Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 06-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Immortal6

CD Stakes 6/16

Going to play the all Stakes pick 5 and rolling pick 3 today. Below each race write up are my selections in order of preference. GL all.

R5) Matt Winn
Gonna have to use Ax Man here, but begrudgingly. The only time he has faced graded stakes company in the San Vicente he was pressured early and faltered turning for home, however if there isn't any real pace pressure he could easily walk away with this. Love Tiz Mischiefs recent workouts for Romans, and feel he is the best true closer in the race. Combatant should be another making up tons of ground in the stretch.

R6) Wise Dan
Will World Approval throw another clunker of a race? I highly doubt it, but will look to use Divisidero as insurance.

R7) Fleur de Lis
Tough race to handicap here...to me Blue Prize is the speed to have with Farrell drawing the outside post. Jose Ortiz aboard gives me hope Blue Prize can win, but should her speed not hold, who will have first jump? To me it looks like the west coast invader Mopotism has 1 ITM finish in 3 tries at the distance but has faced much better than most in this race. Awestruck gets the services of the other Ortiz brother and is on a hot streak but is facing a major class test. We also have Valadorna, the winner of the doubledogdare at Keeneland looking to sit close to the pace and earn another graded stakes win.

R8) Stephen Foster
Irish War Cry will either win this race or fade badly and get 5th or worse, truly feel there is no in between haha. Backyard Heaven looked absolutely unstoppable in the Alysheba at Churchill a month ago, impossible not to use here and would single if not for my unrequited love of IWC.

R9) Regret
Would love to use the all button here but with 13 fillies that's a little hard to do. Romantic Moment with Jose Ortiz aboard looks to make it 3 in a row at the distance here and has a real shot given a clean. Real and the ability to clear before the first turn. Stave should also have a shot here if she isn't shuffled more than a couple lengths back early. Beyond Blame should also be in the mix, given her last defeat was by 6 lengths to the likes of Rushing fall and Toinette she gets my backing here.

Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
SkunkApe

Good luck.

I have:

R5:
R6:
R7:
R8:
R9:
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Pick-5

Race 5:
Race 6:
Race 7:
Race 8:
Race 9:

Good luck all!
Old 06-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
Immortal6

Nothing worse than being right about Ax Man but picking the wrong Romans horse, shitty way to start the pick 5, oh well onto the rolling pick 3s
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
SkunkApe

sigh...
Old 06-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #6
SkunkApe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Nothing worse than being right about Ax Man but picking the wrong Romans horse, shitty way to start the pick 5, oh well onto the rolling pick 3s
Yeah. I recalled what you said about Ax man, and thought maybe you had it. Went back to check. Dang.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #7
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

I'll take at 10/1 in Race 6, the Wise Dan. Not seeing anyone relishing the lead, some upside, fave is short (but I'll take him in a saver exacta).
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

I want to take a shot against the in R8 Stephen Foster with a late runner. At 20/1 I can live with Patch. I think we've seen all has and can improve.

Win
Ex +, +
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #9
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Well damn me to hell....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: