Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-27-2023, 11:22 AM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe he should have worn a madk when around Biden, Dr. Demento.
Is sementia contageous?

Maybe it was a side effect of a bad vaxx.

TERM LIMITS!
MANDATORY ANNUAL COGNITIVE TESTING

No room for drooling, babbling old ifiots in government.

DITCH MITCH
Old 07-27-2023, 11:26 AM   #17
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
All politicians and judges should be forced to retire at the age of 70 years old. What is happening in the political scene of this country is utterly ridiculous. Jobs of such vital importance can't be held by people with the diminished mental capacity of a Biden or a McConnell. Enough is enough already.
Amen brother
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 12:02 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
All politicians and judges should be forced to retire at the age of 70 years old. What is happening in the political scene of this country is utterly ridiculous. Jobs of such vital importance can't be held by people with the diminished mental capacity of a Biden or a McConnell. Enough is enough already.
Now, what do we do about the diminished mental capacity voter?
Old 07-27-2023, 12:14 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

I think their should be cognitive testing for elected officials. I do not think there should be a mandatory retirement age I have known people that were pretty sharp into their 90's and others that started having diminished mental capacity in their late 40's. Had this guy I worked with I believe was 48, asked me one shift if I had seen Ed, as he could not find him, and wondered if he did not show up for work. The shocker was Ed was this guy's ride to work.
The poor guy definitely got the short end of stick when it came to genetics, he also had two hearing aids and thick glasses.

Everybody kind of collectively kept an eye on Bill, on a good day he was a veteran machinist who knew his job well, on a bad one he could not remember how to do tasks someone only a couple months on the job could do.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 12:16 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Now, what do we do about the diminished mental capacity voter?

I always felt there should be a test to get a voter I.D. card just like a driver's license. A person who thinks Obama spent his own money on housing vouchers should not be allowed to vote.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:37 PM   #21
Vinnie

Even in Federal Law Enforcement which I was for approximately 30 years you have to retire at 57 years of age. That also goes for the boss or Director of your respective agency.

There is a very good reason for so many of these folks being up there in D.C. for one hundred and fifty frick'in years and none of those reasons are good ones IMHO.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 01:35 PM   #22
46zilzal
velocitician

Reporting today that while getting on/off a plane recently he fell flat ON this face
Old 07-27-2023, 01:42 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Funny how the foot doctor who shouts down anyone saying Biden has Dementia or Alzheimers starts this thread, comedy at it's finest. Why are most of the liberals this place attracts completely off their rocker, and about as blind and biased as one could be?
Old 07-27-2023, 01:45 PM   #24
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Funny how the foot doctor who shouts down anyone saying Biden has Dementia or Alzheimers starts this thread, comedy at it's finest. Why are most of the liberals this place attracts completely off their rocker, and about as blind and biased as one could be?
Strong evidence of one, NONE of the other

ALSO a TIA or petit mal are NOT dementias

Last edited by 46zilzal; 07-27-2023 at 01:47 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 01:49 PM   #25
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Even in Federal Law Enforcement which I was for approximately 30 years you have to retire at 57 years of age. That also goes for the boss or Director of your respective agency.

There is a very good reason for so many of these folks being up there in D.C. for one hundred and fifty frick'in years and none of those reasons are good ones IMHO.
Same with pilots and Air traffic control. Mandatory retirement ages.

Politicians actions, messups, and cognitive disasters DO have direct effect on the health, safety, and well being of the citizens.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 02:01 PM   #26
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post

Politicians actions, messups, and cognitive disasters DO have direct effect on the health, safety, and well being of the citizens.
There are so many truly clandestine changes with senescence after 60. Joint function (I told all my patients that if you "live on earth, you will get osteoarthritis."), vision, peripheral vascular perfusion, maximum heart rate, genitourinary changes, etc.

I attended a geriatrics workshop and was ASTOUNDED to see hear how much kidney function, as measured by glomerular filtration rate (luckily we have TWO of them) drops off in our 40's on....Because of redundancy we don't get any overt symptoms there.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 07-27-2023 at 02:10 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 02:37 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
There are so many truly clandestine changes with senescence after 60. Joint function (I told all my patients that if you "live on earth, you will get osteoarthritis."), vision, peripheral vascular perfusion, maximum heart rate, genitourinary changes, etc.

I attended a geriatrics workshop and was ASTOUNDED to see hear how much kidney function, as measured by glomerular filtration rate (luckily we have TWO of them) drops off in our 40's on....Because of redundancy we don't get any overt symptoms there.

Is there anyone in here impressed with your knowledge of a medical dictionary other than you? You obviously were a lousy doctor with a big ego.
Did your nurse translate what you told the patient after you left the examining room? You seem highly impressed with yourself for knowing a medical dictionary, even though with the years spent in the field I would expect you would know a medical dictionary like a layman would know a common Webster's dictionary. I am really good at trigonometry, probably like the top 99.99% percentile of average people.

Since I have been doing trig since long before software simplified solving trig problems, and use it daily, I would have to be a brain dead idiot not to be as good at it as I am. I am as impressed with my trig knowledge as much as your command of a medical dictionary, as in not in the least.

I seriously doubt many people read your drivel, you are wasting your time. I probably read it more than most just to see, if I can get a whiff of what you are getting at without hitting the medical dictionary.
Old 07-27-2023, 02:39 PM   #28
AndyC

Quote:

I would say that any "lifetime" appointed person should have a mandatory retirement age, be it 70, 75, ?.

As for people voted into jobs, it is up to us to give them a retirement party.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #29
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2023, 04:12 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Strong evidence of one, NONE of the other

ALSO a TIA or petit mal are NOT dementias