Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 AM   #46
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I remember reading Jerry Antonucci's selections in the Orange County Register newspaper for years....his daily entries included a brief one line comment on the last race of each horse (if I am remembering correctly) there used to be a number also so one could look up the race also...
https://www.nationalracemasters.com/...Antonucci.html
I remember that. There was a time when the entries came out with a number to correspond to the PP chart so the handicapper's could use it as a reference and tool.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #47
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I did that this year for the two days of the Belmont contest. They are available to review at www.vicstauffer.com

Here's a question the PA brethren I think would be well qualified to answer.

Do you think if I made my trip notes available for purchase there would be a market?

And if so, what would be a fair price to charge?

Please don't bother suggesting I publish selections. That's NEVER going to happen.

But as a handicapping tool. Please take a look at the material on the website and let me know what you think.

It would be only for New York and Southern California each racing day.

Thanks
$5-$10 a day, discount for a series of days. Sounds good.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #48
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
$5-$10 a day, discount for a series of days. Sounds good.
Daily is good but can really nickel and dime you, the provider, with little fees for each transaction, depending on how they pay?

I would offer, in addition, a value package, say $30/month (or whatever is cheap enough that the person will spring for that instead of the daily, and will see value in purchasing a whole month) might be way to go.

Some may only play 2 races a week but may still purchase the monthly package.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #49
dilanesp

Quote:
That's nice of you to say. I miss Hollywood Park very much. Still heartbroken.
I remember you used to close the day by rattling off all the great horses that called Hollywood Park home. I heard it a hundred times but never got tired of it.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #50
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I remember you used to close the day by rattling off all the great horses that called Hollywood Park home. I heard it a hundred times but never got tired of it.
I would say names of horses or people that were significant to that days card. Or became of note. Maybe a super famous person presented a trophy. The only one that made the line up everyday and was always announced last was Zenyatta.

After a while people started call to see if they could be included in the rundown of names. I never took it overly seriously. One time the mutual manager had a teller celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary. Or there was an employee retiring after 40 years. They'd get a shout out.

Another HP tradition I miss were my nicknames for the bugler Jay Cohen. It started on just carryover days. After he'd blow for the start of the pick 6 I'd call him Jay "carryover" Cohen.

That really took off as well. Anything that was going on in the world could get a nickname shout out. An example would be after the NBA finals this year you might hear me call him Jay Durant. Jay himself loved it and would even call sometimes and asked to be called a certain name.

He's an avid hiker, mountain climber. One day he asked if I would call him Jay "Kilimanjaro" Cohen.

Such big FUN! Really miss everything about Hollywood Park. So sad.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:28 PM   #51
thespaah

Quote:
I would say names of horses or people that were significant to that days card. Or became of note. Maybe a super famous person presented a trophy. The only one that made the line up everyday and was always announced last was Zenyatta.

After a while people started call to see if they could be included in the rundown of names. I never took it overly seriously. One time the mutual manager had a teller celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary. Or there was an employee retiring after 40 years. They'd get a shout out.

Another HP tradition I miss were my nicknames for the bugler Jay Cohen. It started on just carryover days. After he'd blow for the start of the pick 6 I'd call him Jay "carryover" Cohen.

That really took off as well. Anything that was going on in the world could get a nickname shout out. An example would be after the NBA finals this year you might hear me call him Jay Durant. Jay himself loved it and would even call sometimes and asked to be called a certain name.

He's an avid hiker, mountain climber. One day he asked if I would call him Jay "Kilimanjaro" Cohen.

Such big FUN! Really miss everything about Hollywood Park. So sad.
I still have a copy of the final photo finish picture at Hollywood.
Its hanging on my wall.
Sucks what happened to the track
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #52
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
I still have a copy of the final photo finish picture at Hollywood.
Its hanging on my wall.
Sucks what happened to the track
The horse who won that race was retired (sound) just a few months ago. Woodmans Luck.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #53
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Xw8eX7pqSDYeJs

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ZLCr4SZrjC2cCW

2 final glimpses of Hollywood Park...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 11:48 PM   #54
oughtoh

I miss that track too. When my daughter was young and I would ask her what she wanted for your birthday, it would always be the same thing, she wanted to go to Hollywood Park and get box seats. She loved it.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply