Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-22-2017, 02:01 AM   #46
BrentT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
After watching the 7th at Aquedrab today, I have no doubt this is NOT a Parx only problem.

Races are fixed everywhere.
That was brutal. I was watching the race as I had a claim in on Set the Trappe
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2017, 02:02 AM   #47
BrentT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
M. Serey wins a 1st level allowance race with number Giant Trick at Parx today after getting the horse back from a 2 month layoff and previous trainer Francisco Machado and running an 80 plus beyer on 11-1-17 and today probably a beyer in the mid 80's to boot. Interesting to see how he got a horse from a previous trainer that was running mid to upper 50 beyers, maybe its me but this just looks a little funny!
Broberg does this on a daily basis in Louisiana. It's disturbing.
He will get a horse runing 40-50 beyers, and next few outs for him it's running high 7- to low 80s, gets claimed from him and immediately drops back to 50 beyers....

Ofcourse the commissions wont look into anything as he has about 200 horses in the state so he fills the races for them. It's not like if he was gone, those horses wouldnt end up with multiple di

Last edited by BrentT; 11-22-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:06 AM   #48
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentT View Post
He will get a horse runing 40-50 beyers, and next few outs for him it's running high 7- to low 80s, gets claimed from him and immediately drops back to 50 beyers....

Ofcourse the commissions wont look into anything as he has about 200 horses in the state so he fills the races for them. It's not like if he was gone, those horses wouldnt end up with multiple di
Earlier this year at Fonner Park, we had 6 horses that were "previously trained by Broberg". I was sitting there opening day and one of those horses was the favorite. We were laughing that people were betting the horse so heavily and looking for anything that could beat it. The horse lost the race by about 14 lengths, to a Nebraska bred. It is sad what some trainers do to these animals.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #49
green80

Quote:

Broberg has access to the latest medical treatments and therapies that the average La trainer won't do or cannot afford to do. Most trainers won't claim a horse for 5000 and spend another 2000 getting him ready to run his next race. No magic here, just claim the best horses at your local track, spend the money to get them at their best, run them back cheap.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #50
Mulerider

Re Broberg. I'm capping FG for Saturday. Race 7, the , DARYLSLITTLEENGINE, was claimed by Broberg on June 8 after running a 55 Bris at EVD, beaten over 18 lengths. Broberg raced the horse on July 22, a 44-day layoff in a slight class drop. The horse ran a 90 Bris, and won by almost 5. That's some fine rehab work, indeed.

Last edited by Mulerider; 11-23-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #51
Afleet

Broberg has a horse in race 8@CD on Friday. Claimed 9/17/2017 for $10K, 1st start since claim. Conditions CLM8000NW2L. Huge gap in listed works from 10/10 4F in 49.4 then next listed work 11/4 4F 48.3.

Tell me I can toss this horse
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2017, 09:18 AM   #52
onefast99

Quote:
That was brutal. I was watching the race as I had a claim in on Set the Trappe
Did you claim him?
Old 11-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #53
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
Broberg has access to the latest medical treatments and therapies that the average La trainer won't do or cannot afford to do. Most trainers won't claim a horse for 5000 and spend another 2000 getting him ready to run his next race. No magic here, just claim the best horses at your local track, spend the money to get them at their best, run them back cheap.
I'm curious what treatments you're talking about.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #54
onefast99

Navarro isn't part of the subpoenas at Parx but here is a quote from the seemingly re-born again trainer...
"I’m really focused, trying to put what happened this summer behind me and move on,” Navarro told DRF. “I’m really into my horses right now and looking forward to having another big meet this winter at Gulfstream.”

Everyone would also like to know what really is in those horses....
Old 11-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #55
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Navarro isn't part of the subpoenas at Parx but here is a quote from the seemingly re-born again trainer...
"I’m really focused, trying to put what happened this summer behind me and move on,” Navarro told DRF. “I’m really into my horses right now and looking forward to having another big meet this winter at Gulfstream.”

Everyone would also like to know what really is in those horses....
Maybe he is focusing a little too much. He is 'only' 11 for 51 since October 1st, and that includes winning three of his last four.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #56
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Maybe he is focusing a little too much. He is 'only' 11 for 51 since October 1st, and that includes winning three of his last four.
I'm sure he didn't want anymore publicity so he stayed under the radar. He had a few run at the Monmouth at the Meadowlands meet where he didn't do much, a couple were for new owners.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:36 AM   #57
BrentT

Quote:
Did you claim him?
Nope, got out shook.
We tried twice on him, 9 way for 20k, and 3way for 25k.
I think he’s been messed up after watching his last start, probably glad we didn’t get him.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #58
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
you could spend a million dollars and you couldn't improve a horse that much in two to three weeks with any legal form of rehab. A needle is the only thing that can do that. Now if we're talking six months and a horse here and there then by all means that can be done.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #59
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
you could spend a million dollars and you couldn't improve a horse that much in two to three weeks with any legal form of rehab. A needle is the only thing that can do that. Now if we're talking six months and a horse here and there then by all means that can be done.
There are a few trainers who have use of cold water spa for legs and tendons it brings the temperature down to the 30 degree mark. GP has one it is $40 per a half hour. The machine cost about $90k. There are guys using shockwave 10 days before the race. Security has to see the horse when it goes through this process and they log every horse in so the 10 day period is met. I'm sure there are guys who have their own and do it a few days before the race.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #60
chadk66

Quote:
There are a few trainers who have use of cold water spa for legs and tendons it brings the temperature down to the 30 degree mark. GP has one it is $40 per a half hour. The machine cost about $90k. There are guys using shockwave 10 days before the race. Security has to see the horse when it goes through this process and they log every horse in so the 10 day period is met. I'm sure there are guys who have their own and do it a few days before the race.
I hate to break it to you but none of that is going to move a horse up as much as these guys do in two to three weeks. So you move a tendon temp down (temporarily) to 30 degrees, big deal. You still have to eliminate the cause of that. If you do that then bring the tendon down to 30 degrees daily for a month you can do it. That's why standing horses in a snow bank for a couple months heals a lot of leg issues. But if you haven't determined the cause of those ailments and done something to eliminate or prevent that your pissin down your leg.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: