Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-06-2024, 07:19 AM   #16
omar2

Creating a track profile is easy. You don’t need to go back two years or three years. All you need to do is get enough data for the last 20 races consisting of first call position-first call beaten lengths, second call position, second call beaten lengths. Either %E or %MED or both. That’s your starting point and you can build from there.
eg. GP 1 mile turf. You need late energy (49%) but should be within 2.5 lengths at both calls. Every once in a while you’ll get an outlier but aside from that it won’t change.
You can keep a profile for each track condition too. Sometimes it matters, sometimes not.
But more importantly KNOW THY TRACKS. Know how they play.
I can step into a meet when it opens because I know how the track plays. For example when OP opens , I don’t need to wait to see how the track plays- I know. OP is a sustained track period. Deep closers win there especially at 6f, whereas at KEE if you’re not within 4 lengths at any distance then you’re in trouble. And sometimes even less. Good jockeys know how to position their horses at each track if they ride on a regular basis.
And tracks don’t change unless they resurface the whole track. OP hasn’t changed for at least 40-45 years. Track runs the same every year even when it’s weather changes.
As far as the pace of the race sets up it’s like this. It has to be an extreme case and even then the track follows the profile. Yesterday at GP7 even though the 6 looked like the only speed, horses energy was too early for the way that distance -surface plays. (late energy).
Hope this helps.
omar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2024, 07:32 AM   #17
omar2

Don’t just take my word for it look at the charts at the beginning of the meet for Op (first couple of days) and calculate the energy for the races and see how the winners won. Gp also for the first few turf mile races.
Prove it for yourselves.
omar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2024, 01:05 PM   #18
headhawg
crusty old guy

If you actually read the posts you would understand that Saratoga isn't using the phrase "track profile" to mean what you think it does.