Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #2446
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Voila
That just about "covfefe" it
Old 06-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #2447
hcap

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/a...3&d=1496409193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Voila
That just about "covfefe" it
Old 06-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #2448
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yes, Mr. "Enlightened One" and in my "agreeing" with you, I demolished your what you think LK 17:21 is teaching because Jesus took away the kingdom from "within" the Pharisees and gave it to another nation.
What you just wrote is an INTERPRETATION of LK 17:21 which you just agreed with me does NOT need INTERPRETATION. (See Below) You are like a cat chasing its tail.

Quote:
that passage didn't need any stinkin' interpretation
Again I am only interested in the syntax of LK 17:21 NOT INTERPRETATIONS and my research has shown that the current interpretations change the syntax no matter how you slice it. So those interpretations are wrong and politically charged.

Quote:
Also, you didn't notice in my 1782 that I pokin' some fun at you through my sarcasm?
So what? Are you saying you didn't mean your sarcasm which BTW is another form of not answering a question or argument.

You are the real "Mr. No Answers", not PA.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #2449
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What you just wrote is an INTERPRETATION of LK 17:21 which you just agreed with me does NOT need INTERPRETATION. (See Below) You are like a cat chasing its tail.

Again I am only interested in the syntax of LK 17:21 NOT INTERPRETATIONS and my research has shown that the current interpretations change the syntax no matter how you slice it. So those interpretations are wrong and politically charged.

So what? Are you saying you didn't mean your sarcasm which BTW is another form of not answering a question or argument.

You are the real "Mr. No Answers", not PA.
Your "research"???

Hey do your syntax thingy on Mat 21:43 and let me know what you come up with!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #2450
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Your "research"???
Yes, I did research on this as it is a major issue in the entire Christian religion. You see, Christ was discussing "consciousness" as in "Christ consciousness". But that's way above your head. Pun intended.

Quote:
Hey do your syntax thingy on Mat 21:43 and let me know what you come up with!
Yeah, Yeah, more diversionary tactics.

Actor is still awaiting your response Mr No Answers.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #2451
boxcar

[quote=Light;2178838]Yes, I did research on this as it is a major issue in the entire Christian religion. You see, Christ was discussing "consciousness" as in "Christ consciousness". But that's way above your head. Pun intended.

That's your interpretation.

Quote:
Yeah, Yeah, more diversionary tactics.
No it's not. It's relevant to your "syntax" thingy for Lk 17:21. According to your syntax approach, it seems to me Christ took away their "Christ consciousness" in Mat 21:43.

Quote:
Actor is still awaiting your response Mr No Answers.
Don't worry about Actor. Stay focused on your own problem. You're not talented enough to handle your own problems, never mind sticking your nose into other people's business.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #2452
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Of course, I'll forgive you...but really...you're not showing very much confidence in all your fellow scientists who have predicted doom and gloom in the foreseeable future, which I have to think would include hell freezing over.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:18 AM   #2453
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
The one is who is the Unmoved Mover or Uncaused Cause. Also known in the OT scriptures as "Elohiymn", translated "God".
How do you know that's the right one? Why not Zeus or Odin or Shiva?
It's obvious that boxcar does not have an answer to the question. So if we grant, for the sake of argument, that the universe was caused by an "unmoved mover or uncaused cause" and further grant, for the sake of argument, that said mover/cause was a who and not a what then the identity of said mover/cause remains a complete mystery. If the mover/cause was a deity then a deist god fits the bill as well as any, a deity who created the universe and then left it to its own devices. There is no reason to believe, no evidence, that it was Elohiymn.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:39 AM   #2454
boxcar

Quote:
It's obvious that boxcar does not have an answer to the question. So if we grant, for the sake of argument, that the universe was caused by an "unmoved mover or uncaused cause" and further grant, for the sake of argument, that said mover/cause was a who and not a what then the identity of said mover/cause remains a complete mystery. If the mover/cause was a deity then a deist god fits the bill as well as any, a deity who created the universe and then left it to its own devices. There is no reason to believe, no evidence, that it was Elohiymn.
The only thing obvious are two things: You don't believe patience is a virtue. And you have a strong antichrist bias. Carry on.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #2455
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The only thing obvious are two things: You don't believe patience is a virtue.
Patience is not always a virtue. When you are down for the count telling the ref that patience is a virtue is not going to get you off the deck.
Quote:
And you have a strong antichrist bias.
I have a strong pro-evidence, pro-logic bias. If that translates to a strong antichrist bias then so be it.

All you have to do to convert me is give me credible evidence and credible logic. What do I have to do to de-convert you?

Last edited by Actor; 06-03-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #2456
boxcar

Quote:
Patience is not always a virtue. When you are down for the count telling the ref that patience is a virtue is not going to get you off the deck.
I'm sorry to hear this. I had no idea I decked you. Sometimes I don't know my own strength. It's no wonder that patience is of no use to you.

Quote:
I have a strong pro-evidence, pro-logic bias. If that translates to a strong antichrist bias then so be it.
Shirely U. Jest, most especially when it comes to the "logic" part.

Quote:
All you have to do to convert me is give me credible evidence and credible logic.
You could start by researching and studying the Anthropic Principle.

Quote:
What do I have to do to de-convert you?
Nothing. Under the New Covenant God causes his saints to persevere. In other words, I'm bullet-proof.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #2457
Light
Veteran

Quote:

That's your interpretation.
Yes it is. In the long run it's how you use it. As someone once said:

You can use religion in the service of the ego, or you can use it in the service of the Truth.

If you believe only your religion is the Truth, you are using it in the service of the ego.

Used in such a way, religion becomes ideology and creates an illusory sense of superiority as well as division and conflict between people.

In the service of the Truth, religious teachings represent signposts or maps left behind by awakened humans to assist you in spiritual awakening, that is to say, in becoming free.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #2458
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear this. I had no idea I decked you.
You are the who got the uppercut. You are the one who is on the deck.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #2459
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I'm bullet-proof.
Tell that to the people in the ER. And have patience while the doctors take their coffee break before attending to your bullet wound.

Next question:

Why must the prime mover/uncaused cause be a "who" and not a "what?"
Old 06-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #2460
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Yes it is. In the long run it's how you use it. As someone once said:
So, you lied a couple of weeks ago when you said the verse needed no interpretation. And yet...you think you have the kingdom of God "within you".

Well...then, I too have the kingdom within me and Mat 21:43 says that Christ took the kingdom away from the Jews and planned on giving it to another nation. So...go "syntax" that or interpret it or whatever.