Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 08-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #91
sammy the sage

adding another one for Traver's day...12th....#3 Lady Eli...had bad hoof condition...over it now....works look great...BBBuuuuttttt....her competition has improved....has she???....not going to take 1/1 or less to find out....esp. after a year off...

current record...prior to today's against the chalk...17-12...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 08-27-2016 at 08:15 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #92
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
adding another one for Traver's day...12th....#3 Lady Eli...had bad hoof condition...over it now....works look great...BBBuuuuttttt....her competition has improved....has she???....not going to take 1/1 or less to find out....esp. after a year off...

current record...prior to today's against the chalk...17-12...

YOU WERE CORRECT, HOPE you cashed pal !
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #93
sammy the sage

yes...coulda done better...can't we all...thanks for the thoughts...

19-12 now...
Old 09-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #94
sammy the sage

Toga...today 9/3..5th...#2 Camelot Kitten 9/5 ML....Mr. Brown was wondering whether to run him here or rest him...per Drf article...when a trainer is wishy washy...usually bad news...besides there are a couple in here on paper just as fast or faster...CS does like to win tho...still...will play against that today...if he goes....
Old 09-03-2016, 08:41 AM   #95
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
Toga...today 9/3..5th...#2 Camelot Kitten 9/5 ML....Mr. Brown was wondering whether to run him here or rest him...per Drf article...when a trainer is wishy washy...usually bad news...besides there are a couple in here on paper just as fast or faster...CS does like to win tho...still...will play against that today...if he goes....
I can see him losing. Will be near last today. Will need a trip. Unlike last where outside post and pace was not such a deterrent. Was able to work out a 2nd over trip and grind up. Today might be inside near back till the 1/4 and will need to show massive acceleration to win. (Unless there is race flow/collapse)
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #96
pandy

I picked Strike Midnight in the 5th at Saratoga.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #97
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Going with either

Call Provision or
Copingaway

if I play the race. Not a huge believer in Camelot Kitten either.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #98
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
me too..
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #99
sammy the sage

20-12 now...Labor Day at the Spa...

7th...Vandalize 8/5 ML....my 1st comment is WHERE's Johnny???...2nd is...this NOT a normal Pletcher drop....ie...look in the 5th for his typical modus operandi...just smells...will be against today...

If there is a program change and JV is up...then will change to a no play...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 09-04-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #100
sammy the sage

21-12 now...Thurs...9/8/16 at venerable Kentucky Downs

in the 4th...20k claimers...looks like CHAOS race...w/a 2/1ML...Bissectrisa...will be against trainer Sharp here....

if the crowd follows the ML makers take off the huge fig ran 2 back...just don't see an older cheap mare running back to that...plus several here are freshened up...surface change...and Jock upgrades...will be against the Fav. here...
Old 09-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #101
sammy the sage

22-12...now...Super Derby at La. Downs...11th race...will be against #2 Mo Tom 7/5 ML probably 4/5 start...strictly a handicapping pace play here...if he can go 3/4 wide and circle this field too...more power to him and I'll lose...don't think so tho...
Old 09-10-2016, 09:35 PM   #102
sammy the sage

was not the same horse...didn't even hit the tri...23-12 now...he needs LESS Tom....ie...a break...

Sun...back to the dueling grounds....ie...Kentucky downs....9th...9/5 ML Airoforce..#10..this horse has NOT improved from last .year...something not quite right or he is what he's gonna be...maybe too much too soon...anyways...life & death to win the last one...this field MUCH tougher....and distance MORE demanding....he keeps getting bet & will get bet here....but NOT by me...am against here....

Last edited by sammy the sage; 09-10-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:00 PM   #103
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Sammy, I got to give you props for being on fire lately. Since going 10-9 at one point, you've now gone 13-3 since then, for an overall 23-12. Hopefully I haven't "mushed" you with this post.....Continued Good Luck..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #104
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Sammy, I got to give you props for being on fire lately. Since going 10-9 at one point, you've now gone 13-3 since then, for an overall 23-12. Hopefully I haven't "mushed" you with this post.....Continued Good Luck..
thanks for that...not nearly as easy as seems...we all know that typical favorites win at 33 to 37 % depending on track....but TRUE ODDS on favs win at a MUCH higher % ...especially in small fields....there are charts and stats floating around...

betting against them takes...????...still that's where the TRUE money is...do I hit every time I'm right...nope...

But let's say you like a 6/1....and in field w/big chalk...it's now 8 or 10 to 1...I only gotta be right about the winner less than 20 % to smell like roses...or you can dutch or SPREAD in exotics and REALLY kill it...

oh by the way...today...said horse...not even on the board...now 24-12

some say....why don't post who you like....years ago I did...had some pretty good streaks posting...also posted some losers....it's horse racing...happens...

so...2 fold answer...hate letting people down...but in the end...people don't appreciate anything free...and why should I kill the odds something anyways...

wait...that's mighty arrogant some might say...well too bad...so sad...for whom-ever...
Old 10-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #105
sammy the sage

I'm back...24-12...for current year...and for sat. 10/8...once again...have to pick against Lady Eli 8/5 ML #5 race 6 Belmont...going longer....yes...she needed a race....but think that 1.25 mile might be a bit much...her stable mate other "Brownie"..Sea Calesa...will NOT be a problem for her....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: