Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-23-2024, 06:47 PM   #16
equusvates

Ray Taulbot #26

In Americanturf.com website, there is a page which lists 40 articles attributed to him. The 26th article identifies a pattern which has a high success rate. Success defined as in the money or beating expectations. As stated at the website, theses angles have been tweaked over the years. I am a programmer and have pop up’s that displays when horses fires any high success rate angle. Articles numbers 1, 2, 3 and 40 are also very good. As everyone knows, no single angle determines a horse race.

If time permits, next weekend i will post in selections page, all races which I downloaded, all Taulbot angles which have fired. Even if not a programmer, theses angles submits to pencil and paper. Currently the program spits out hundreds of pages in a pdf file. The file is bookmarked so browsing the file is like browsing a website. This way you can determine for yourself the utility of Taubot’s angles.

I have to modify the program for this task. I do not want to expose my A. I. .

Last edited by equusvates; 04-23-2024 at 06:55 PM.
equusvates is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2024, 07:38 PM   #17
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
What is Ray Talbot Angle #26?
I asked ChatGPT.

Ray Talbot Angle #26 involves a set of criteria to select horses with a good chance of winning at odds of 4-1 or greater.

Here's a summary of the angle:
  • The horse must have finished within two lengths of the winner in its third race back, and this race should have occurred no more than 50 days ago.
  • The finishing time of the horse in its last race must be as fast or faster than its time in the third race back.
  • The horse should have shown early speed or made up ground in its last race, which must have been run within the last 21 days.
  • The horse must be the only one in the race that meets all the above criteria.
  • The odds for the horse should be 4-1 or higher.

This angle emphasizes the importance of recent form, speed, and value in betting selections. It's designed for those who can patiently wait for races that meet these specific conditions, optimizing the chances for profitable outcomes.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2024, 11:24 PM   #18
ranchwest

Thanks, Dave!
Old 04-25-2024, 07:40 AM   #19
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I asked ChatGPT.

Ray Talbot Angle #26 involves a set of criteria to select horses with a good chance of winning at odds of 4-1 or greater.

Here's a summary of the angle:
  • The horse must have finished within two lengths of the winner in its third race back, and this race should have occurred no more than 50 days ago.
  • The finishing time of the horse in its last race must be as fast or faster than its time in the third race back.
  • The horse should have shown early speed or made up ground in its last race, which must have been run within the last 21 days.
  • The horse must be the only one in the race that meets all the above criteria.
  • The odds for the horse should be 4-1 or higher.

This angle emphasizes the importance of recent form, speed, and value in betting selections. It's designed for those who can patiently wait for races that meet these specific conditions, optimizing the chances for profitable outcomes.

Can this angle be ran vs back data?
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2024, 09:57 AM   #20
headhawg
crusty old guy

There's no reason why it couldn't be tested. The only problem is that the third bullet point is open to interpretation. Someone testing it would have to try different definitions of early speed and making up ground. Maybe the actual angle was more specific about those things and ChatGPT is just being vague on purpose. It wants to keep the angle to itself.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:22 AM   #21
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
There's no reason why it couldn't be tested. The only problem is that the third bullet point is open to interpretation. Someone testing it would have to try different definitions of early speed and making up ground. Maybe the actual angle was more specific about those things and ChatGPT is just being vague on purpose. It wants to keep the angle to itself.
https://www.americanturf.com/newslet...ow.cfm?id=5866
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply