Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #61
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78 View Post
One other option, they are collecting stories at meatheals.com
from people who switched to a meat diet. If you feel like it you can tell your story there, or at least you might find it interesting to look over the recorded results of others.
Cool, thanks, I'll check it out. I'll update here occasionally for the next few months for better or worse, hopefully and expectedly for the better.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #62
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes I 've found that we eat way too often and it is harmful to do so. The eating window each day ideally should be minimized as much as possible.
Congrats to you for making positive changes. The food we eat is THE most fundamental predictor of our health, mood and quality of life.
Thank you!
Jim, you deserve a ton of credit...for TWO reasons. Not only have you returned here to tell us your amazing story, which will serve as motivation for others to change their OWN lives...but you have also stayed completely out of the political threads.

Congrats...on BOTH counts.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #63
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Jim, you deserve a ton of credit...for TWO reasons. Not only have you returned here to tell us your amazing story, which will serve as motivation for others to change their OWN lives...but you have also stayed completely out of the political threads.

Congrats...on BOTH counts.
Oh really? haha. Thanks.
I stay pretty busy on social media telling my story, trying to inform and motivate others, and to further my own understanding. It doesn't leave much time for politics which is fine with me because as I mentioned at first, I got burned out on it. I was never able to change anyones mind on politics, but when several people tell you that they were inspired to change their lives for the better based on hearing my story, well it is far more rewarding.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #64
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Now this is something we can all agree on...screw politics....
Old 08-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Can't add anymore to that!
Old 08-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #66
thaskalos

Quote:
Oh really? haha. Thanks.
I stay pretty busy on social media telling my story, trying to inform and motivate others, and to further my own understanding. It doesn't leave much time for politics which is fine with me because as I mentioned at first, I got burned out on it. I was never able to change anyones mind on politics, but when several people tell you that they were inspired to change their lives for the better based on hearing my story, well it is far more rewarding.
Jim...I've been on a carnivore diet since Monday...and that was the last time that I sat on a toilet. Should I be concerned...or is this a natural side-effect of such a diet change?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #67
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Jim...I've been on a carnivore diet since Monday...and that was the last time that I sat on a toilet. Should I be concerned...or is this a natural side-effect of such a diet change?
No, you're just full of crap, as usual...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 10:00 PM   #68
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
No, you're just full of crap, as usual...
Actually...I was implying quite the opposite.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #69
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Actually...I was implying quite the opposite.

Details, if you will....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #70
incoming

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....my advice. I would take a mild farter starter and double my water intake.

No charge
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #71
ArlJim78

Quote:
You will need fewer eliminations and without being graphic there will be a change in consistency depending on the fat content in the meat you are eating.

Meat digests and breaks down very easily and is almost completely taken up in the intestine so there is very little waste. Fiber on the other hand passes through largely undigested and interferes with nutrient uptake.

This is normal and I wouldn't be concerned unless there is some kind of pain.
But yes there is a noticeable difference in this area. Get used to going less often.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #72
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Cool, thanks, I'll check it out. I'll update here occasionally for the next few months for better or worse, hopefully and expectedly for the better.
Checking back in. I hit a lull for a few weeks where even though I wasn't doing anything differently. I was only losing very small amounts of weight. Whatever was going on, I felt great and stuck with it. Something has kicked back in and pounds are falling off again. I'm at 38 pounds lost. I want to get down to 195, but I really don't know if that is reasonable or not at my height and age. I'm 27 pounds away.

I'm optimistic but a numeric goal isn't really that important. I haven't felt better since I retired from the Air Force. Still going to the gym regularly and playing way too much tennis. My serve has always been my weakness but the lost weight has really helped me improve it. Much more limber and able to get a nice rhythm.

As for eating, it sounds crazy but I'm almost never hungry. I eat sometimes just because I know I should and need the fuel. My wife is doing great too though she won't discuss numbers. I can see the difference though.

Check back in soon. How you doing Thask?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Checking back in. I hit a lull for a few weeks where even though I wasn't doing anything differently. I was only losing very small amounts of weight. Whatever was going on, I felt great and stuck with it. Something has kicked back in and pounds are falling off again. I'm at 38 pounds lost. I want to get down to 195, but I really don't know if that is reasonable or not at my height and age. I'm 27 pounds away.

I'm optimistic but a numeric goal isn't really that important. I haven't felt better since I retired from the Air Force. Still going to the gym regularly and playing way too much tennis. My serve has always been my weakness but the lost weight has really helped me improve it. Much more limber and able to get a nice rhythm.

As for eating, it sounds crazy but I'm almost never hungry. I eat sometimes just because I know I should and need the fuel. My wife is doing great too though she won't discuss numbers. I can see the difference though.

Check back in soon. How you doing Thask?
Never been better. I eat only meat along with salad greens, dandelions and swisschard. No bread, no sweets of any kind, no dairy...and no fruit except for organic raspberries and blueberries. Two adequately-sized meals a day...and my energy is through the roof. I follow a rigorous weightlifting program on a daily basis...and have finally been able to shed that persistent roll of belly-fat that I had been carrying around my waist, and which I couldn't lose before, no matter what. At 6 feet tall, I am a solid 185 pounds at the age of almost 57 ... and I feel utterly INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-11-2018 at 07:22 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #74
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Currently been on the program for about 9-10 weeks.

Down 20 lbs so far.

No particular goal except that I know I want to continue. Challenges are when one is away from home, but one can still reasonably choose lower-carb options, like no breads in sandwiches, no chips in the taco salad, etc.

Regular exercise is pretty much void in my life, so that is probably the next step to continue my weight loss journey.

I like the results so far, but expect to go farther.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #75
ArlJim78

Oh my this is really taking off. I love hearing these first hand accounts.
This must be the diet for horseplayers as the success rate seems quite high around here.

cj - After an initial burst lulls are common, but most people that I've talked to report that riding it out was the smart move. Just let your body do it's thing. 38 lbs is significant. I see no reason why you couldn't hit your goal. When I first started my initial goal was to get under 300, now I'm at 167. Anything is possible. Great job!

thask - wow thask you too! Rigorous weightlifter with those dimensions? You are in better shape for your age than the vast majority. Stick with it and eventually you'll want to drop those unnecessary green things too.
I'm sure people think I'm blowing smoke when I say that I've never felt better in my life, but I'm dead serious.

Track Collector - hey welcome to the club. 20 pounds is nothing to sneeze at over a 2.5 month period. Keep at it and if exercise isn't your thing just remember that I've found it has little to do with losing weight. Do as much as you feel like doing but don't think you have to overdo it.

A couple folks have reached out to me via private message, and I've shared further information with them both. One in particular is really making what appears to be great progress. I won't mention him by name in case he doesn't want it made public. However if he or others who are testing the waters want to use this as a regular place to "check in" with your progress well, I think that would be a pretty cool way to extend the life of this thread in a positive direction.

As for myself I'm still at the same weight I was when I started this thread over three months ago. I've been tweaking my diet a bit and have experimented with different meat eating plans. Still eating once per day, but eating a little less meat but more animal fat. I've also dropped cheese and eggs some time ago and I really don't miss them. My entire diet now consists of beef, pork, pork fat, butter, salt, pork rinds, coffee with heavy cream, mineral water and two small pieces of very dark chocolate per day. No supplements, vitamins, prescriptions or illness. October 1st will mark one year since I went carnivore. I've cut back on my running to 3 times per week which is enough.
Still feeling great in all respects.

Last edited by ArlJim78; 09-11-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: