Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #751
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
SA Oil Attack <> our problem

SA gets obliterated by Iran =
Conversely why is Iran selling oil to the Europeans our problem?

It's what kickstarted the whole thing in the first place.

If you want to go full "not my problem" isolationist that's fine but it runs contrary to any of the actions the US has taken since May 2018.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #752
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You guys know that Saudi has it's own Air Force right?

They can respond too...........
And they should. This reeks of SA wanting an outsider (as) do their dirty work so that they can enjoy the appearance of being non combative. Trump has made all the right moves here so far. I'm surprised b/c I didn't think he'd show restraint. The more he's in office the more people like me (that didn't like him as a candidate but voted "against Hilary") have come to appreciate the results he's achieved
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #753
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
And they should. This reeks of SA wanting an outsider (as) do their dirty work so that they can enjoy the appearance of being non combative. Trump has made all the right moves here so far. I'm surprised b/c I didn't think he'd show restraint. The more he's in office the more people like me (that didn't like him as a candidate but voted "against Hilary") have come to appreciate the results he's achieved
The right move was not abandoning a multi-lateral deal kicking this whole thing off.

Welcome to the light though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Sure but if you think Israel isn't actively trying to drag us into a war with Iran I've got another bridge for you too.

They want it. The Saudis reeeeeaaaallllyyy want it.
Quote:
All this peace and regime change sure feels like 2001 all over again! I'm giddy! Not as giddy as Israel and the Saudi's though who've been trying to engineer this for a decade.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #754
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Conversely why is Iran selling oil to the Europeans our problem?

It's what kickstarted the whole thing in the first place.

If you want to go full "not my problem" isolationist that's fine but it runs contrary to any of the actions the US has taken since May 2018.
Ely = doesn't get it
Old 09-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #755
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The right move was not abandoning a multi-lateral deal kicking this whole thing off.
It was a bad deal. Chuck Schumer told me so himself.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #756
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It was a bad deal. Chuck Schumer told me so himself.
No deal and Iran blowing shit up is certainly better.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-19-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #757
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Exactly. Rep. John Garamendi (D), Armed Services Committee, said an attack on Saudi Arabia is not an attack on the U.S. and that the President cannot take us to war, only Congress can declare war.

President Trump has no authority to attack a foreign country, because it attacked Saudi Arabia.

If the war mongers want war they need to make the case, for war, before Congress and according to Rep. Garamendi (D) that is a hard case to make.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #758
delayjf

At best, that deal only kicked the can down the road. I'd much rather Iran be using 500 lb bombs as opposed to nuclear weapons. I think these attacks show Iran's deepening desperation.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #759
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
No deal and Iran blowing shit up is certainly better.
Refresh my memory. Did Congress ratify this "deal"?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #760
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Refresh my memory. Did Congress ratify this "deal"?
Refresh mine... was Iran blowing shit up and enriching beyond reactor levels before we left this fake deal?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-19-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #761
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
At best, that deal only kicked the can down the road. I'd much rather Iran be using 500 lb bombs as opposed to nuclear weapons. I think these attacks show Iran's deepening desperation.
So the deal was working and Iran wasn't blowing stuff up and enriching beyond reactor levels prior to our leaving correct?

They're doing both of those now.

Why can't y'all just admit that leaving and embarking on this maximum pressure thing was a mistake?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #762
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Ely = doesn't get it
I do...

I just don't understand why one doesn't matter but the other apparently does...

Plus play your Iran/Saudi tape forward. They get into a conflict. Iran slaps the KSA around and closes the Straits. World economy tanks.

We just sit around and watch?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #763
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Refresh mine... was Iran blowing shit up and enriching beyond reactor levels before we left this fake deal?
Yep. Iran has been supporting and funding terrorists with the Obama cash infusion, way before President Trump withdrew from the Obama imperial presidency illegal deal.

As far as enriching more than likely it was. We have no way of knowing since the U.s. couldn't make inspections under the illegal deal.

FYI the President does not have the authority to bind the U.S. to treaties, which the Iran deal is. That power belongs to congress.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #764
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Yep. Iran has been supporting and funding terrorists with the Obama cash infusion, way before President Trump withdrew from the Obama imperial presidency illegal deal.

As far as enriching more than likely it was. We have no way of knowing since the U.s. couldn't make inspections under the illegal deal.

FYI the President does not have the authority to bind the U.S. to treaties, which the Iran deal is. That power belongs to congress.

Seizing foreign flagged tankers? Striking foreign flagged tankers? Shooting down American Aircraft? Striking the Saudi Oil Infrastructure?

Get out of here... they were funding proxies and fighting in Syria and Yemen just like we were... nothing but business as usual.

This "Cash Infusion" nonsense is simply that.

Funny everyone including the current Administration is on record saying they weren't...

There was no "treaty"... the JCPOA was part of a larger UN mandate the Executive Branch does have the authority to join.

But again... enjoy arguing it was a fake deal and that it didn't mean anything in light of the events of this summer.

Before May 2018: Iran isn't building nukes and is mostly just doing Iran.

Post May 2018: Iran is enriching and blowing up stuff, shooting down our aircraft, and hijacking shipping.

One of these is not like the other...
Old 09-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #765
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Seizing foreign flagged tankers? Striking foreign flagged tankers? Shooting down American Aircraft? Striking the Saudi Oil Infrastructure?

Get out of here... they were funding proxies and fighting in Syria and Yemen just like we were... nothing but business as usual.

This "Cash Infusion" nonsense is simply that.

Funny everyone including the current Administration is on record saying they weren't...

There was no "treaty"... the JCPOA was part of a larger UN mandate the Executive Branch does have the authority to join.

But again... enjoy arguing it was a fake deal and that it didn't mean anything in light of the events of this summer.

Before May 2018: Iran isn't building nukes and is mostly just doing Iran.

Post May 2018: Iran is enriching and blowing up stuff, shooting down our aircraft, and hijacking shipping.

One of these is not like the other...
A treaty is any agreement between foreign powers. It certainly is a treaty, an illegal and invalid one as it was never ratified by Congress.

What is TREATY?
In international law. An agreement between two or more independent states. Brande. An agreement, league, or contract between two or more nations or sovereigns, formally signed by commissioners properly authorized, and solemnly ratified by the several sovereigns or the supreme power of each state. Webster; Cherokee Nation v. Georgia, 5 Pet. 00, 8 L. Ed. 25; Edye v. Robertson, 112 U. S. 5S0, 5 Sup. Ct. 247, 28 L. Ed. 798; Holmes v. Jennison. 14 Pet. 571, 10 L. Ed. 579; U. S. v. Rauscher, 119 U. S. 407, 7 Sup. Ct. 234, 30 L. Ed. 425; Ex parte Ortiz (C. C.) 100 Fed. 902. In private law, “treaty” signifies the discussion of terms which immediately precedes the conclusion of a contract or other transaction. A warranty on the sale of goods, to be valid, must be made during the “treaty” preceding the sale. Chit. Cont. 419; Sweet.

https://thelawdictionary.org/treaty/
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington