Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #466
highnote

I am putting together a short summary of how a Minimally Viable Handicap Racing Product would work. I will post it this evening.

Minimally Viable Product (MVP) is the model a lot of internet startups use to build their businesses.

You start small and then add bells and whistles as the business grows because it doesn't make sense to add every feature to your product if no one wants it in the first place.

So it doesn't make sense to put together a stable of 2,000 horses for a handicap division if the product isn't accepted by the betting public. So start small with the minimally viable product -- say, 150 horses, and see if that will work.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #467
AskinHaskin

LOL at "Integrity" associated with a place where drug-filled darts are found beneath the racing surface in a device capable of firing those darts upward and into contestants in ongoing horse races.

Sure! Lets bring the Hong Kong model here !

(did anyone get the model number of that machine??)

In case anybody didn't figure it out - that doesn't constitute "drug-free racing"
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #468
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
LOL at "Integrity" associated with a place where drug-filled darts are found beneath the racing surface in a device capable of firing those darts upward and into contestants in ongoing horse races.

In case anybody didn't figure it out - that doesn't constitute "drug-free racing"
That was a fairly long time ago. Andy Beyer wrote about larceny at the racetrack in the U.S. 40 years ago. Does that mean there are still people who try to commit larceny at U.S. racetracks. Of course not.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #469
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Track executives run racetracks like they still have a monopoly.

They should follow Stew Leonard's two rules of business literally etched in stone as you enter his stores:

1. The Customer is ALWAYS right.
2. If the Customer is wrong, see Rule Number 1.

Stew Leonard's competes in one of the most competitive grocery markets in the country and thrives. Why? See Rule Number 1 above. If you don't understand that then see his Rule Number 2.

People want to make it seem complicated. It is not complicated.
I've been a salesman for 40 years.

The more correct rule for business is "The customer isn't always right, but the customer is always the customer."
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #470
Nitro

Quote:

Yes, that’s correct! A link from 2007. (In case you can’t count – that’s 12 years ago!)
Its about an episode at HK Happy Valley race course that involved an ATTEMPT to interfere with a horse race. In case you have trouble comprehending this editorial, the bottom line is nothing ever happened because it was discovered before any races took place.
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/s.../27horses.html

Do you have any other timely or credible information that you would like to share AskinHaskin ???
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #471
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Yes, that’s correct! A link from 2007. (In case you can’t count – that’s 12 years ago!)
Its about an episode at HK Happy Valley race course that involved an ATTEMPT to interfere with a horse race. In case you have trouble comprehending this editorial, the bottom line is nothing ever happened because it was discovered before any races took place.
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/s.../27horses.html

Do you have any other timely or credible information that you would like to share AskinHaskin ???
Are you still picking 8 horses a race and claiming you’re a big winner?
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #472
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahossdaboss View Post
Are you still picking 8 horses a race and claiming you’re a big winner?
No actually I bet the entire field. This way I'm covered no matter happens.
But I'm certainly grateful that you're so concerned about my well-being when it comes profiting from this game.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #473
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Intresting tweet couple minutes ago

So I asked the CHRB why the meeting was canceled. Here is the response.

"Due to the fact that the weekend of racing (at Santa Anita) was safe and successful, the original reason for the meeting no longer exists."

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...race_dates_123

Ouch

Last edited by bob60566; 04-08-2019 at 05:46 PM.
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #474
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

OMG!
Is there really person out that as stupid as that guy???
He should be fired immediately, no questions asked.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #475
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Peter Miller moving more to the East

I hope this is not the beginning.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...n_Kentucky_123
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #476
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 View Post
I've been a salesman for 40 years.

The more correct rule for business is "The customer isn't always right, but the customer is always the customer."
That is a true statement. However, not every business holds the customer in high regard.

Successful businesses take care of their customers. Monopolies do not need to worry about taking care of their customers. U.S. racetrack executives too often run their tracks like they still have a monopoly.

U.S. racetrack executives too often see their customers as degenerate gambling cash cows to be milked for every penny they can get out of them. Hell, they still charge breakage on internet wagers when they could pay to the nearest penny.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #477
AlsoEligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60566 View Post
Intresting tweet couple minutes ago

So I asked the CHRB why the meeting was canceled. Here is the response.

"Due to the fact that the weekend of racing (at Santa Anita) was safe and successful, the original reason for the meeting no longer exists."

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...race_dates_123

Ouch
Jesus. I expected the meeting to be canceled (if TSG doesn’t want to give up the dates, there’s not much to discuss), but at least give some other pretext.

Saying “well we’re accident free for four days, everything’s good now” is insane. Every time I think California can’t possibly step in it any more, they go and one-up themselves.
AlsoEligible is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #478
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Peter Miller is 0 for 10, with four strong favorites included in the mix since the new rules came in.

I hope this is the beginning Bye bye Peter
Old 04-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #479
highnote

Quote:

Sure! Lets bring the Hong Kong model here ![/i]
Let me see if I understand you correctly...

If a hybrid of the HK model (which is a hybrid of the British model) was brought to the U.S. and a system of handicap classes where created, you are saying that drug-filled darts would soon be placed in the ground at U.S. tracks simply because those tracks use the HK model?
Old 04-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #480
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Highnote

Would North American horses be trained the same way as they are today under the Hong Kong Model Track.?