Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #5026
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
God would punish this murderer.

God would punish this murderer's children.

Even unto the 10th generation.

Your "holy God" has already "lowered the bar".
Again, you are misapplying Old Covenant scriptures to this New Covenant age.
In other words, you're interpreting out of context. And any interpretation out of context is a pretext for truth.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #5027
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I already explained the anthropormophic use of the term "jealousy and provided a link to a very good sermon on the subject. You don't want to get it -- then so be it.
Did you watch the video?
Old 01-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #5028
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Again, you are misapplying Old Covenant scriptures to this New Covenant age.
In other words, you're interpreting out of context. And any interpretation out of context is a pretext for truth.
So you accept my thesis that the God of the OT (Old Covenant) was not good?

I have about 10 posts remaining about the God of the OT. I'll get to the God of the NT after that.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #5029
boxcar

Quote:
So you accept my thesis that the God of the OT (Old Covenant) was not good?

I have about 10 posts remaining about the God of the OT. I'll get to the God of the NT after that.
No, my thesis is that you are willfully ignorant of the scriptures because you don't want to understand the context of passages.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #5030
Light
Veteran

Quote:

And the human heart is not inherently "God within". The human heart is inherently wicked and deceitful above all things.
This is where you are confused. It is not the heart that associates with the negative energies you describe. It is the human mind. The Heart operates on another plane that is pure and connected to God where there is no separation between God and the Heart.

You are misidentifying negative thoughts as emanating from the Heart which is incorrect because the Heart does not "think" in those terms.

To enter that realm of the heart, you leave your mind out the door. This is where spiritual practice comes in. Your heart will teach you all there is to know about this life and the next in a non verbal way. This is true knowledge. It cannot be taught to you from books or others. The Heart knows things the mind cannot imagine.

And as you know from the Bible, God is love. And that love is Divine and resides in the Heart. That's why the energy of the true Heart is always love.

As I was told when I was 6 years old, the first door to your Heart is where it cannot be seen. I found out what that means 50 years later. And that is just the beginning of an awakening. This is the school of life.

Last edited by Light; 01-19-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #5031
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
This is where you are confused. It is not the heart that associates with the negative energies you describe. It is the human mind. The Heart operates on another plane that is pure and connected to God where there is no separation between God and the Heart.

You are misidentifying negative thoughts as emanating from the Heart which is incorrect because the Heart does not "think" in those terms.

To enter that realm of the heart, you leave your mind out the door. This is where spiritual practice comes in. Your heart will teach you all there is to know about this life and the next in a non verbal way. This is true knowledge. It cannot be taught to you from books or others. The Heart knows things the mind cannot imagine.

And as you know from the Bible, God is love. And that love is Divine and resides in the Heart. That's why the energy of the true Heart is always love.

As I was told when I was 6 years old, the first door to your Heart is where it cannot be seen. I found out what that means 50 years later. And that is just the beginning of an awakening. This is the school of life.
As demonstrated by scripture a few years ago, the heart is the seat of all our faculties -- mind, affections, conscience, will. See my 5456 in the Religious thread.

God's love cannot reside in evil hearts. God's love is effectual and will move God's people to walk in obedience to him.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #5032
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
No, my thesis is that you are willfully ignorant of the scriptures because you don't want to understand the context of passages.
What I do understand quite well is that they are not "the" scriptures, i.e., they are not unique. Since the invention of writing there have been many "holy books" and before that many oral traditions. There is no evidence to indicate that the Judaeo/Christian/Muslim/Mormon holy texts are more believable than the Buddist/Hindu/Zoroastrian/Scientologist/Etc holy texts. There is no evidence that any deity exists. Or if any does exist that he/she/it takes any interest in the human race.

Answer two questions.
  • What evidence can you provide that the Christian holy book is true?
  • Did you watch the video?
Old 01-19-2018, 05:50 PM   #5033
boxcar

Quote:
What I do understand quite well is that they are not "the" scriptures, i.e., they are not unique. Since the invention of writing there have been many "holy books" and before that many oral traditions. There is no evidence to indicate that the Judaeo/Christian/Muslim/Mormon holy texts are more believable than the Buddist/Hindu/Zoroastrian/Scientologist/Etc holy texts. There is no evidence that any deity exists. Or if any does exist that he/she/it takes any interest in the human race.

Answer two questions.
  • What evidence can you provide that the Christian holy book is true?
  • Did you watch the video?
You're moving the goal posts again. Even if I, again, provided such evidence that would not dissuade you to quit your dishonest habit of quoting any religious book out of context.

And, no, I don't bother myself with your vids. If you distill the vid's contents down to a few paragraphs, I'll read what you have to say.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #5034
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
As demonstrated by scripture a few years ago, the heart is the seat of all our faculties -- mind, affections, conscience, will.
The heart is a pump, period! It is not the seat of anything. Surgeons can remove a person's heard and replace it with a mechanical pump. They can transplant a heart from one person to another. The recipient's faculties remain his/her own, they do not become the faculties of the donor. I.e., if scripture says the heart is the seat of all our faculties then scripture is demonstrably wrong. All our faculties reside in the brain.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:59 PM   #5035
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Even if I, again, provided such evidence ...
I don't recall such a world shaking, history making event.
Quote:
And, no, I don't bother myself with your vids. If you distill the vid's contents down to a few paragraphs, I'll read what you have to say.
Are you afraid to actually watch it? Do you think watching it, the whole thing, would somehow harm you?

Last edited by Actor; 01-19-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #5036
boxcar

Quote:
The heart is a pump, period! It is not the seat of anything. Surgeons can remove a person's [sic]heard and replace it with a mechanical pump. They can transplant a heart from one person to another. The recipient's faculties remain his/her own, they do not become the faculties of the donor. I.e., if scripture says the heart is the seat of all our faculties then scripture is demonstrably wrong. All our faculties reside in the brain.
Is that what happened to you? Surgeons removed your "heard" and replaced it with something mechanical? That was truly heartless of them.

The term "heart", for your info, has many definitions. Here are four of them:

3 a : PERSONALITY, DISPOSITION *a cold heart* b obsolete : INTELLECT
4 : the emotional or moral as distinguished from the intellectual nature: as a : generous disposition : COMPASSION *a leader with heart* b : LOVE, AFFECTIONS *won her heart* c : COURAGE, ARDOR *never lost heart*
5 : one's innermost character, feelings, or inclinations *knew it in his heart* *a man after my own heart*
6 a : the central or innermost part : CENTER b : the essential or most vital part of something c : the younger central compact part of a leafy rosette (as a head of lettuce)
–at heart : in essence : BASICALLY, ESSENTIALLY
–by heart : by rote or from memory
–to heart : with deep concern
Old 01-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #5037
boxcar

Quote:
I don't recall such a world shaking, history making event.
Are you afraid to actually watch it? Do you think watching it, the whole thing, would somehow harm you?
I'm scared to death. Don't want to catch any mind-control diseases. And I try to spend my time more constructively.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:21 PM   #5038
dnlgfnk

Quote:
The heart is a pump, period! It is not the seat of anything. Surgeons can remove a person's heard and replace it with a mechanical pump. They can transplant a heart from one person to another. The recipient's faculties remain his/her own, they do not become the faculties of the donor. I.e., if scripture says the heart is the seat of all our faculties then scripture is demonstrably wrong. All our faculties reside in the brain.
Better tell Rich..."You can legally lie about the real world to your heart's content, but until some human being is materially damaged, nobody will complain"...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ichard-dawkins

Why is Dawkin's referring to "the heart"--a pump-- as in the sense of desire or contentedness? That is, like any Semitic referring to the interior life of man? Because when all these folks let their guard down for a moment, such as Coyne attempting to persuade seminar attendees that there is no free will, they return to the common experience of the world, however briefly, before remembering again where and for what they have planted their flag.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #5039
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Is that what happened to you? Surgeons removed your "heard" and replaced it with something mechanical?
The current state of the art is that mechanical hearts are only used to sustain life until a transplant donor is available. Would you care to donate?
Quote:
That was truly heartless of them.
Keeping me alive?
Quote:
The term "heart", for your info, has many definitions. Here are four of them:
Each dating from a time before people knew that the heart is a pump.

What is the function of the brain? Why is it that when certain parts of the brain are injured or destroyed the patient loses his/her religion (assuming they had religion before)?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #5040
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I'm scared to death. Don't want to catch any mind-control diseases.
Too late. You've already caught one, namely Christianity.

Statistically it's likely you caught it from your parents. It tends to be inherited.
Quote:
And I try to spend my time more constructively.
Then why do you post here?

Last edited by Actor; 01-19-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Closed Thread