Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-11-2017, 12:36 AM   #16
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pick 5 View Post
youre talking about a horse that couldnt make up any lengths in the stretch against a maiden who was running on the wrong lead....hes all yours
I'm well aware that Saturday's race wasn't his best. But I thought I laid out a pretty good reason why it wasn't. Do you think that was his "a" race? Or is it possible he's got a much better effort in him?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 12:45 AM   #17
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I'm well aware that Saturday's race wasn't his best. But I thought I laid out a pretty good reason why it wasn't. Do you think that was his "a" race? Or is it possible he's got a much better effort in him?
I surely hope it wasnt his A race...and i dont think it was his A race...but if he was the real deal, his C race should have been able to blow by those horse in the stretch...or atleast look better than he did....i thought he looked pretty flat....it was surprising
Mr. Pick 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #18
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Guess we disagree. That's what this game is all about. I do recommend watching the race again to anyone on the fence about him.

I thought it was bad first time I saw it too. But after rewatching it a few times tonight I picked up on some things I missed first time. Just need him to get in now.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #19
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Guess we disagree. That's what this game is all about. I do recommend watching the race again to anyone on the fence about him.

I thought it was bad first time I saw it too. But after rewatching it a few times tonight I picked up on some things I missed first time. Just need him to get in now.
I think he should be in barring something really extreme....theres almost no way hes not in the gate....do you have your eye on any other horses aside from him?
Mr. Pick 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 09:05 PM   #20
PowerUpPaynter

I did extensive work on Gunnevera tonight. He will finish in the money. Its a lock. Fountain Of Youth, Delta Jackpot, and the Saratoga Special watch him close! Thats a derby board hitting move. And the horse he closed on in the sprint race the saratoga special is going to be a hell of a sprinter who just won a big one last week. Recruiting Ready. Buckpasser in the X, fast closing fractions in the Florida Derby where he was taken back a little too far and all the speed help but he ran up for 3rd. Sneaky Good. give me 12-1 and im pounding it. As much as I like Hence I think Gunnevera is just a better version of Hence or a more polished version...

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 04-14-2017 at 09:17 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #21
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
I did extensive work on Gunnevera tonight. He will finish in the money. Its a lock..
could somebody do some extensive work and tell me gunnevera won't be 17/18/19/20 for half the race.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #22
Andrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc990 View Post
Are you at all concerned that the Fountain of Youth fried him? Monster effort that early as a 3 year old.... Doesn't sit well with me.

He definitely had some circumstances (mostly post position) against him last out but regardless, he bounced hard. The FOY being such a dramatic top for him, I'm taking a decidedly more negative view going forward.
That's the way I'm going to be viewing him going the Derby. I can't bet a horse in the Derby off an X race, especially when there were observations made before the FD that Gunnevera had lost some weight between the FOY and his last. The post race comments from Castellano, when he said that the horse lacked his usual punch when he asked him around the far turn, also raises an alarm.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #23
luisbe

Gunnevera is going to be the "fave" to hit the board, he'll be in all tickets. No value.
luisbe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #24
no breathalyzer
Veteran

I actually feel the same about McCraken... only time will tell if its the kiss of death Dahoss9698 Since you been on record thinking i'm a drunk moron

You want a warm beer
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #25
señorclipclop

Both ran better than the results might indicate. Probably will use both in 3rd/4th.
señorclipclop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 07:20 AM   #26
The Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
I did extensive work on Gunnevera tonight. He will finish in the money. Its a lock. Fountain Of Youth, Delta Jackpot, and the Saratoga Special watch him close! Thats a derby board hitting move. And the horse he closed on in the sprint race the saratoga special is going to be a hell of a sprinter who just won a big one last week. Recruiting Ready. Buckpasser in the X, fast closing fractions in the Florida Derby where he was taken back a little too far and all the speed help but he ran up for 3rd. Sneaky Good. give me 12-1 and im pounding it. As much as I like Hence I think Gunnevera is just a better version of Hence or a more polished version...

Agree bro ... following that Buckpasser in the X with good late speed time in last race , heading to Derby ...

McCraken ... won't finish in top 4 ...
The Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #27
PowerUpPaynter

Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #28
f2tornado

Gunnevera's fast fractions in concert with the Buckpasser-x angle make him a must use, at least for the exacta. He has a big league rider which I believe is a big plus in a huge field. His dosage profile suggests the distance will not be an issue. He reminds me of Orb albeit Orb was undefeated going into the dance. If the speed folds I suspect he will contend otherwise we will see another version of Exaggerator. I'm thinking McCraken might be Mohaymen Jr. but he has ran well at the track and therefore I cannot totally throw out of my tri wager.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #29
boys at tosconova

gunnevera-

dialed in, revolutionary, mylute, frosted, archx3..and i'm sure i'm missing many more really good deep closers. i can't even play the horse because of him be a deep closer. you simple are are up against it from being 18/19/20th. in the KD.....to make matters worse the horse gets compromised in smaller fields as well. he'll need a quick pace and plenty of luck...this coming on the heels of a short price in every exotic bet

as much as i think he's good enough, his racing style and large field negates almost everything positive imo

hassan chop

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-20-2017 at 06:37 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #30
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
gunnevera-

dialed in, revolutionary, mylute, frosted, archx3..and i'm sure i'm missing many more really good deep closers. i can't even play the horse because of him be a deep closer. you simple are are up against it from being 18/19/20th. in the KD.....to make matters worse the horse gets compromised in smaller fields as well. he'll need a quick pace and plenty of luck...this coming on the heels of a short price in every exotic bet

as much as i think he's good enough, his racing style and large field negates almost everything positive imo

hassan chop
Pretty sure Revolutionary hit the board, Frosted finished 4th, and that 50-1 turd sandwich Mine That Bird came from dead last if i remember correctly... that damn turd sandwich, i hate that horse! Take that horse out of it and I hot the win bet, exacta, tri, and super!!!!