Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
Belmont Late Pick 4 Thread

A thread to post Belmont Late Pick 4 selections...next race date is Thursday June 8...
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...-BEL-20170608D
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #2
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
Preliminary Selections

r6
r7

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 06-06-2017 at 10:41 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
r6
r7

r6
r7
r8
r9

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 06-06-2017 at 10:59 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #4
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,697
Rep Power: 0 Dahoss9698 is on a distinguished road
You going to actually bet the Pick 4 on Thursday? Or is this more "creativity"?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
You going to actually bet the Pick 4 on Thursday? Or is this more "creativity"?
What difference does it make...the real question is ARE YOU GOING TO BET IT...?
And CAN YOU ADD TO THE CREATIVITY..?
No offense intended...who do you like..?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 11:15 PM   #6
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
I see these handicappers getting together on video.drf.com and conversing with each other with the goal of putting Pick 4 tickets together and I think to myself "WE COULD DO THAT HERE AT PA, the premier horse racing forum...But horse players are notorious for being independent and secretive with their picks, afraid that their profit will be reduced by sharing (there is truth to this) but it is more likely that their ticket will fail so what is the big deal in sharing and working together..?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 06-06-2017 at 11:18 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #7
Slew
Registered User
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lexington, KY.
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 9 Slew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I see these handicappers getting together on video.drf.com and conversing with each other with the goal of putting Pick 4 tickets together and I think to myself "WE COULD DO THAT HERE AT PA, the premier horse racing forum...But horse players are notorious for being independent and secretive with their picks, afraid that their profit will be reduced by sharing (there is truth to this) but it is more likely that their ticket will fail so what is the big deal in sharing and working together..?
I see nothing wrong with this comment.
GL w/pick4
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 11:36 PM   #8
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,697
Rep Power: 0 Dahoss9698 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
What difference does it make...the real question is ARE YOU GOING TO BET IT...?
And CAN YOU ADD TO THE CREATIVITY..?
No offense intended...who do you like..?
Good answer. That's kinda what I thought.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #9
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Good answer. That's kinda what I thought.
I figure if we all spend more time putting quality tickets together, we can ALL make more money, instead of working against each other and nit-picking each other's faults...I think there was a part of the movie A BEAUTIFUL MIND that highlighted this concept...REGARDING COMPETITIVE BEHAVIOR and the odds of improved outcomes by working together.....how about it?

The Pick 4 is the best bet in racing...let's go after them together...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 02:47 AM   #10
MONEY
Registered User
 
MONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston Tx.
Posts: 1,950
Rep Power: 14 MONEY will become famous soon enoughMONEY will become famous soon enough
I only looked at the 9th race, and I see that you have #6 Charge Latouche included in your picks.

On Thursday, Charge Latouche will have 713 days off since his last race.
The only time that I ever bet on a horse with that much time off was in 1998.
The horse won.
His name was Da Hoss and he was trained by Michael W. Dickinson.
Michael W. Dickinson just happens to be the trainer of #6 Charge Latouche.

P4s are not my type of bet.
I like my money so I only handicap and bet 7, 8 & 9 horse fields on the dirt,
(no 1st timers or coupled entries). I bet lightly & I have fun.

#7 Summer Mischief's only race was a throw out.
I think that he will do better, running on the turf for Christopher Clement.

Good Luck
__________________
Please don't kill the messenger.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #11
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,697
Rep Power: 0 Dahoss9698 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
I only looked at the 9th race, and I see that you have #6 Charge Latouche included in your picks.

On Thursday, Charge Latouche will have 713 days off since his last race.
The only time that I ever bet on a horse with that much time off was in 1998.
The horse won.
His name was Da Hoss and he was trained by Michael W. Dickinson.
Michael W. Dickinson just happens to be the trainer of #6 Charge Latouche.

P4s are not my type of bet.
I like my money so I only handicap and bet 7, 8 & 9 horse fields on the dirt,
(no 1st timers or coupled entries). I bet lightly & I have fun.

#7 Summer Mischief's only race was a throw out.
I think that he will do better, running on the turf for Christopher Clement.

Good Luck
Da Hoss had a prep race though before the 1998 BC Mile at Colonial Downs. However if there is anyone who could do it....it's Dickinson.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #12
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,697
Rep Power: 0 Dahoss9698 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I figure if we all spend more time putting quality tickets together, we can ALL make more money, instead of working against each other and nit-picking each other's faults...I think there was a part of the movie A BEAUTIFUL MIND that highlighted this concept...REGARDING COMPETITIVE BEHAVIOR and the odds of improved outcomes by working together.....how about it?

The Pick 4 is the best bet in racing...let's go after them together...
I don't buy any of this for a second and can guarantee there will be an ulterior motive behind it.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #13
MONEY
Registered User
 
MONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston Tx.
Posts: 1,950
Rep Power: 14 MONEY will become famous soon enoughMONEY will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Da Hoss had a prep race though before the 1998 BC Mile at Colonial Downs. However if there is anyone who could do it....it's Dickinson.
He sure did. He won at Colonial Downs on Oct. 11th 1998, the Breeders Cup was on Oct. 26th. Betting on Da Hoss was better than finding money.
__________________
Please don't kill the messenger.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #14
VigorsTheGrey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,367
Rep Power: 5 VigorsTheGrey will become famous soon enough
My selections are preliminary in nature, DaHoss, and are meant as a starting place for constructing an affordable .50 cent Pick 4 ticket....I welcome your input but if you think this is "ulterior" you may as well drop out now...are you interested at all in working together....?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #15
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,697
Rep Power: 0 Dahoss9698 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
My selections are preliminary in nature, DaHoss, and are meant as a starting place for constructing an affordable .50 cent Pick 4 ticket....I welcome your input but if you think this is "ulterior" you may as well drop out now...are you interested at all in working together....?
Not at all. Why would I? I do very good on my own. Why would I need to work with someone who spends countless hours posting smilies?

But I look forward to tracking your picks. Should be fun!
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Who Would Win?
Winx - 65.45%
36 Votes
Enable - 34.55%
19 Votes
Total Votes: 55
Non-members may not vote on this poll.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2017 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.