Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Sunday, November 12

Race One:

SAMARA gets my nod. Well-bred-for-the-turf horse. Dam, Smara, had 3 winners and 2 turf winners from 4 starters. Major excuse in last: Bumped at start. Got caught 5-wide on that one, yet held on for 4th. Now draws the more advantageous outside post. Room to run. Should catch tiring speed. Jockey Luis Saez has solid record in his turf tries. Tom Albertrani trains this Storm Cat-bred chestnut filly. Others: , ,

Race Two:

PICO CHICK holds a pronounced class-edge over this field. This filly has faced much better. Claimed out of last. Now switches to the Robertino “Beto” Diodoro barn. Diodoro has an excellent record when entering horses who are dropping off a win. Should be out and going when gates unlatch in this 7-panels sprint. Good stalking position? “Double-A,” Angel Arroyo, is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Three:

SAN JUAN DIEGO, the Ron Moquett trainee, gets my nod in this state-bred MSW sprint. In only start at Keeneland about one month ago, this Giant’s Causeway-bred found the 7-panels distance to be too much of a stretch; she now backs down to six furlongs. That cut-back could be a prescription for a trip to the winner’s circle. I also like this colt’s recent, sharp morning works. Jose Ortiz is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Four:

KASBACH is my choice in this MSW turf route. This Medaglia d’Oro-bred bay filly – she went off the 5/2 chalk -- didn’t have the best of trips in her first pari-mutuel start a little over one month ago at Belmont (she finished 3rd). A clean, less-troubled trip would do wonders. Javier Castellano reprises the ride for “Mechanicsville Chad” Brown. Brown does extremely well with horses entered in their second career race. Others: , ,

Race Five:

MY BOY TATE gets my nod in this state-bred allowance sprint, n1x. This Michelle Nevin trainee -- she does very well with horses entered in allowance races – broke his maiden very convincingly in his last, an MSW sprint up at “The Spa”. Yes, this gelding has been away from the races now for three months since that maiden-breaking effort; yet Nevin does well with horses that have been on vacation. Yes, this Officer-bred will now face winners; however, I believe he’s equal to the task. Others: , ,

Race Six:

In this OC mile route, I’m picking the Chilean shipper with the Russian surname, KURILOV. Frankly, I'm impressed with this colt’s Southern Hemisphere races. His last win was in a Grade I event; he won by over five lengths. This colt’s trainer, one of NYRA’s best, Chad Brown, does very well with horses that are shipping into the U.S. from other countries. I might add that Brown does extremely well with horses that are making their first start under his tutelage. Yes, this colt hasn’t run in 6 months, that’s a concern. A question mark. Yet, I might add, he’s getting Lasix for the first time. Jose Ortiz is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Seven:

In this one-mile state-bred allowance, n1X, on the turf I’m picking a medium morning-line longshot: SWEET AUGUST LADY. It’s that NYRA “dynamic duo,” trainer Chad Brown and jockey Javier Castellano. Frankly, this City Zip-bred filly did not have the kindest of trips in her last. I believe that today’s starting post should allow Castellano to get this 3-year old into the flow of this race more easily. That’s certainly a factor that’s capable of paying dividends. Others: , ,

Race Eight:

In this non-graded New York state-bred 7-furlongs sprint, I’m picking: BLUEGRASS JAMBOREE. This Bluegrass Cat-bred filly has reeled off two straight wins. In fact in her six lifetime pari-mutuel starts she’s won four times and finished 2nd twice. This filly’s trainer, Charley Baker, does exceptionally well with horses who were winners of their last race and who are competing in sprints. The ever-improving Dylan Davis is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Nine:

In the finale, a 25k claiming turf route, I’m picking: RAY’S THE BAR. This GB-bred bay gelding has shown little lately. That may be because he’s faced tougher competition. In fact, in early September, this Danehill-bred finished a gutsy 4th in the Grade III Saranac up at the Spa. The gelding was leading throughout most of the race before fading in the stretch. Anything resembling that determined effort and this European-bred will be gracing the winner’s circle. Jorge Abreu is this gelding’s trainer. Abreu does very well with horses that have been on the shelf, albeit with a limited sampling. Jose Ortiz is in the irons. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: