Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #3301
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
if he is smart enough to run a campaign this well, he has to be the best for the job.
Wow. That's quite a leap in logic. Best campaigner = Best man for the job??

He might be the best man, he might not be. However restaurants often sell the sizzle more than the steak.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 02:40 AM   #3302
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Wow. That's quite a leap in logic. Best campaigner = Best man for the job??

He might be the best man, he might not be. However restaurants often sell the sizzle more than the steak.
Must have loved Obama too then.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #3303
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Must have loved Obama too then.
i bet Obama the last 2 times, doesn't mean i think he did a good job running this place.

i have been betting on elections now for 36 years and have only had one loser, Bush jr. the first time around. right now i am down on the republicans and will double up when Trump gets nominated. if i get him right away i am probably going to have to lay 2-1 to get him, but my prediction is he will become an out price.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #3304
Inner Dirt

Quote:
i bet Obama the last 2 times, doesn't mean i think he did a good job running this place.

i have been betting on elections now for 36 years and have only had one loser, Bush jr. the first time around. right now i am down on the republicans and will double up when Trump gets nominated. if i get him right away i am probably going to have to lay 2-1 to get him, but my prediction is he will become an out price.
I am your exact opposite, started off by losing $50 on Ford against Carter to my Step-Dad when I was 15. I haven't bet all of them I think I am 0-5. I am covering 4-5 on Hillary against a friend, hope you continue your undefeated streak and I get my first win.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #3305
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
I am your exact opposite, started off by losing $50 on Ford against Carter to my Step-Dad when I was 15. I haven't bet all of them I think I am 0-5. I am covering 4-5 on Hillary against a friend, hope you continue your undefeated streak and I get my first win.
my first election was Carter vs. Reagan. this was the easiest election to bet and you could get down for big money. at that time, the democratic speaker of the house Tip O'Neil was campaigning for Reagan. the Massachusetts polls had Reagan in front by a mile. this time around they got Trump ahead of Hillary. if Hillary is that close here, how can she win places like Colorado and Florida? in the end i don't think Bernie would get the nomination, and in case Hillary gets arrested i don't think Biden could win either.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #3306
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You literally just said the best man running a campaign would be best for the job. 1-2 contradiction.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #3307
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
My one and only political comment. Trump seems to scare the hell out of the political establishment and the talking heads on tv. For that reason, he intrigues me.
He might be lying about everything.
WE KNOW all the rest are.

This election is America vs the rotting lump of government.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #3308
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
He might be lying about everything.
WE KNOW all the rest are.

This election is America vs the rotting lump of government.
Exactly. I disagree with a ton of the things he says. I haven't voted for either party in years. The fact he scares both sides is why I'll probably vote for him.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #3309
woodtoo

Fear not,get ready to rally in Sioux Center IA>
He made 0 appearances yesterday
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #3310
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
That took long!

SNL & Tina must have been swigging Champagne & High Fiving for days now!
Yeah, never watch the show except when Tina does her "Alaskan Bimbo" act. SNL hasn't been must-see t.v. for 20 yrs..
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #3311
Fager Fan
Veteran

Here's what National Review and others don't get: I don't care if Trump waffles or changes his mind or is of the opposite of my opinion on social issues - I want to hire him solely for economic and common sense reasons.

There is an old movie called "Dave." The President's double got to take the reins when they were hiding that the president was in a coma. The non-politician just made common sense decisions. We're not going to spend $3,000 for a toilet seat.

That is Trump. He has no social agenda. He's going to do the common sense things that we all beat our heads over when we see it not done by our politicians. Change the tax laws to bring companies and manufacturing back to the U.S. Tax Chinese imports to put us on a level playing field. Don't give millions and billions to every country in the world when we're severely in debt.

I can definitely vote for that.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #3312
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz
Yeah, never watch the show except when Tina does her "Alaskan Bimbo" act. SNL hasn't been must-see t.v. for 20 yrs..
It has its market.
It keeps them indoors on Saturday nights, so the gen pop is safer.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #3313
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
[YT="Tina Nails It"]/YI5qeobnyHE[/YT]
I am so, so happy that the left wing lunatic fringe has once again elevated Sarah Palin... I mean, who else but dear Sarah gives these dolts the woody so they can all beat the monkey to their heart(less) content.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #3314
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Here's what National Review and others don't get: I don't care if Trump waffles or changes his mind or is of the opposite of my opinion on social issues - I want to hire him solely for economic and common sense reasons.

There is an old movie called "Dave." The President's double got to take the reins when they were hiding that the president was in a coma. The non-politician just made common sense decisions. We're not going to spend $3,000 for a toilet seat.

That is Trump. He has no social agenda. He's going to do the common sense things that we all beat our heads over when we see it not done by our politicians. Change the tax laws to bring companies and manufacturing back to the U.S. Tax Chinese imports to put us on a level playing field. Don't give millions and billions to every country in the world when we're severely in debt.

I can definitely vote for that.
Not only that I see Trump calling out the obstructionist on both side... into the public's light. A loose canon on the deck, charged with We The People!! instead of special interest. That's what scares the hell out of self-serving career politicians.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #3315
Fager Fan
Veteran

This is why I don't understand Dems disliking Trump. It seems their reasoning is that he's running under the Rep banner. They should love that he's not running for any kind of social agenda (certainly not a Rep one), and they should love common sense economic and financial sense brought to us by a businessman. They should love seeing blue collar jobs brought back to the States when manufacturing is brought back here and we start taxing fairly the cheap crap from China (and other Asian countries) we're selling for them. They should love when we shore up social security and other programs because we're on better financial footing.

If Dems would get out of their head that they hate anyone with an R behind their name, they may just see their way to liking Trump.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply