Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-30-2019, 08:19 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

War of Will Won't Breeze Before Belmont

Casse: War of Will . . . Won't Breeze Before Belmont

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
So its good? lol
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
So its good? lol
It's all guesses for me. I 'go with' the trainer, and whatever they like.

If a horse does throw down a strong work, that takes some of the doubt out of it for me. There is time enough between the Preakness for a horse to rebound or regress.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:36 PM   #4
reckless
Veteran

I must be dating myself but I remember when trainers of Belmont Stakes hopefuls would often breeze their horses one mile as their main work for the race.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2019, 04:08 AM   #5
clicknow

Sorry, but I don't like it. I deduct points for lack of a breeze, regardless of how they ran in preakness and derby.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2019, 04:44 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Here is a sure sign - WOW will win!
Gabby Gaudet is interviewing the handler on TVG, and in the background, WOW grabs the rake in his mouth and starts raking up the area outside his stall! He is getting ready for a lot of attention and wants to look neat! Either that or Casse is one heck of a strict trainer!!!
Old 06-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #7
Blenheim
Race Player

Stringhalt and Aggression . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Here is a sure sign - WOW will win!
Gabby Gaudet is interviewing the handler on TVG, and in the background, WOW grabs the rake in his mouth and starts raking up the area outside his stall! He is getting ready for a lot of attention and wants to look neat! Either that or Casse is one heck of a strict trainer!!!
I've read Stringhalt may cause aggressive behavior. Interesting the disease may be beneficial . . .

Last edited by Blenheim; 06-01-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #8
razorback5

Easy toss from the win spot for me. No work, no win.
razorback5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #9
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback5 View Post
Easy toss from the win spot for me. No work, no win.
Tough to toss the horse but another quirky small sample size stat shows horses not working since last race are 0-7 in the Belmont since 2000. It is one race where an experienced rider should be a plus and Tyler Gaffalione is riding in his first (along with Manny Franco on Spinoff).

Favorites are only hitting the winner's circle at a 20% clip over the past 15 years so I'll shop for an upset. Sir Winston offers some intrigue.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #10
Wabash

3rd race in 5 weeks is biggest concern for me. And now no works just makes me think he is a tired horse. I don’t think he hits the board.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 08:53 PM   #11
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
3rd race in 5 weeks is biggest concern for me. And now no works just makes me think he is a tired horse. I don’t think he hits the board.
On pure probability (given he should be top 3 choices), this is the easiest toss I've seen in a long while
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #12
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
On pure probability (given he should be top 3 choices), this is the easiest toss I've seen in a long while
I thought Improbable was an easy toss in Preakness based on same reasoning. 3rd race in 5 weeks.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2019, 10:16 PM   #13
boys at tosconova

definitely not a good sign..horse could easily trip out again though.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #14
Blenheim
Race Player

Full of run . . .

In the 5/23 Paulick Report article, War Of Will Jogs At Keeneland, Assistant Carroll Says Preakness Winner ‘Building Up His Energy’, Casse assistant David Carrol said about War of Will, “He was happy to jog and right now we're just building up his energy,” said Carroll. “He was good. He felt great soundness wise. I'm sure in a couple days he'll be wanting to do a bit more. But it was good to get him back under tack.”

A week later in the 5/29 Paulick Report article, Casse: War Of Will ‘In A Very Happy Place,’ Won’t Breeze Before Belmont, Casse said, “He's not going to breeze. We kind of feel like he's in a very happy place and relaxed right now and we want him to be that way going 1 ½ miles so I don't really see any reason to,” Casse said. “We know his Preakness was good and I didn't breeze him into that. We are going to do it our way. So he is not going to breeze.”

Six days later in the 6/24 HRN article, War of Will 'acted fine' in eventful first local Belmont Stakes gallop, Casse said, "I had planned on jogging him this morning, but he had so much energy and was trying to jump on everybody and tried to jump on me, so I said to go ahead and gallop him."

From building up energy . . . to a happy place and relaxed no breeze . . . to having so much energy Casse had to gallop him, looks like War of Will has recovered from the Kentucky and the Baltimore and is gonna have somethin’ for em’ come the New York.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #15
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Casse said, "I had planned on jogging him this morning, but he had so much energy and was trying to jump on everybody and tried to jump on me, so I said to go ahead and gallop him."
he's a thoroughbred. Not like a kitten who likes to lay around in hammocks all day. They are spirited animals.

Most of these horses spend way (way) too much time standing in their stall most of the day anyway.

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't say anything to me at all.

TB orses should be galloped every day. Slowly, whatever, they need to do that. If a TB can't do a gallop then maybe think about not shooting them up with lasix so they can't recuperate normally.

There were a couple foreigners who came over for our TC races and that's what they do/did.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply