Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #5446
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Provided that he was wrong. If he was right no experiment will ever prove him wrong. Furthermore he would welcome such a finding. He valued truth.

The so-called ClimateGate controversy has been thoroughly debunked. Google it.

Exactly how was the data "fudged"?

Don't you get it. The locks are to keep the fish out of downtown New York. Although it may take fish swimming up Broadway before the politicians pony up the money.

Make sure they are not watching Haulover Beach instead.
Yup...now you're catching on. Just one experiment away from being proven wrong. Einstein and some other scientists had some humility, unlike AGW buffoons, evolutionist-airheads, etc. who claim that AGW and evolution are "fact".

Bummer about the downtown streets of Noo Yawk. I think seeing marine life swim up and down Broadway, 5h Ave., etc. would add a nice touch of marine wildlife genre to the concrete jungle.

Read the real facts about ClimateGate to see how the data was "fudged". Stay away from the loony tune Dr. Doolittle sites that attempt to debunk the facts.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #5447
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Oh...so you've shifted the goal posts away from an entire system of eschatology to one part of it.

For your info the rapture is held by virtually all bible-believing. evangelical Christians, regardless of their eschatology. Only the apostates or heretics in the church don't believe in the rapture. And those who don't believe in the rapture very likely don't believe in the Second Coming either. It's extremely difficult to not believe in one and yet believe in the other due to insurmountable theological problems that would arise from the denial of either.
I said from the begging that Rapture believing Christians wre in the minority. It may be Evangelicals are a sizable number but that number is not the majority.

For instance,

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016...in-the-rapture

Quote:
Out of the 1,000 senior Protestant pastors surveyed, only a third (36 percent) believed in a pre-tribulation rapture where Christians disappear at the start of the apocalypse and those left behind suffer tribulation.
2.If you add up the numbers and include Catholics as well as mainstream Protestants. Evangelicals are in the distinct minority

...According to a Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life study, Evangelicals can be broadly divided into three camps: traditionalist, centrist, and modernist. A 2004 Pew survey identified Evangelicals as 26.3 percent of the population, while Catholics make up 22 percent and mainline Protestants make up 16 percent.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #5448
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Look up ClimateGate to see how the data was fudged, manipulated etc. to fit the doomsday-sayers' presuppositions.
There have been a number of investigations. All have cleared the scientists of any wrongdoing.

Quote:
https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.WoNdqXxrwsU

Investigations Clear Scientists of Wrongdoing

Six official investigations have cleared scientists of accusations of wrongdoing.

A three-part Penn State University cleared scientist Michael Mann of wrongdoing.
Two reviews commissioned by the University of East Anglia"supported the honesty and integrity of scientists in the Climatic Research Unit."
A UK Parliament report concluded that the emails have no bearing on our understanding of climate science and that claims against UEA scientists are misleading.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Inspector General's office concluded there was no evidence of wrongdoing on behalf of their employees.
The National Science Foundation's Inspector General's office concluded, "Lacking any direct evidence of research misconduct...we are closing this investigation with no further action."

Other agencies and media outlets have investigated the substance of the emails.

The Environmental Protection Agency, in response to petitions against action to curb heat-trapping emissions, dismissed attacks on the science rooted in the stolen emails.
Factcheck.org debunked claims that the emails put the conclusions of climate science into question.
Politifact.com rated claims that the emails falsify climate science as "false."
An Associated Press review of the emails found that they "don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions."

Do us all a favor..ABSOLUTELY no more Climate change posts.

Last edited by hcap; 02-13-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #5449
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I said from the begging that Rapture believing Christians wre in the minority. It may be Evangelicals are a sizable number but that number is not the majority.

For instance,

2.If you add up the numbers and include Catholics as well as mainstream Protestants. Evangelicals are in the distinct minority

...According to a Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life study, Evangelicals can be broadly divided into three camps: traditionalist, centrist, and modernist. A 2004 Pew survey identified Evangelicals as 26.3 percent of the population, while Catholics make up 22 percent and mainline Protestants make up 16 percent.
Quote:

For instance,

You really should try to refrain from waxing knowledgeable on biblical doctrine. Quit talking about things you know nothing of and are forced to get your talking points from the internet.

The 36% or so who believe in the rapture specifically believe in a PRE-TRIBULATION] rapture (these would be mainly your Dispensationalists). However,there are numerous other evangelicals who believe in a POST-TRIBULATION rapture. And there is a minority group (Preterists) who believe the rapture has already occurred centuries ago. So...between the two main groups the vast majority of conservative, evangelicals believe the rapture will occur either before or after the "Great Tribulation", so obviously they don't agree on when it will occur in the eschatological scheme of things.

And when I use the term conservative Evangelicals or even just Evangelicals, I'm referring strictly to those within Protestantism. I do not include Catholics because quite frankly Catholics don't evangelize very much -- in fact, other than in foreign missionary fields (perhaps), virtually not at all. I therefore, have to seriously question Pew's number of Protestants at being only 16%, since Protestantism would include a large number of independent congregations and a large number of Protestant denominations, e.g. Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Methodist, etc.. In a broad sense, a Protestant is someone who doesn't hold to the teachings of Catholicism.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #5450
boxcar

Quote:
There have been a number of investigations. All have cleared the scientists of any wrongdoing.
Yeah...okay.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #5451
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah...okay.
I said please NO MORE GLOBAL WARMING nonsense from you from you.!!!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #5452
hcap

You won't talk numbers about the RAPTURE? Fine Let's talk absurdities.

The best known treatment of the Rapture is probably Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye's Left Behind book and movie series.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_o...d_of_the_world

There's always been good business predicting the end of the world. The "end" of the "world" is pretty badly defined by most supernatural predictions. The rapture, for instance, is really just the beginning of the end, and signals civilization being sent back to the Stone Age for a bit. During all this The Chosen are whisked up to heaven. Meanwhile, predictions of the end of the world in 2012 were wide-ranging, from a comet just tearing Earth in half (the rest of the universe spinning on as usual) to the complete and total end of everything ever.

BTW, There is a number of news sites that keep score of how close the RAPTURE is

http://www.raptureready.com/category/nearing-midnight/

And of course it uis filled with tin foil about the dork in Chief

Nearing Midnight
Feb 12 2018
Published on: February 11, 2018 by RRadmin7

The Civil War Mindset in America

The liberal media and the Democrats have become so insanely fixated on destroying the Trump Presidency that they will use any means, legal or illegal. I’ve lost track of all the nutty ploys these people have used to declare Trump unfit for office. Their next move will be to tear up the constitution, because any document that allows Donald Trump to become president is not worth the paper it’s written on.

Figures you would fall for so much tin foil
Old 02-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #5453
hcap

Thought I would post a checklist for boxcar.

Btw, will you give away your possesions to charity when your whisked away?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:07 AM   #5454
boxcar

Quote:
Thought I would post a checklist for boxcar.

Btw, will you give away your possesions to charity when your whisked away?
I don't know why you're posting all this [b]pre-tribulation[b] rapture stuff that Dispensationalists believe. AGAIN...try to listen up: I do not adhere to Dispensationalism. So...you're mocking the wrong guy here. For example, when the rapture of the living saints occurs at the Second Coming at the end of the age, that is the END. Period! All that will remain immediately (this is the operative term) after the rapture is the Great White Throne Judgment whereby Christ with his saints will judge the world, cast the wicked into hell, along with Satan and all his demons, then the old order of things will be destroyed to prepare for the creation of the new Heavens and new Earth. In other words, in case this easy-to understand-explanation of end time events has escaped you, no one will have to worry about donating their possessions to charity at the Second Coming of Christ. Got it now?
Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #5455
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Their next move will be to tear up the constitution, because any document that allows Donald Trump to become president is not worth the paper it’s written on.
Don't you believe this by now?
Old 02-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #5456
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Don't you believe this by now?
You are not Rapture ready. That was not me!

You quoted a recent news flash from...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcao
BTW, There is a number of news sites that keep score of how close the RAPTURE is

http://www.raptureready.com/category/nearing-midnight/
Old 02-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #5457
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You are not Rapture ready. That was not me!
I know it wasn't you who wrote that...but I just figured you agreed with them on that little aspect...
Old 02-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #5458
hcap

Quote:
I know it wasn't you who wrote that...but I just figured you agreed with them on that little aspect...
Hugh??

It's not the Constitution that's at fault, it is you naive Trump toadies that are busy sharing the vaseline as youse guys get reamed, does not make an attractive and convincing political point of view for debating those of us who thought we knew you.

As I once said, compared to Donald Trump, George W.Bush has become a scholar and statesman.

Last edited by hcap; 02-14-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:14 PM   #5459
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Hugh??

It's not the Constitution that's at fault, it is you naive Trump toadies that are busy sharing the vaseline as youse guys get reamed, does not make an attractive and convincing political point of view for debating those of us who thought we knew you.

As I once said, compared to Donald Trump, George W0Bush has become a scholar and statesman.
Oy vey
Old 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #5460
hcap

Quote:
Oy vey
Tell that to Jared.
Closed Thread