Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #2641
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Because he, to quote boxcar, "Tells it like it is" which is basically code for blames other people... especially brown ones.
Well then...look at the bright side. The pressure is off the black ones and those of Pocahontas' racial persuasion.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #2642
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
This isn't phonics.

He said "their" which is not to be confused with "they're"

At least get it right and in context.
It was his campaign announcement... he knew damn well what he was doing.

And it worked.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #2643
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's not all that diffcult to preside over a rising market when your term starts just after a huge market crash...but whatever...
woosh...

So it wasn't possible to make money in the market during those years? That was the actual discussion.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #2644
boxcar

Quote:
Ford came right out and the first thing she asked for was an investigation. That was stonewalled along with the hearing. Then at the 11th hour Republicans decide to hold a hearing. Then after that at the 11th hour decide to hold an investigation. Then after that refuse to publicly release said investigation report.

The whole thing wreaked of suppression. It was poorly played. Grossly insensitive and mostly botched.

To their credit they were completely unprepared for that leak to happen and Feinstein deserves a lot flack for how she handled thing. That said when you're caught flat-footed your first instinct shouldn't be to suppress, suppress, suppress...

Do you remember when Brett Kavanaugh was a virgin choir boy... until he wasn't. It was poorly handled... perhaps not in your eyes... but into a good chunk of voters in 30 days... it was.
Geesh...you need to get enrolled ASAP into that 12-Step Recovery Program.

You still don't understand that the fate of Kavanaugh resided entirely with Ford. She could have filed a form criminal complaint against him and stopped all votes in their tracks. But she very obviously had no stomach to finish what she started. The Senate, therefore, picked up her slack and finished it.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #2645
wisconsin

Quote:
It was his campaign announcement... he knew damn well what he was doing.

And it worked.

Give it a rest.

He has said in numerous speeches that they bring in their criminals, their murderers, their rapists, and on and on. I never took it any other way.

Twisting words is a trademark of the left.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #2646
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The whole thing wreaked of suppression.
Oh my! SUPPRESSION!!

The spin is strong with this one.

I'll tell you what. Let's just let the far-left take over everything NOW.

Get rid of Trump. Get rid of his entire administration. Get rid of all the federal judges he's appointed. Get rid of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

Just fill the government with hard far-left Democrats and be done with it all. That's what is going to happen eventually...one day...in the not too distant future.

That's where we have been heading for decades. That's what ely wants anyway, his hollow protests that he is indeed a Republican and not a Democrat aside.

Anything less will just prove to embrace rampant racism, homophobia and misogyny, plus whatever other evils one wants to conjure up. And we certainly don't want that...not even the APPEARANCE of that!

At least we can rest assured that nobody on the far-left will ever be accused of being a serial gang rapist.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #2647
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Geesh...you need to get enrolled ASAP into that 12-Step Recovery Program.

You still don't understand that the fate of Kavanaugh resided entirely with Ford. She could have filed a form criminal complaint against him and stopped all votes in their tracks. But she very obviously had no stomach to finish what she started. The Senate, therefore, picked up her slack and finished it.
You aren't debating with me. You are debating with public perception... you're the minority in this case.

What part of I give zero shits about Kavanaugh, Ford, the accusations, or any of that is too hard for you to wrap your head around?

This is just another example of Republicans willfully alienating future voters. The party that's won the popular vote for President once in the past 30 years.

And for what...? Kavanaugh is further left than your top choice in Barrett.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #2648
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Mike... stop.

You're feigning outrage at my post without actually acknowledging it as the timeline of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Yes or No:

Did Ford call for a FBI investigation into the matter prior to testimony?

Did the GOP tell her no?

Did she offer to testify anyway?

Did the GOP try and delay it?

Did the GOP then decide, when they realized they would not have votes for confirmation, to hold a investigation?

Did they allow those findings or any portion of it to be made public?

Simply answer yes or no... I'm not in the mood to debate what actually happened and can be verified as fact by reading this very thread.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #2649
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This is coming from the same person who just wrote more than once they don't give two shits about Kavanaugh or Ford...right?
Old 10-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #2650
elysiantraveller

Quote:
This is coming from the same person who just wrote more than once they don't give two shits about Kavanaugh or Ford...right?
Yes.

Its coming from the guy who realizes the party he's voted for his entire life is damaging itself for no ****ing reason other than to "stick it to the libs."

I'd really like to have a party in the future I can vote for that is equipped to win National Elections.

That can actually articulate what it stands for because right now its done a 180 on a shit load of stuff it cared about immensely just 5-6 years ago.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-08-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #2651
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Mike... stop.

You're feigning outrage at my post without actually acknowledging it as the timeline of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Yes or No:

Did Ford call for a FBI investigation into the matter prior to testimony?

Did the GOP tell her no?

Did she offer to testify anyway?

Did the GOP try and delay it?

Did the GOP then decide, when they realized they would not have votes for confirmation, to hold a investigation?

Did they allow those findings or any portion of it to be made public?

Simply answer yes or no... I'm not in the mood to debate what actually happened and can be verified as fact by reading this very thread.
So what you're saying is, the Republicans should have immediately given in to any and all demands posthaste? I mean, that's how it usually works, right? Almost always and immediately hospitable to any and all opposition demands, stunts and tactics.

You're right though. The Republicans should have immediately dropped everything and accomodated every one of Ford's and the Democrats' demands. Without trying to stall for time to investigate for themselves what was going on and try and get a hold of the situation before agreeing to everything.

That's what the Democrats have always done when confronted with Republican opposition or revelations...

Those evil, woman-hating Republicans. I'm done. I'm going to unregister as a Republican.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-08-2018 at 12:48 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #2652
elysiantraveller

Quote:
So what you're saying is, the Republicans should have immediately given in to any and all demands posthaste? I mean, that's how it usually works, right? The opposition is almost always immediately hospitable to any and all opposition demands, stunts and tactics.

You're right though. The Republicans should have immediately dropped everything and accomodated every one of Ford's and the Democrats' demands. Without trying to stall for time to investigate for themselves what was going on and try and get a hold of the situation before agreeing to everything.

That's what the Democrats have always done when confronted with Republican opposition or revelations...

Those evil, woman-hating Republicans. I'm done. I'm going to unregister as a Republican.
YOU TAKE BACK THE INITIATIVE.

Every ****ing one of those was Republicans reacting to a problem they weren't prepared for. The building was a blazing inferno and instead of calling the fire department and getting out in front of it they went and got buckets.

I just listed the timeline. That's what happened. A constant shifting of positions instead of being like, "you know... lets just investigate this and then ram the guy through" or "you know... this chump's not worth this effort bring in Barrett... let's see what those #metoo folks say about a woman... one that ACTUALLY is for overturning Roe v. Wade... they can deal with that shit... have fun."

My actual schooling and training is how to work in a political space. If that whole thing really was a "democratic trap" as you all propose why the hell was the GOP so bad at dealing with it? If it truly was the Democrats should be laughing their asses off, at least their political advisors/campaign advisors... they have soundbytes for days and it cost them NOTHING.

Republicans fell right down the "we don't care about women" trap.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-08-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #2653
boxcar

Quote:
You aren't debating with me. You are debating with public perception... you're the minority in this case.

What part of I give zero shits about Kavanaugh, Ford, the accusations, or any of that is too hard for you to wrap your head around?

This is just another example of Republicans willfully alienating future voters. The party that's won the popular vote for President once in the past 30 years.

And for what...? Kavanaugh is further left than your top choice in Barrett.
I "debate" with public opinion every time I play the ponies. And I always come out on top.

There's something to be said for being your own person. Try it sometime. You might surprise yourself. Just sayin'...
Old 10-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #2654
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
let's see what those #metoo folks say about a woman... one that ACTUALLY is for overturning Roe v. Wade... they can deal with that shit... have fun."
Did it ever occur to you that Trump and a lot of Republicans might not actually be in favor of overturning Roe v Wade?
Old 10-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #2655
Andy Asaro

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 10-08-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply