Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #16
Grits

Don't know about tomorrow, but today's Black Eyed Susan card? Halfway through with 7 races, only one horse has paid over $10. The 3rd race winner paid $11.20. These prices are not very rewarding, to say the least... winners, rolling bets, etc. Maybe it'll get more interesting.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 07:53 AM   #17
fiznow

Stradivari at 8-1 is worth a win bet for me, he looks special. But I won't play any exotics.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #18
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Don't know about tomorrow, but today's Black Eyed Susan card? Halfway through with 7 races, only one horse has paid over $10. The 3rd race winner paid $11.20. These prices are not very rewarding, to say the least... winners, rolling bets, etc. Maybe it'll get more interesting.
Only race 10 had a winner that wasn't the first or second favorite. Although lots of second faves came in.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #19
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

I guess I can dutch three runners at 23-1 and still get a 7-1 proposition. I've got my eye on , , & . Frontrunners with a penchant for an off track.

I mentioned Cherry Wine earlier (of course I meant "show" not "place," sorry), but if you want a late runner with mud talent, hard to look past Exaggerator.

Nyquist doesn't like the wet track, Exaggerator gets stuck in traffic, one of the frontrunners holds on for the win?

Stradivari is definitely a live wildcard but 8-1 is a bit dear for the outside post and lack of mud experience (although he broke his maiden on a "good" track pressing the pace).
Old 05-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #20
CincyHorseplayer

Derby and Preakness coming on like 2 high class prostitutes. Very attractive. And boy oh boy story lines galore! Plenty to talk about, very interesting. Not ready to get in bed with either of them though!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #21
clocker7
Veteran

My problems with Stradivari have to do with his last race.

First, he carried only 118lb. Second, he had the type of setup that is easiest for a superior stalker to shine: good pp, small field, perfect positioning, no awkward moments. Generally, that type of outing tends to overstate the performance, when it comes to handicapping the next time out.

Today he will be up against better animals, bigger field, not guaranteed to get a garden spot, shouldering 126 while going another 1/2f longer, and with a pp that is not particularly favorable. On paper, his extra weight and potential extra ground loss will take many lengths off of his glowing effort last time out.

His brilliance is priced in (as it should be because of his obvious talent), but the other factors don't seem to be. Exaggerator has carried 124 and 126 in top 3yo races his last times out, and has had to overcome traffic issues and one huge field in doing so. He's a veteran, compared to a rookie coming from single-A ball ... and the projected odds are only this disparate?

Like everybody else, I'm looking for one outsider to gunk up the board. But S seems to be an underlay.
clocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #22
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Might take a shot or two, Fellowship win/place, small exacta/tri/supers with Fellowship 2nd/3rd, etc.. Small bets guys!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:19 AM   #23
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67
Only race 10 had a winner that wasn't the first or second favorite. Although lots of second faves came in.
Yesterday was a terrific bore.

Highlight of the day?

BEN'S CAT!!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #24
ISU-horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Might take a shot or two, Fellowship win/place, small exacta/tri/supers with Fellowship 2nd/3rd, etc.. Small bets guys!
What would fellowship pay to show if you had to guess? Around 5/1?
ISU-horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #25
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISU-horse
What would fellowship pay to show if you had to guess? Around 5/1?
Heck, I don't know, but betting to show has never filled my sails.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #26
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Yesterday was a terrific bore.

Highlight of the day?

BEN'S CAT!!!!
He looked completely beat right before the 16th pole. I actually did a yell out loud when he came on to win it at the wire! That was impressive.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #27
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
He looked completely beat right before the 16th pole. I actually did a yell out loud when he came on to win it at the wire! That was impressive.
When he came through, splitting horse...man, I flipped out. What a heart that 10 year old has!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:51 AM   #28
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Quote:

Highlight of the day?

BEN'S CAT!!!!
I lost money thinking he was an underlay but I smiled big when he got up and I heard Dave's call. It really was the highlight.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #29
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Derby and Preakness coming on like 2 high class prostitutes. Very attractive. And boy oh boy story lines galore! Plenty to talk about, very interesting. Not ready to get in bed with either of them though!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #30
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I am not passing the Preakness because I like a bet on Exaggerator. But if you like Nyquist, and especially if you like Nyquist and expect Exaggerator to finish second, this really looks like a pass. Find some other race to bet on Saturday that offers more betting value, and watch this one.
Good call.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply