Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #16
woodtoo

[ATTACH]nancy.jpg[/ATTACH]

Owns hcap

Attached Images
File Type: png 7m4RH9s.png (278.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #17
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
  • The Democratic House will impeach Trump.
  • The Republican Senate will acquit Trump.
  • The Democrats do not want the Senate to convict Trump. They see Trump as the most vulnerable nominee the Republicans can field in 2020. They don't want to go against Pence or some other nominee.
  • The Democrats will turn the 2020 election into the real impeachment trial. The Democratic nominee will press Trump on every point raised in the articles of impeachment.
  • 19 Republican Senators are up for re-election in 2020. Any of these who voted to acquit will be pressed to justify their vote.
Massive Failure Strategy.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 07:47 AM   #18
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Get things backwards much? The Dimwits have LOST on every single issue they have charged Trump with. In a nutshell, the deranged, hate-filled dimwits, IF they impeach him, know Trump will be acquitted in the Senate, and so their only answer to that is that Senate acted in a bipartisan way to protect "their" president -- as though that is going to convince the majority of voters that the House acted in a non-partisan, way in the interest of preserving and protecting the Constitution.

It is the dimwits who have placed themselves between a rock and hard place, and they know it because the impeachment poll numbers aren't favorable for them. Not at all! And they live and die by polls! For this reason alone (among others), I doubt they will impeach Trump. I am not convinced they will go through with it.

No. today is articles of impeachment day. Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress. The old one two punch.

here is the latest poll that I know of:

Dec. 4-6
Do you favor or oppose the U.S. House of Representatives impeaching President Trump? If impeached, President Trump would have a trial in the U.S. Senate where Senators would listen to evidence and decided whether or not to remove President Trump from office.

impeach
B-
YouGov 1,500adults 47%37%Yes +10
360Republicans7%
88%
No +81
471Democrats85%
6%
Yes +79
669independents40%
33%
Yes +7

LOL 47-37

No risk at all for dems to impeach Trump.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #19
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Massive Failure Strategy.

Remains to be seen.

If Trump is ousted in the 2020 election, mission accomplished.

If Trump is reelected, massive failure.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #20
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
  • The Democratic House will impeach Trump.
  • The Republican Senate will acquit Trump.
  • The Democrats do not want the Senate to convict Trump. They see Trump as the most vulnerable nominee the Republicans can field in 2020. They don't want to go against Pence or some other nominee.
  • The Democrats will turn the 2020 election into the real impeachment trial. The Democratic nominee will press Trump on every point raised in the articles of impeachment.
  • 19 Republican Senators are up for re-election in 2020. Any of these who voted to acquit will be pressed to justify their vote.
Except if the nominee is Biden, then we will have an all out pissing contest between the two over Ukraine. The debates will be epic, with each accusing the other of corruption.

Biden said his staff should have informed him of a conflict of interest. Really, that is his excuse. He has been in politics for 44 years and he didn't think it was inappropriate. So, Biden is admitting he is stupid and a moron. Not presidential material if you ask me. The Democrats better be looking for a different nominee.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #21
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Except if the nominee is Biden, then we will have an all out pissing contest between the two over Ukraine. The debates will be epic, with each accusing the other of corruption.

Biden said his staff should have informed him of a conflict of interest. Really, that is his excuse. He has been in politics for 44 years and he didn't think it was inappropriate. So, Biden is admitting he is stupid and a moron. Not presidential material if you ask me. The Democrats better be looking for a different nominee.
more are starting to think the group is poor and the democrat nomination may be brokered and given to someone not even 'running' now.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #22
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

How can there be obstruction if there is no bribery, quid pro quo, or whatever is supposed to have happened?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #23
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
How can there be obstruction if there is no bribery, quid pro quo, or whatever is supposed to have happened?
because Trump was obstructing the democrat coup, making it harder for them to impeach him quickly.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #24
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Remains to be seen.

If Trump is ousted in the 2020 election, mission accomplished.

If Trump is reelected, massive failure.

Allan
Predictions are easy, getting them home is the hard part. IMO, Joe Biden has the best chance to beat Trump, and I also think he's a very weak candidate among the Dems. I just saw a NEW poll on CNBC this morning that has Hillary at 21% to 20% for Biden as the nominee. Bloomberg was already up to 7% and Mayor Pete was not in the top five or six. I have to believe it's tearing HRC apart making the decision to enter now. Don't know how much money she could raise now.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #25
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
because Trump was obstructing the democrat coup, making it harder for them to impeach him quickly.
And...he had the audacity to go through the courts, a clear cut obstruction charge.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #26
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
And...he had the audacity to go through the courts, a clear cut obstruction charge.
I’m a little confused by this statement. It’s my understanding Trump told people like Bolton, Mulvaney, Pompeo and Giuliani not to testify. Bolton I understand has asked the courts to decide whether he should testify or not. But that obviously takes time. Are you saying Trump also went thru the courts to prevent them from testifying? I hadn’t heard that but I’m sure you know more about this than me.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #27
Greyfox

There's no such crime as "Obstruction of Congress."
The Democrats are making up a non-extant crime.
Impeachment is supposed to be about High Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #28
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
I’m a little confused by this statement. It’s my understanding Trump told people like Bolton, Mulvaney, Pompeo and Giuliani not to testify. Bolton I understand has asked the courts to decide whether he should testify or not. But that obviously takes time. Are you saying Trump also went thru the courts to prevent them from testifying? I hadn’t heard that but I’m sure you know more about this than me.
You are correct with Bolton and they claimed going to the court was obstruction, which is ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #29
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
You are correct with Bolton and they claimed going to the court was obstruction, which is ridiculous.
You said above that Trump went through the courts for something(I’m not sure what). What did he go through the courts for?
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #30
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
There's no such crime as "Obstruction of Congress."
The Democrats are making up a non-extant crime.
Impeachment is supposed to be about High Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Really?

Obstruction of Congress: A Brief Overview of Federal Law Relating to Interference with Congressional Activities
https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL34304.html

Obstruction of justice is the impediment of governmental activities. There are a host of federal criminal laws that prohibit obstructions of justice. The six most general outlaw obstruction of judicial proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1503), witness tampering (18 U.S.C. 1512), witness retaliation (18 U.S.C. 1513), obstruction of congressional or administrative proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1505), conspiracy to defraud the United States (18 U.S.C. 371), and contempt (a creature of statute, rule and common law). All but Section 1503 cover congressional activities