Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #1096
UnifiedTheory

Thumbs up Generous Offer - Teamviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Moved on?...Wow ...that was fast

I would offer to fix it via TeamViewer...

if you still want to..

I graciously accept your generous offer to help me using Team Viewer.

Lately, on the analyst building screen the two ranking methods are listed on the same line even though it doesn't show up that way when the scales file is opened. Previously, on the analyst building screen the two ranking methods were listed properly just as the scales file listed the ranking methods properly but either way I only get Woods rankings. Also the analyst file has been repeatedly changed from F to a T but no difference in rankings results.

I've naturally tried deleting all HF stuff and then after rebooting did a fresh download and install but the same problem persists.

I've reread the HF forum for other possible solutions but no dice.

These days my main emphasis is centered on a new venture which takes up most of my time, but I still would like to use HF for recreational gambling when I have the time.

*Mike, If you can spare some time today to fix my Fib ranking issue with Team Viewer it would be greatly appreciated.
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #1097
UnifiedTheory

Thumbs up Woods Rankings Rock

I was too hasty in reaching a negative appraisal of the HF Woods rankings in a previous post. It seems counter intuitive to me but weighting in such an unusual manner has advantages I failed to realize initially.

I've been using Handifast with five factors and Woods rankings all week and doing very well.

It's funny though how I can't stop playing with the weights and the number of factors. The ability to set every weight in the method is fascinating to me.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #1098
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified_Theory View Post
I was too hasty in reaching a negative appraisal of the HF Woods rankings in a previous post. It seems counter intuitive to me but weighting in such an unusual manner has advantages I failed to realize initially.

I've been using Handifast with five factors and Woods rankings all week and doing very well.

It's funny though how I can't stop playing with the weights and the number of factors. The ability to set every weight in the method is fascinating to me.
UT...glad it worked out for you...
I still feel bad not getting it to work correctly on the strange issue you had...
I guess its another Windows unexplained mystery....

Keep up with the updates
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2019, 08:15 PM   #1099
UnifiedTheory

Question Data Analysis - HandiSearch

I've just installed HandiSearch and made a CSV file for analysis in Excel using Bris single data files and exotic results files for the past 12 months of Woodbine.

I've got a full plate of data analysis to enjoy and I'm looking forward to it. But this will require a lot of patience since I'm new to Excel.

One thing that puzzles me right off the start though. Why does the CSV file only list two to five horses per race?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: png HandiSearch--1YearWoodbine--CSV.png (160.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 07-13-2019, 09:03 PM   #1100
douglasw32
douglasw32

Try this

Hi- I'm so amazed that this still keeps growing!

I have not used it for some time but my 2 cents dealing with Windows 10
Right click the icon your using to launch the program and choose "run as administrator" instead of just double clicking it.

That may (or may not) solve any problems.

Worth a go...
Old 07-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #1101
UnifiedTheory

Thumbs up Thanks for Trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32 View Post
Hi- I'm so amazed that this still keeps growing!

I have not used it for some time but my 2 cents dealing with Windows 10
Right click the icon your using to launch the program and choose "run as administrator" instead of just double clicking it.

That may (or may not) solve any problems.
Worth a go...

I've actually in the habit of running all software "as administrator" by clicking on properties, compatibility, and checking the box to always run as administrator.

But I definitely appreciate the attempt to help. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #1102
douglasw32
douglasw32

Was worth mentioning

Was the Install done that way? “As Administrator “
Old 07-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #1103
douglasw32
douglasw32

oh nope no installer - I will take a crack at creating one
Old 07-14-2019, 03:22 PM   #1104
douglasw32
douglasw32

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imzf5kcuur...aller.zip?dl=0

Made an installer ... unzip and run it.

Included latest user manual (right click desktop icon created choose ‘open file location ‘) handifast ver 10 user guide pdf is in that folder.

Test it out let me know if anything needs to change.

I think 🤔 I have it correct read through the entire post
And it worked on my win10x64
Old 07-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #1105
UnifiedTheory

Thumbs up Thanks Doug!

Sorry I'm late in responding. I had my phone turned down by mistake and time has been really flying by today since I'm so immersed in database research.

Yesterday after I downloaded HandiSearch, I created the four folders it requires and put the HandiSearch zip file in the new HandiSearch folder then extracted to the same folder. Then I right clicked on the HandiSearch exe and clicked properties/compatibilty/always run as admin.

But an installer is a nice bonus to an already very nice program. Your generosity is appreciated by many!

Thanks again!
Old 07-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #1106
douglasw32
douglasw32

I did not include handi search in the install just the latest (I think) program and instructions.

Mainly because I do not have results files to test it and didn't try wrapping my head around it lol

Also it is worth noting when done with the program I have found it stays running in the back ground and needs to be closed with task manager unless you properly exit by selecting file and exit from the gui and not just closing it with the "X" in the windows bar.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #1107
UnifiedTheory

Talking The long and winding road.

Good to be reminded of the proper way to close the program. Previously I had been just hitting CT to close the card and then X to close Handifast but from now on I'll use the exit button under the file menu.

The Handifast Installer you created works great on my computer. (Win10 64bit) Kudos!

Funny how on my computer the scales file must have one scaling method deleted or both scales often display on the same line in the analyst builder preventing a choice. I only use fibonacci so I remove woods leaving the first line blank and fibonacci on the second line.

Early this week I finally fixed the lack of fibonacci rankings I was having for a while. That definitely makes an enjoyable difference. I would describe what I did wrong to cause the issue and how I fixed it but I'm concerned that would be too humbling.

By the way, I'm curious about why the analyst.flg file sometimes goes from a T to an F? And when it's an F how does that affect the operation of the program?

I can understand why you haven't used HandiSearch as the analysis is a head scratcher. Great tool though and when I can figure out how to speed up the analysis then it should be much more fun.

Here's a screenshot of my Handisearch examination in Excel with all the raw numbers and certain columns removed and many columns narrowed.

So my question remains. Why does HandiSearch data only give two to five horses per race? Hmmmm.

Attached Images
File Type: png HandiSearch--WO-12 Months.png (186.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #1108
douglasw32
douglasw32

Most of that post is beyond me to answer at this time lol maybe I’ll give the search a crack - and as for fibonacci I can’t get it to work either so pretty please 🙏 give us all The humbling solution.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #1109
UnifiedTheory

Lightbulb Humbling Solution - Fib Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32 View Post
Most of that post is beyond me to answer at this time lol maybe I’ll give the search a crack - and as for fibonacci I can’t get it to work either so pretty please �� give us all The humbling solution.

Believe it or not, my issue with a lack of Fibonacci rankings in Handifast was simply because I had been selecting Fibonacci with a single mouse click rather than the double mouse click that is required.

The newer versions of the Handifast instructions clearly state a double mouse click is required for scaling selection. Until recently I had unfortunately been consulting a slightly older set of instructions that merely state "select" the scaling method.

But of course, if I was intelligent I would have figured this out far sooner. I imagined that the solution would be complicated.

Sometimes I wonder how I remember to breathe.

Last edited by UnifiedTheory; 07-14-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #1110
douglasw32
douglasw32

Holy crap 💩 genius actually! Thank you 😊