Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #16
Afleet

what a POS!
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2019, 08:54 PM   #17
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Speechless.

I have had the unfortunate experience of similarly starved hunting dogs come out of the woods looking like this, dogs that got "lost" during the hunting season and I guess cuz they didn't hunt good, the owners removed their identifying collars and just left them out there to fend for themselves. I was able to save every one (and I paid their vet bills) but had to call the Sheriff to shoot one of them because I knew, just by looking, that it was "too far gone" to even take to the vet. I honestly will never be able to get the image of that particular dog out of my mind. Most of them show up tick infested, sore feet, very thin, but not yet "skeletons" like this horse is, or that dog was.

God help us, really.

I've seen some horses over in Oklahoma that are "chowtah wintered" if you know what that is. Some human beings can be awful.
Hate to say it but down in the Countryside of America this happens a lot and the county boy consider these action as Gods way. America as we know it is only 230 years old and has not progressed very far. Technology yes Humanity no
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #18
classhandicapper

Terribly sad that things like this happen.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #19
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I sent E-mails to everybody listed in the tweet, I encourage everyone on this forum to do the same.
Maybe we all helped a little bit. This is the fastest I've ever seen the LRC move on anything...

Paulick Report: Louisiana Officials Investigating Licensees in Alleged Neglect Case

I'll be watching to see what's done about Thomas Sam, if anything.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 09:02 PM   #20
Mulerider

Update

Boyd Gaming Revokes Stalls of Trainer, Owner in Alleged Louisiana Cruelty Case

Louisiana State Racing Commission has its regular scheduled meeting Monday. I hope these two miscreants lose their licenses permanently.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 11:26 PM   #21
Suff
Beat up 💪

Visually jolting

But to what end? A dignified death for every thoroughbred? We don’t do that for humans, so thats out. This and the Acia Courtney kill pen story have a jeremy balan feel. At least the Peta people don’t walk in and bet after they’re done protesting outside.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 11:54 PM   #22
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
But to what end? A dignified death for every thoroughbred? We don’t do that for humans, so thats out. This and the Acia Courtney kill pen story have a jeremy balan feel. At least the Peta people don’t walk in and bet after they’re done protesting outside.
Humans aren’t put in cages and left to starve to death. No living being should be treated that way.

What would you wish had been done here? Look the other way when a Tb trainer starves a horse to death at his home? That’s what racing has done it’s entire existence, and realized way too late that the public won’t be accepting when they get a look behind the curtain. Either we clean this up or racing will go the way of the circus.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2019, 12:22 AM   #23
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I would rather the horse be put down then left to suffer like that, it aint right. Its not right to do that to any animal intentionally,
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2019, 03:10 AM   #24
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Mule, what would be the "punishment" for this CRIME?

What can innocent bystanders do......who to call, this jurisdiction needs to be pummelled with calls and letters.
Call your city, county, or state animal welfare division. They will come out and sieze the horse immediately and take it to a vet/rehabilitation facility. It likely was too late for this poor horse, but if someone had called even a week sooner he might have had a chance.

Your local Humane Society or SPCA can help also.

This is very upsetting.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply