Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #376
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
That would take forever.
Generally, I go further than just looking at the race conditions. I go to the chart to see the exact horses that made up the field and their PPs. So the race conditions are right there for me to read. That requires that I click on something one way or the other.

However, what you are asking for is an open item I have requested also.

When/if implemented it will be an option. You'll be able to see the race conditions in abbreviated form as you like or as they are now depending on your preference.

Be patient. There are a lot of things to come, including some very innovate stuff.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #377
proximity

tulsa....

question for cj:

do you make ratings for fmt?????
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #378
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
question for cj:

do you make ratings for fmt?????
No, I don't do any tracks that don't give internal fractions, at least not this year. Not sure there will be a Fair Meadows Tulsa next year.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #379
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Not sure there will be a Fair Meadows Tulsa next year.
that would make remington easier to handicap.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #380
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
that would make remington easier to handicap.
I understand, and maybe someday we'll expand, but the timing at that place is a joke and there isn't a lot of upside to spending 4 or 5 times the amount of time on a track like Fair Meadows than I do on a normal track. Any figures made there are only a little better than a guess IMO.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #381
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I understand, and maybe someday we'll expand, but the timing at that place is a joke and there isn't a lot of upside to spending 4 or 5 times the amount of time on a track like Fair Meadows than I do on a normal track. Any figures made there are only a little better than a guess IMO.

Cjs "a little better then a guess" is better then 99.99999999999999999999998 of opinions of regular horse players!!!!!!

From now on when I go to bet simulcast at Lrl I'm pm'ing cj to ask permission if I can go......if I don't get a response I'm calling cjs dad for permission

In the world of gambling on horses were just a guest in cjs world as he owns it!!! Ordered timeformus 4 times as I've been busy and I'm +990 stemming from it
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #382
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
no, i actually meant that if the fmt track didn't run, we wouldn't have to worry about all the missing pace figures for its shippers.

they should set up some kind of unofficial circuit with texas.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #383
proximity

the elimination of fmt might be the one time i'm actually in favor of contraction!!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #384
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Be very careful what you wish for.

They could revive Blue Ribbon Downs to fill the void if FMT goes away. I do recall that BRD races do have internal fractions listed in their PPs. Then there might be Timeform info available for them.

Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #385
proximity

oops.

didn't think you were watching the thread.

really, what's the story with fair meadows????
Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #386
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Cjs "a little better then a guess" is better then 99.99999999999999999999998 of opinions of regular horse players!!!!!!
if cj ever comes to a sudden stop your head is gonna go.....
Old 09-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #387
speed

Guy picks up a kid hitch hiking with his dog. Kid gets in the car but leaves the dog outside saying it's alright Mr. my dog will run along side the car. Guy says ok and takes off. Gets to 20 mph and says kid where's you're dog now. Kid says right outside the window. Guy looks and sure enough there's the dog. Guy accelerates to 30, then 40 then 50, he looks outside the window and sure enough there's the dog keeping up. He slams on the brakes, coming to a screeching stop, turns to the kid saying where's you're dog now. The kid responds right outside the window. The guy looks and sure enough there's the dog but he has a ring around his neck. He asked the kid what's that ring around you're dogs neck, that's his a-hole, he's not used to stopping that fast.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #388
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
Be very careful what you wish for.

They could revive Blue Ribbon Downs to fill the void if FMT goes away. I do recall that BRD races do have internal fractions listed in their PPs. Then there might be Timeform info available for them.

Like FMT, BRD had fractions, then stopped I believe. I guess the timer is just too expensive for those places.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #389
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
Guy picks up a kid hitch hiking with his dog. Kid gets in the car but leaves the dog outside saying it's alright Mr. my dog will run along side the car. Guy says ok and takes off. Gets to 20 mph and says kid where's you're dog now. Kid says right outside the window. Guy looks and sure enough there's the dog. Guy accelerates to 30, then 40 then 50, he looks outside the window and sure enough there's the dog keeping up. He slams on the brakes, coming to a screeching stop, turns to the kid saying where's you're dog now. The kid responds right outside the window. The guy looks and sure enough there's the dog but he has a ring around his neck. He asked the kid what's that ring around you're dogs neck, that's his a-hole, he's not used to stopping that fast.
speed, you never disappoint.

cj, what's the story with the possible demise of fmt??
Old 09-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #390
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
speed, you never disappoint.

cj, what's the story with the possible demise of fmt??
I don't know the whole story, but they were on life support for this year's meet.

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment