF some program has multiple modules, then maybe the pp module is too condensed. Or the form graph too simplistic. Or the figures are a mechanical formula. Or the pace module doesn't have the total Sartin array. Or the database portion does not accept regular language, requiring almost programming knowledge. Or columns are not sortable, or are in almost unreadable dosbox format.

Everyday becomes a pre-prep kludge time sink of downloading, importing, exporting since to this day not everything has auto, background or at least multi-select, one button.
Followed by a constant manual input of surface change and scratches for programs w/o that auto feature.
And the handicapping hasn't even started yet.

Sorry for getting long-winded, but anyone else in a similar predicament seriously needs to consider switching over.

I have a consulting gig going through the end of the year, I will jump on this once back home.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
Gentz

Ted Craven used to have a nice program called Speculator that allowed that. My favorite program. Unfortunately it wont run on a 64bit computer even with DOSBOX, etc.
Gentz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #7
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
I have a consulting gig going through the end of the year, I will jump on this once back home.
I'd act quicker if I was you.

I reduced the price from $1,597 to $347 earlier this year and have left it there for several months.

Be aware that the price goes back up on October 1st.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: