Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #226
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
There may never have been a President who has done so poorly so quickly.
Hey, the guy is in his office, what, less than a month...These polls are meaningless at this juncture... Quite...
Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #227
TJDave

Quote:
There may never have been a President who has done so poorly so quickly.
Compared to what's coming this will seem like a honeymoon.

Wait for it.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #228
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Trump giving another sensational press conference this afternoon.
He's ripping into lying phony press. He just mentioned this moment that Hillary gave 20 percent of our uranium to russia.

I guess he's gonna collapse some more now.
Tell me. What impressed you most about the press conference? Was it when he said his was the most impressive electoral college performance since Reagan?
The fact is Obama (twice); Clinton (Twice) and George HW Bush all garnered more electoral votes than Trump. Only Dubya got less.

Was it when he whined about his cabinet not being confirmed fast enough; ignoring the fact that this is probably the most incompetent group of nominees in American history.

Was it when he said that no one from his campaign had talked to Russian intel; then said he wasn't sure; then said he didn't know, but it was okay if they did?

Was it when he said the Administration was running like a well oiled machine, when all we have had is leaks, bad Executive Orders, failure in the courts and unmitigated chaos?

Was it when he constantly whined about how the mean old media was always picking on him.

Was it when he pathetically and constantly asked for a nice question?

Just what did impress you about that pathetic performance?
Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #229
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
Hey, the guy is in his office, what, less than a month...These polls are meaningless at this juncture... Quite...
Approval ratings at the beginning of each President's first term since 1949:
Truman 90%
Eisenhower 50%
Kennedy 72%
Johnson 78%
Nixon 60%
Ford 70%
Carter 68%
Reagan 50%
GHW Bush 50%
Clinton 60%
GW Bush 60%
Obama 67%
Trump 40%

The thing is, two years from now Republicans are going to be wishing for the good old days when Trumps approval rating was all the way up at 40%.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #230
LottaKash

Quote:
The thing is, two years from now Republicans are going to be wishing for the good old days when Trumps approval rating was all the way up at 40%.
I guess those numbers make you feel all warm and fuzzy and now you sleep real well now...

Or, perhaps you just can't figure out how in the heck that this 40%-er, ever got elected in the first place....
Old 02-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #231
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
DEMS
Truman 90%
Kennedy 72%
Johnson 78%
Carter 68%
Clinton 60%
Obama 67%
GOP
Eisenhower 50%
Nixon 60%
Ford 70%
Reagan 50%
GHW Bush 50%
GW Bush 60%
Trump 40%

Your poll's a joke with FAKE numbers.....Ford at 70%, not even elected, yet the highest of all the GOP's. Truman at 90%? yeah, sure, the press thought Dewey had won the election, but Truman sneaks in during the middle of the night, and quickly gains such rapid popularity?...Laughable as usual
Old 02-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #232
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Tell me. What impressed you most about the press conference? Was it when he said his was the most impressive electoral college performance since Reagan?
The fact is Obama (twice); Clinton (Twice) and George HW Bush all garnered more electoral votes than Trump. Only Dubya got less.

Was it when he whined about his cabinet not being confirmed fast enough; ignoring the fact that this is probably the most incompetent group of nominees in American history.

Was it when he said that no one from his campaign had talked to Russian intel; then said he wasn't sure; then said he didn't know, but it was okay if they did?

Was it when he said the Administration was running like a well oiled machine, when all we have had is leaks, bad Executive Orders, failure in the courts and unmitigated chaos?

Was it when he constantly whined about how the mean old media was always picking on him.

Was it when he pathetically and constantly asked for a nice question?

Just what did impress you about that pathetic performance?
I am off to Parx this minute to crush the last few at Big A and Tampa. Some near mortal locks I assure you. But I'll always have a few moments for my friends.

So, I'll answer your last comment now which I bolded. The rest will appear later tonight.

The best thing, make that the very best, thing the Trump press conference did for me -- and it was impressive, btw -- is that he reminded the press they are liars, very insignificant, petty, hateful, quite irrelevent and pretty stupid. I liked it that he briefly called out the media about Hillary selling uranium ore to the Russians. That was ignored. You know it was ignored because I was the only one that mentioned this criminal act 4-5 times and no one on here raised on word -- for or against my comments about Hillary selling our this country to Russia for campaign money to the Clinton Foundation.

I also just loved it that Trump calls on bloggers and those journalists from lesser known media outlets such as America One News and Christian Broadcasting ahead of the failing media outlets such as CNN and the ny times. That's also known as bitch slap to the whores of the mainstream media.

Loved all that but that's still not what I enjoyed the most yesterday.

What I enjoyed the most is the aftermath and the total unhinging of his enemies and lunatics such as yourself and your liberal brethren. The juvenile and crazy analysis from the deranged left wingers, on here and in the real world, is music to my ears.

Those media losers who collectively never achieved much outside their bubble and safe zone are in a total frenzy these days.

Go, Trump, go! Go, Trump, go!
Old 02-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #233
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I am off to Parx this minute to crush the last few at Big A and Tampa. Some near mortal locks I assure you. But I'll always have a few moments for my friends.

So, I'll answer your last comment now which I bolded. The rest will appear later tonight.

The best thing, make that the very best, thing the Trump press conference did for me -- and it was impressive, btw -- is that he reminded the press they are liars, very insignificant, petty, hateful, quite irrelevent and pretty stupid. I liked it that he briefly called out the media about Hillary selling uranium ore to the Russians. That was ignored. You know it was ignored because I was the only one that mentioned this criminal act 4-5 times and no one on here raised on word -- for or against my comments about Hillary selling our this country to Russia for campaign money to the Clinton Foundation.

I also just loved it that Trump calls on bloggers and those journalists from lesser known media outlets such as America One News and Christian Broadcasting ahead of the failing media outlets such as CNN and the ny times. That's also known as bitch slap to the whores of the mainstream media.

Loved all that but that's still not what I enjoyed the most yesterday.

What I enjoyed the most is the aftermath and the total unhinging of his enemies and lunatics such as yourself and your liberal brethren. The juvenile and crazy analysis from the deranged left wingers, on here and in the real world, is music to my ears.

Those media losers who collectively never achieved much outside their bubble and safe zone are in a total frenzy these days.

Go, Trump, go! Go, Trump, go!
"Greatest electoral win since Reagan."
Old 02-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #234
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
I liked it that he briefly called out the media about Hillary selling uranium ore to the Russians. That was ignored. You know it was ignored because I was the only one that mentioned this criminal act 4-5 times and no one on here raised on word -- for or against my comments about Hillary selling our this country to Russia for campaign money to the Clinton Foundation. [/B]
That has been debunked so many times. The fact that Trump and the moronistas continue to repeat it is ridiculous. The reason why you are "the only one" is that the rest of us actually know the real story in which Hillary didn't sell any uranium to anyone. The great irony is the greatest amount of "fake news" comes directly from Trump. He repeated the statistic about the 9th circuit having 80% of their cases overturned - and then went off on a rant about how disorganized they were. I mean, these aren't even lies that are just a difference of interpretation. They are simply falsehoods. I'd say if the press is guilty of anything, it is not calling bullshit on him as often as they should.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #235
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
You are absolutely right about why he won. His unconventional way of acting presidential absolutely energizes his base. He rips the BBC or CNN and his crowd goes crazy. Beyond that, the entities he picks on simply don't know how to handle him. They've never run up against that sort of politician.

I listened to the press conference. Trump is like a savant. When he would say, the problem wasn't what Flynn did, it was the traitors who leaked the story, you could see he absolutely believed what he was saying. He's also mastered the art of speaking a lot of words but only exposing the thinnest of details. He's not going to tell you what he's going to do to that Russian ship, but don't worry he's got the situation totally under control, and his supporters think, brilliant - he's keeping the Russians guessing.

I agree that if you are a Trump supporter, he is brilliant.

Not that he needs my advice, but he is playing with fire. You can get away with being arrogant and a bully as long as you never give your enemies any ammunition. The mainstream media can be like a pack of hungry dogs and what Trump doesn't want to do is appear like a juicy piece of steak. What he doesn't want to do is believe he can disarm them simply by discrediting them, especially the ones with deep resources.

Put yourself in the same position as CNN, the NY Times, or WaPo. They'll hunt, and they'll dig and they'll turn over every rock they can find. As long as Trump is squeaky clean, he'll maintain the upper hand. But if he stumbles, the MSM will be all over it. It's a lot of pressure.
Squeaky clean? You forgot that bus video already?

He's not squeaky clean, not by a longshot. But like I said, it doesn't matter. What matters is results. If after 4 years he can say "Look, when I ran, I said I was going to do this, this and that...and see, I did this, this and that," then he'll have a great shot at another 4 years if he wants it...
Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #236
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
He's got an entire intelligence apparatus working against him. He needs to not let a fox slip into the hen house. The more they go after him, the more I like him.
If this is true, then it is only a matter of time before he's gone before his term runs out...doesn't matter how...and the apparatus has many ways at its disposal to make that happen...many ways...
Old 02-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #237
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
If this is true, then it is only a matter of time before he's gone before his term runs out...doesn't matter how...and the apparatus has many ways at its disposal to make that happen...many ways...
A huge bunch of them got fired today. Or re-assigned at the State Dept.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #238
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
A huge bunch of them got fired today. Or re-assigned at the State Dept.
The draining continues.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:45 AM   #239
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
"Greatest electoral win since Reagan."
Wow, you really lose sleep over Trump, don't you?

I just love it how bent out of shape his critics get. Just love it.

Trump did mean GOP electoral vote win total, and so what if Pappy Bush got more votes. No one cares, trust me. Just deranged anti-Trumpsters and the insignificant, unhinged media elites, that's who.

Only those people who were 100 per cent wrong 100 per cent of the time about the election of 2016 and Donald Trump make issue of these unimportant and insignificant comments.

Must have something to do in trying to save face for such 'expert' analysis and believing in complete frauds and failures such as Nate Silver.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:18 AM   #240
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
That has been debunked so many times. The fact that Trump and the moronistas continue to repeat it is ridiculous. The reason why you are "the only one" is that the rest of us actually know the real story in which Hillary didn't sell any uranium to anyone. The great irony is the greatest amount of "fake news" comes directly from Trump. He repeated the statistic about the 9th circuit having 80% of their cases overturned - and then went off on a rant about how disorganized they were. I mean, these aren't even lies that are just a difference of interpretation. They are simply falsehoods. I'd say if the press is guilty of anything, it is not calling bullshit on him as often as they should.
So, you know-it-alls on here 'knew' my Hillary uranium story was fake news debunked many times yet I was never, ever called out on it. Fat chance that ever happening, me being given a pass despite the watchful eyes of people such as yourself.

Here is a story I kept when I read the ny times once upon a time.

Quote:
Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

Oh yeah, you must remember Rich that prior to the election the Clinton Foundation announced it wasn't going to accept any more donations from foreign governments.

Do you think that promise would have stood if Hillary won? I don't think so but then again, to you, I am a moron.

It all didn't matter anyway because American citizens, and not the smarty pants such as yourself, were the ones who knew better about the un-American Obama left and the chronically criminal Clintons and made the very right choice in November 2016.
Closed Thread