Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #286
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
You are confused by what I said.

I never said it was OK to break the law. I said I agree with Laura Bush that it is CRUEL and IMMORAL to separate kids from the parents at the border.

You think it's OK to separate a two year old kid from his or her parents. I don't.

Those are not the Christian values I was raised with.

not confused at all just see you sat it is ok for someone children to be taken away cause they do illicit drugs and not ok if they are entering the country illegally
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #287
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
dont care about any experiment. I care about the USA and these people breaking the law to enter our country taking away from our citizens.
Most people agree with you.

My point is that it is cruel and immoral to separate children from their parents when the children had no say in their parents decision to come to America. The families can be deported, but there is no reason to break them up. Innocent children should not be punished because their parents want a better life for them.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:45 PM   #288
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
The Bible also teaches one to act morally. It is immoral to obey an immoral law. More simply stated -- two wrongs don't make a right.

the USA is acting morally.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #289
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Most people agree with you.

My point is that it is cruel and immoral to separate children from their parents when the children had no say in their parents decision to come to America. The families can be deported, but there is no reason to break them up. Innocent children should not be punished because their parents want a better life for them.

the Children are not being punished as you keep saying, it doesnt matter the intent of the parents they broke the law period.

are the children that get taken from parents that are on illicit drugs being punished ?

according to you its ok to break laws as long as the intent is good.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #290
horses4courses

Quote:
According to the self-righteous
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #291
HalvOnHorseracing

Right now the liberals are negotiating with Warner Bros. to get the rights to Daffy Duck saying "despicable" every time Trump does something.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #292
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Right now the liberals are negotiating with Warner Bros. to get the rights to Daffy Duck saying "despicable" every time Trump does something.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #293
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The notion that the children are being punished is nonsense. They are being fed, housed, and cared for by HHS.
In my opinion separating an innocent two year old from his or her mother is punishing the child.

Quote:
Their parents essentially abandoned them by breaking the law and being incarcerated.
More likely the parents are trying to escape from a situation that is so bad they are willing to suffer the consequences because the consequences are better than the reality of what they face at home.

The parents willingness to better their lives and the lives of their children does not justify the punishment of their children who have no say in the matter.

I am saddened that there are so many people who believe it is OK to treat innocent children this way; and in a country with more wealth than the world has ever seen.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #294
highnote

Quote:
You believe that separating a child from the parents is moral. I don't.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #295
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
In my opinion separating an innocent two year old from his or her mother is punishing the child.

More likely the parents are trying to escape from a situation that is so bad they are willing to suffer the consequences because the consequences are better than the reality of what they face at home.

The parents willingness to better their lives and the lives of their children does not justify the punishment of their children who have no say in the matter.

I am saddened that there are so many people who believe it is OK to treat innocent children this way; and in a country with more wealth than the world has ever seen.
I am saddened that there are people that think like you do.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #296
woodtoo

Quote:
It is cruel and immoral to punish the children by separating them from their parents when those children had no say in their parents decision to come to America.
Sounds like the parents are the immoral ones.
You do know it is 10% of the children being separated and only when the guardian has no proof they are in fact the parent, many are human traffickers
or drug mules trying to game the system. Call your Senator and demand he change the law.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #297
woodtoo

Quote:

I don't need to ask what your solution is, there is only one feasible answer.
Release everyone. To hell with everyone else's safety and security.
But but the children
Old 06-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #298
Clocker

Quote:

The US is acting legally.

As M. L. King said, morality cannot be legislated. That is why morality is of no relevance here. That judgement is left to the individual. The issue is whether or not the government is acting legally, and by all appearances, it is.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #299
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The US is acting legally.

As M. L. King said, morality cannot be legislated. That is why morality is of no relevance here. That judgement is left to the individual. The issue is whether or not the government is acting legally, and by all appearances, it is.
By "goverment" you mean the Senate who created the law that is being followed as written. Change the LAW, call your senator. if you don't your part of the problem.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #300
highnote

Quote:
the Children are not being punished as you keep saying, it doesnt matter the intent of the parents they broke the law period.
Children are being treated cruelly and immorally. That is punishment.

Quote:
are the children that get taken from parents that are on illicit drugs being punished ?
This has been answered previously.

Crossing a border is not equivalent to dealing or using drugs.

Quote:
according to you its ok to break laws as long as the intent is good.
According to me it is immoral for one to obey laws that one feels are immoral.

For example, that lady in Kentucky broke the law by refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay people. In her opinion, the law was immoral. A gay person presumably believes otherwise. She felt a moral obligation to not follow the law and issue the marriage licenses. She can't be forced to issue them, but she will have to suffer the consequences of a law she finds immoral and cannot obey.

The parents who enter the country illegally must also suffer the consequences. However, their innocent children should not be punished for the actions of the parents over which the children had no control. The families should not be separated -- that is immoral. In fact, I think it is reasonable to say that separating families is cruel and unusual punishment and does not fit the crime when the crime is trying to make better life for the child by escaping from the dangers at home. Further to that point, the parents have a moral obligation to protect their children from the dangers at home and crossing a border is a case where the ends justify the means.

Morality is not a black and white issue. There is a lot of gray. A great movie is "Unforgiven" by Clint Eastwood. It deals with the gray areas of morality. A lot of British cinema after WWII dealt with the moral issues that fell into the gray areas. It took U.S. cinema a lot of years to catch up with British cinema in that respect. Americans like good vs evil. It's simple. The reality is that there are times that good vs evil is not clear cut.

It would be nice if everything fit into nice little compartments and everybody had the same beliefs and moral codes, but that's not the way the world works.

Good parents do what is best for their kids even if not everyone can understand the parent's motivations.