Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #271
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Deporting all the illegals would be a great way to cut unnecessary spending and reduce the debt! What sayest thou, Dems?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #272
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Deporting all the illegals would be a great way to cut unnecessary spending and reduce the debt! What sayest thou, Dems?
The money saved would pay for the wall???

Trump arriving at world economic forum

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #273
reckless
Veteran

More on those horrible Trump tariffs we are lectured about

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...rman-says.html

Quote:
Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn said on Tuesday President Trump’s new “America First” tariffs are insignificant.

“I think it’s not something major in my opinion. It’s more symbolic than anything else because we are talking about relatively minor items. We are not talking about major tariffs,” Ghosn told the FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo on Mornings with Maria, during the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
I can't wait until tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #274
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn said on Tuesday President Trump’s new “America First” tariffs are insignificant.
True, the tariffs are insignificant to Nissan and its chairman.

They are significant to the tens of thousands of Americans in the solar business who will lose their jobs. They are significant to untold thousands of American consumers who will be paying much more for solar panels and washers and whatever else The Donald decides he doesn't like.

There has been zero evidence presented that these tariffs will do what Trump claims they will do, create American jobs. The tariffs are insignificant in that aspect. Please present any evidence to the contrary.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #275
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

They are significant to the tens of thousands of Americans in the solar business who will lose their jobs. They are significant to untold thousands of American consumers who will be paying much more for solar panels and washers and whatever else The Donald decides he doesn't like.

There has been zero evidence presented that these tariffs will do what Trump claims they will do, create American jobs. The tariffs are insignificant in that aspect. Please present any evidence to the contrary.
How often do you buy solar panels and washing machines? Every 1-2 months, or more likely every 10 years when you want washing machines?

I do know that if these companies --in all industries-- wish to sell to the American consumer, then they need to manufacture their products in the USA and avoid the tariff.

These companies that Trump supposedly damage simply need to make a better product that's affordable. If they cannot make money as the rules of the game dictate, then they don't deserve to be doing business. You want market share? Make a product people want at an affordable price. Very simple. A 26,300 Dow and Davos tells me your opinion of Trump's trade policies is different than the rest of us.

Trump said all this going in 2015 and he's keeping his promises of correcting the free trade b-s that the 'conservative' GOP lawmakers created. They were the ones that has done damage to the US worker and the US economy.

Trump and his America First policy is no threat to the US economy. Trump's only a threat to those that want to save face because of their prior opinions and analysis.

Thanks to Trump your 401(k) is now an 801(k), btw.

Can't wait until tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #276
woodtoo

Quote:

Your sounding flaky, snowflaky.
woodtoo is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #277
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 03:44 PM   #278
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
That's a terrible optic for dems. We want to give illegals a free education, but Joe Taxpayer gets to pay his own way. These will be some great ads this fall.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #279
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Your sounding flaky, snowflaky.
That's funny, coming from a citizen of the snowflakyest country on the continent.

How is it snowflaky to point out that Trump's tariffs hurt the American consumer and kill American jobs? Facts that fanboys ignore or deny.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #280
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

Some Democrat will come with some funny liberal math to explain how the illegals greatly benefit the economy. I don't know where but I once read where a dollar given to a welfare recipient is returned to the economy 5x over. To that I say what the f**k.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #281
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
How often do you buy solar panels and washing machines? Every 1-2 months, or more likely every 10 years when you want washing machines?

I do know that if these companies --in all industries-- wish to sell to the American consumer, then they need to manufacture their products in the USA and avoid the tariff.
How often I buy them is not relevant. The issue is how often American consumers buy them, and how many less they will buy when they have to pay the tariff or buy them from more expensive American companies.

Quote:
These companies that Trump supposedly damage simply need to make a better product that's affordable.
I never said anything about Trump damaging foreign companies, and I don't care about that. And often they already make a better product that is more affordable, which is why they outsell American-made products.

Quote:
Trump said all this going in 2015 and he's keeping his promises of correcting the free trade b-s that the 'conservative' GOP lawmakers created. They were the ones that has done damage to the US worker and the US economy.
Not so. Over 80% of the manufacturing jobs lost in this country in recent years were lost to automation. American companies are still making a lot of stuff. And they are competitive because they don't have to pay American wages and benefits and payroll taxes, especially union wages, and with fewer employees, their costs of compliance with government regulations are lower.

Where are your facts to show how these tariffs are going to help the workers and the country, other than those big corporations whose stock keeps your 401k pumped up? The stock market is not the economy.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #282
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Some Democrat will come with some funny liberal math to explain how the illegals greatly benefit the economy. I don't know where but I once read where a dollar given to a welfare recipient is returned to the economy 5x over. To that I say what the f**k.
Is that what they call "fuzzy math"? Or is would that be of the "common core" variety?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #283
woodtoo

Quote:
That's funny, coming from a citizen of the snowflakyest country on the continent.

How is it snowflaky to point out that Trump's tariffs hurt the American consumer and kill American jobs? Facts that fanboys ignore or deny.
It is true we have the snowflakyest Prime minister ever and he is flaking up Davos.
woodtoo is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #284
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
How often I buy them is not relevant. The issue is how often American consumers buy them, and how many less they will buy when they have to pay the tariff or buy them from more expensive American companies.

I never said anything about Trump damaging foreign companies, and I don't care about that. And often they already make a better product that is more affordable, which is why they outsell American-made products.

Not so. Over 80% of the manufacturing jobs lost in this country in recent years were lost to automation. American companies are still making a lot of stuff. And they are competitive because they don't have to pay American wages and benefits and payroll taxes, especially union wages, and with fewer employees, their costs of compliance with government regulations are lower.

Where are your facts to show how these tariffs are going to help the workers and the country, other than those big corporations whose stock keeps your 401k pumped up? The stock market is not the economy.
Where are your facts that America was better off ever since our American based companies began closing factories and shipping jobs overseas these past 40+ years or so?

If what you claim is oh so very true, then why have major companies with overseas manufacturing concerns begin returning to the USA ... when ?? ... oh yes, since Donald J. Trump became our President, that's when!!

And since Trump's triumphant appearance at Davos today -- he's the true leader of the free world, as if you didn't know -- more and more countries and companies will be fighting to get a foothold into our America First manufacturing and consumer economy. Mark my words. Do you agree?

There are plenty of US-based manufacturing companies willing and able to produce all these goods that you claim cannot be made here without imposing higher prices due to higher costs -- but they will, and at a profit. The ones that could will win in the marketplace; the ones that can't, will either leave the country or get into a new line of business.

Gee, clocker, that last paragraph of mine sounds like it's an example of 'free' market capitalism, no?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #285
chadk66

Snowflakes will say anything because they know the other snowflakes will just believe it.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply