Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 01-28-2019, 05:00 PM   #16
biggestal99

Turf bred.

Will be something to see at a mile on the turf.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #18
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I guess I am wondering if this horse was so talented why didnt the barn or the rest of the world know he was some kind of freak? I guess if it wasnt an off track I would be less suspect of the figures, I am sure he is good, just not 100% sold. At 1/9 might be worth a shot against next out.
I think early betting had this horse at low odds, maybe even money or so. I might be wrong, but it seemed to stand out to me, since Mott's numbers are not great with firsters. Definitely drifted up until post time. That race was Mendelson like. I did really like Hard Spun and it looks like he's got a nice son here.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #19
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
I think early betting had this horse at low odds, maybe even money or so. I might be wrong, but it seemed to stand out to me, since Mott's numbers are not great with firsters. Definitely drifted up until post time. That race was Mendelson like. I did really like Hard Spun and it looks like he's got a nice son here.
Hard Spun's been solid as a sire but hasn't had that big superstar offspring. I'm hoping he has one in this colt. I like Mott too so this colt is an easy one to pull for.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 07:35 PM   #20
Afleet

As for Hidden Scroll, Mott unsuccessfully attempted to get four different riders for the colt’s career debut, according to Daily Racing Form’s Jay Privman. All four had a previous commitment.

Mott finally was able to get Joel Rosario, who was in town from Southern California to ride Catapult (who finished fourth in the $6.7 million Pegasus World Cup Turf) and Accelerate (who ran third in the $9 million Pegasus World Cup). Rosario certainly was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to ride such an exciting 3-year-old.

Hidden Scroll was assigned a 104 Beyer Speed Figure. It was just about a year ago that Justify burst on the scene at Santa Anita Park as a 3-year-old when he won a seven-furlong maiden special weight race by 9 1/2 lengths and was credited with a 104 Beyer.

https://www.xpressbet.com/component/...gely-unnoticed
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #21
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
As for Hidden Scroll, Mott unsuccessfully attempted to get four different riders for the colt’s career debut, according to Daily Racing Form’s Jay Privman. All four had a previous commitment.

Mott finally was able to get Joel Rosario, who was in town from Southern California to ride Catapult (who finished fourth in the $6.7 million Pegasus World Cup Turf) and Accelerate (who ran third in the $9 million Pegasus World Cup). Rosario certainly was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to ride such an exciting 3-year-old.

Hidden Scroll was assigned a 104 Beyer Speed Figure. It was just about a year ago that Justify burst on the scene at Santa Anita Park as a 3-year-old when he won a seven-furlong maiden special weight race by 9 1/2 lengths and was credited with a 104 Beyer.

https://www.xpressbet.com/component/...gely-unnoticed
So he is getting off Game Winner to stay with this one?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #22
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
So he is getting off Game Winner to stay with this one?
No.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 01:12 AM   #23
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
We're on the exacta same frequency GMB, let's watch the next one on a dry fast track....
Well, nice price on Code of Honor- $21.00....Time of race was a slow 1:43.85...Hidden Scroll?...A Bust.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 01:34 AM   #24
jay68802

Quote:
Well, nice price on Code of Honor- $21.00....Time of race was a slow 1:43.85...Hidden Scroll?...A Bust.
Would not say a bust, more like cooked by the pace.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 01:41 AM   #25
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Would not say a bust, more like cooked by the pace.
Ok, might have said differently.....Doesn't Rosario have a clock in his head, or is Hidden Scroll just a headstrong one-gear slop freak, who can't rate?....Nah, it's easier just to say....a bust...
Old 03-03-2019, 01:45 AM   #26
jay68802

I think he thought he was on the GOAT, think he was over confident.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 02:01 AM   #27
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Bottom-line, I don't think we'll see this year's Kentucky Derby Winner coming from this race...
Old 03-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #28
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The Bourbon horse might continue to move on in the right direction. It's still too early to make a call on some of these.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #29
GMB@BP

Quote:
Bottom-line, I don't think we'll see this year's Kentucky Derby Winner coming from this race...
I was actually pretty impressed by the winner....the time of the race was not slow from the figure makers. Think this was the best prep we have seen to date, I could use the 1, 2 and 4th place finishers in the future.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #30
f2tornado

Disappointed with the Scroll but the money I lost I will now save in the next future pool. Bourbon War was the only horse that had decent closing speed but if he can't get the job done having race fall in his lap then I'm skeptical he can win going much longer. Toss all. Down to two CA horses unless something pops in a 9F prep.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: