Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 05-24-2019, 06:00 AM   #1
Teach

Belmont: Friday, May 24

Race One:

CLYDE’s RUNNER gets my tepid, lukewarm nod in this hard-to-handicap 6-panels MC 40k sprint on Belmont's Inner. This Get Stormy-bred has been away from the races for, as Billy Joel might croon: “…the longest time.” Yet, I hark back, almost one year ago, to a similar turf sprint at Belmont. If this Stormy Atlantic-bred reprises that effort, it will likely mean for the rest of this field: “Katy Bar the Door!” This 4-year old’s trainer, Tom Bush, is taking the blinkers off. This gelding’s recent morning work-tab has been decent. His broodmare, Run Rosie, did produce one turf winner. In this nondescript field… The Panamanian-born jinete, Jose Lezcano, is in the irons. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

If the aptly-named CANDY PROMISES runs back to his last race, there’s no one in this field who will catch this Twirling Candy (Candy Ride)-bred gelding. This 6-year demolished a slightly weaker field in his last. This gelding was claimed out of that one by Gary Gullo for Prestine Racing. Gullo does exceptionally well with horses: first after a claim. The “Louisiana Kid,” from Lake Charles who got his start as a teenager at Delta Downs, Kendrick Carmouche, has his feet in the stirrups. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 06:48 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three:

INCLUNATION is my choice in this 30k MC route on the main. I love the turf-to-dirt angle; a category that this chestnut colt’s trainer, Rudy Rodriguez, does very well with. This Broad Brush-bred 3-year old has faced better in the past. This colt does very well on the main; yet he has yet to “take his vows” (as is true of all the others). Is today the day? Der Tag. This colt’s pilot is one of “NYRA’s Finest,” Manny Franco. Franco’s a “race-rider”. This Carolina (the home of the first Latin American beisbol player to be voted into the Hall of Fame, Roberto Clemente), Puerto Rico native adds something to a horse’s chances of gracing the winner’s circle. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four:

TEN EYCK gets my tepid nod as I freely admit that I’m seeking value by trying to spring the upset. This Tom Morley-trainee hasn’t competed on the racetrack in over 7 months, yet this Freud-bred is certainly capable of “getting the distance”. This 4-year old chestnut gelding’s only win came at Belmont in this company at the one mile and a “teenth” distance on a yielding surface. Junior Alvarado is in the irons. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five:

MISTER MUY BIEN is my choice in this home-bred MC 25k route. Again, I like the turf-to-dirt angle. I believe this Central Banker-bred colt is better suited for the main (he has two 3rd place finishes). He also has the support of the “dynamic duo” of trainer Rudy Rodriguez and jockey Manny Franco. This Speightstown-bred is dropping; he should benefit from a “softer” field. This colt’s broodmare, Mango Margarita, had 4 winners and one stakes winner from 5 starters. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 08:37 AM   #6
Teach

Race Six:

GLOSSY is my selection in this turf sprint. They say: “Position is everything in life.” If what “they” say is true, then this Broken Vow-bred chestnut filly should benefit. She’ll be leaving the gate from an outside post; that should aid and abet her cause. So too should the chauffeuring services of the hot as a petardo jockey, Junior Alvarado. This Unbridled-bred filly is trained by the Hall-of-Famer, Bill Mott. He does well with horses that have been on the shelf. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 08:51 AM   #7
Teach

Race Seven:

CHICLET’S DREAM is my choice in this 7-furlongs turf sprint-route. This City Zip-bred filly has hit the board in every one of her turf races. Yes, she’s been on the shelf for a long time, but her trainer, “Mechanicsville Chad” Brown does well with horses that have been “on vacation”. This bay filly’s morning work-tab has been “good and plenty,” and also consistent. If this 4-year old is ready, she should be there. The veteran reinsman, Javier Castellano, is in the irons. Others: , AE,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
Teach

Race Eight:

ON THE TOWN “New York, New York, it’s a wonderful town…" (Leonard Bernstein wanted to say “helluva,” but the censors would let him) is my choice in this turf route. My thinking: that Jose Lezcano can ride: “Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetops…” and put this field to sleep on the front end. There isn’t much early speed. If Lezcano can urge this filly out to an early lead… “When the wind blows, the cradle will rock..” Yes, a lot depends on the start of the race and the kind of pedestrian-like fractions Senor Lezcano can put up. If all goes well… Mark Hennig trains this daughter of More Than Ready. Yes, this filly is moving up off that most recent maiden-breaking win, but if all goes “According to Hoyle,” it’ll be: “Stille nacht, heilige nacht". Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 05-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #9
Teach

Race Nine:

ALVERNIA gets my tepid nod in this difficult to handicap 7-panels finale. This Violence-bred bay filly finished up the track in her last against somewhat weaker. Yet hark, a rider switch. The most capable Dylan Davis is in the irons. That could make a big difference in enhancing this filly’s chances of getting her picture taken in this 40k MC state-bred race. This Medaglia d’Oro-bred 3-year old had been running in MSWs prior to her most recent outing. Gary Sciacca trains this Pulpit-bred. A recent, sharp 3-panels work bolsters confidence. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: