Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #1081
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Handifast has to have specific folders set up to work properly. Do you have the temphandi folder on your C: drive? Somewhere in this thread are instructions on how to create the proper folders needed.
yes...instructions posted MANY times!!!

Also make a folder c:handifiles
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #1082
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgotch View Post
Anyone know if this works on Windows 10?

I keep getting error:
Go look at instructions...create folders and insert the 2 files...
Old 05-25-2019, 11:54 PM   #1083
UnifiedTheory

Question Fibonacci Ranking - Fixes Failed

I have an issue with the Fibonacci rankings and both fixes I've found in earlier posts have repeatedly failed.

Attached is a screenshot of the supposed Fib rankings. I checked the analyst file and made sure it was a T rather than an F and/or changed it to a T. I also checked the scales file that Woods was on top line and Fibonacci on line two.

In my many attempts to fix it, in the analyst file the F needed to be changed to a T at times, but no change in rankings. And every time I checked the scales file it said Woods on first line and Fibonacci on line 2.

Naturally I also rebooted the computer and checked it for registry issues but still no dice.

Finally I also uninstalled Handifast completely and reinstalled a fresh copy but still can't get proper rankings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: png Fib Rankings.png (93.8 KB, 79 views)
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2019, 12:43 AM   #1084
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified_Theory View Post
I have an issue with the Fibonacci rankings and both fixes I've found in earlier posts have repeatedly failed.

Attached is a screenshot of the supposed Fib rankings. I checked the analyst file and made sure it was a T rather than an F and/or changed it to a T. I also checked the scales file that Woods was on top line and Fibonacci on line two.

In my many attempts to fix it, in the analyst file the F needed to be changed to a T at times, but no change in rankings. And every time I checked the scales file it said Woods on first line and Fibonacci on line 2.

Naturally I also rebooted the computer and checked it for registry issues but still no dice.

Finally I also uninstalled Handifast completely and reinstalled a fresh copy but still can't get proper rankings.

UT

Your showing a WOODS Settings...

To change to FIB...

Go INto View/Change

Click your Analysts

Click Fibonacci

Then Click Save Object Setup

IMO....I would close program each time you create a object or change one
Old 05-26-2019, 09:22 AM   #1085
UnifiedTheory

Question Fib Rankings - Still a Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
UT

Your showing a WOODS Settings...

To change to FIB...

Go INto View/Change

Click your Analysts

Click Fibonacci

Then Click Save Object Setup

IMO....I would close program each time you create a object or change one

Thank for your reply Mike.

I've already tried doing what you suggested last night and several more times this morning after receiving your message. No dice.

And I always close and reopen the program every time I change or create an analyst.

And when I create a new analyst, I close and then reopen the program, initiate folder, create folder, give created folder a name, save analyst with fib rankings, close program, reopen program, click view/change analysts, select the analyst I just created, select fib rankings (again) for that analyst, save into it's folder. Close and reopen the program.

I still get nothing but those ridiculous Woods rankings. I don't even understand why Woods is part of the program since it's rankings are so bizarre.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #1086
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Thank for your reply Mike.

I've already tried doing what you suggested last night and several more times this morning after receiving your message. No dice.

And I always close and reopen the program every time I change or create an analyst.

And when I create a new analyst, I close and then reopen the program, initiate folder, create folder, give created folder a name, save analyst with fib rankings, close program, reopen program, click view/change analysts, select the analyst I just created, select fib rankings (again) for that analyst, save into it's folder. Close and reopen the program.

I still get nothing but those ridiculous Woods rankings. I don't even understand why Woods is part of the program since it's rankings are so bizarre.

UT

Delete the handifiles and temphandi folders....reboot PC

create both again with the 2 files in each....

re-do analysts..one at a time and close whole HF after each
Old 05-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #1087
UnifiedTheory

Lightbulb Learn Coding - Fix Fib Permanently

I'm starting to feel that my best chance of being happy with handicapping software is to learn enough about coding in Liberty Basic to change Handifast.

I realize that learning a programming language is difficult, tedious and time consuming. But I know I have the appropriate mentality for programming from a prior experience.

A few years ago I learned a programming language called PPL in order to create a Pokerbot program. I had no illusions of making serious money with it as I knew the vast majority of Pokerbots can only grind a small profit at the lowest stakes levels at best. I simply created a Pokerbot to see if I could do it and as it turns out it was a ton of fun! I created a bot that played in 6 player sitngos and approx. 2000 lines of code writing resulted in it working fairly well. (I only wrote the poker playing part of the program, the tech part of the shell of the Pokerbot was created and maintained by Egor at bonusbots.com)

So I'm thinking I can eventually learn enough about Liberty Basic to change the code in Handifast so that Woods rankings no longer exist in the program at all. And maybe I can eventually learn to code in a higher language like Python so I can rewrite HF in Python to improve it in a few other ways. But I might be getting carried away.

My favourite thing about Handifast is that it has no default handicapping settings so it's up to the user to create their own unique settings across a good number of categories. If their was commercial software that offered the same capabilities as HF I would probably just buy that software, but if that exists I've yet to find it.

So perhaps the problems I'm having with Handifast Fib rankings are meant to be. Maybe this is the motivation I need to learn another coding language.

Onward and upward.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #1088
headhawg
crusty old guy

Go for it UT! There were a few of us who got involved in the Handifast project many moons ago. It would be cool to add another name to that list. The bulk of the HF code, of course, is Handiman's. The original version was Doug Woods' FAST program which he coded in VB. There was something that Doug couldn't do and Handi offered to rewrite FAST using Liberty Basic. Long story short -- I came in to fix some issues and and add some features. After that came mmdorn to continue working on the project. You're next, UT.

With Handi recovering from his health issues a couple of members have hinted that I should get back involved with HF but that is not going to happen. I am flattered, but I am working on my own stuff now. Good luck with coding, UT. It will be challenging but it seems like you're a person that doesn't shy away from challenges.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #1089
UnifiedTheory

Question Stubborn Issue - Fib Ranking

Quote:
UT

Delete the handifiles and temphandi folders....reboot PC

create both again with the 2 files in each....

re-do analysts..one at a time and close whole HF after each
Thanks for your reply Mike.

However I did exactly as you advised with great care but I still only get Woods rankings.

By the way...both the analyst flg file and the scales txt file are still set properly. Rebooted computer enough times, ran Ccleaner utilities program to fix any registry issues etc, checked for windows updates, always initiated folders & created folders before building analysts, closed out HF after each analysts is built, checked analysts after created and saved again with Fib rankings again and closed reopened HF again, etc. I still get nothing but Woods rankings.

I'm figuring on spending most of my free time learning Liberty Basic or Python from now on, but...if possible... I would really like to use Handifast for a little recreational gambling during the slow process of learning a new type of coding.

Any additional help is truly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:19 AM   #1090
mikesal57
Veteran

Guys...

When you look at "View/Change" under analyst

MUD is really AvSpeed.....is is just a error and wasnt fixed

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (52.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (52.9 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 05-28-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:22 AM   #1091
mikesal57
Veteran

Instructions for Ver 10
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Handifast Ver 10 User Guide.pdf (208.6 KB, 64 views)
Old 05-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #1092
mmdorn

Quote:
Guys...

Mike

In Version 10 my "View/Change" does say MUD, not AvSpeed

Mike D
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #1093
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdorn View Post
Mike

In Version 10 my "View/Change" does say MUD, not AvSpeed

Mike D
Its a "LABEL" error that Handi forgot to fix after he made the change
He took out MUD & TURF category and added Prime & AvgSpeed in its place...

thxs for chiming in Mike
Old 05-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #1094
UnifiedTheory

Talking Onward and Upward

Quote:
Guys...

Alright. I was already aware of this situation but thanks anyway.

I don't see how this obvious fact addresses my problem with the Fibonacci rankings that I detailed very clearly in several posts.

However I've since moved on from Handifast.

Everything happens for a reason.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #1095
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Alright. I was already aware of this situation but thanks anyway.

I don't see how this obvious fact addresses my problem with the Fibonacci rankings that I detailed very clearly in several posts.

However I've since moved on from Handifast.

Everything happens for a reason.
Moved on?...Wow ...that was fast

I would offer to fix it via TeamViewer...

if you still want to..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: