Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 06-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #1
Teach

Belmont: Saturday, June 15

Race One:

DIGITAL FOOTPRINT has the class and the breeding; yet this Giant’s Causeway-bred hasn’t raced “in a month of Sundays”. Is that latter comment a cause for concern? I don’t think so. This 3-year old’s morning works have been good and steady. This gelding has the services of “The Man from Mechanicsville” (He’s put that tiny Capital District municipality on the map), trainer Chad Brown. This Lemon Drop Kid-bred is adding blinkers (that should help keep him focused). This gelding should once again go “chalk”. The gelding’s jockey is one of NYRA’s finest, Irad Ortiz, Jr. The Trujillo Alto (“Ciudad de Ocho Calles”), Puerto Rico native is among the leaders in jockey statistics in Belmont’s Spring-Summer meet. Others: , ,

I'll be back later with others.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

FOREVER CHANGED is my medium longshot, value-play, in my try to upset the presumed favorite in this state-bred OC sprint. This Tapit-bred filly hasn’t been seen on the racetrack since she finished 4th on a muddy track in a non-graded stakes at Aqueduct in late December. I believe this Eltish-bred has the class-edge on this field. This grey filly’s trainer, the Jamaican-born, Charley Baker, does very well in most racing categories. The “caliente como un petardo,” Jose Lezcano, is in the irons. I believe that if this filly is reasonably ready, she can prevail. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three:

ARDARA BELLE. Now take a deep breathe. Inhale…exhale. Yes, I’ve landed on the French-bred filly with an Irish pedigree. Before you say, “Abuelo loco,” this filly, despite her penchant for finishing up the track, does, in my opinion, have a chance here. I fully realize that this “import” hasn’t won since her maiden-breaking effort “Across the Pond” at Fontainebleau. Since her arrival in Les Etats-Unis earlier this year, she has done little. Yet, she’s faced so much better. If trainer Jorge Abreu has gotten this filly straightened out, she becomes “a player”. She’s certainly in with the kind that she should be able to compete. Manny Franco, the pride of Carolina, Puerto Rico, is in the irons. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 06-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four:

FOX RED gets my nod in this allowance sprint. This Mineshaft-bred gelding’s jockey, Junior Alvarado, is good at getting horses out of the gate. This A.P. Indy-bred should be on or near the lead. He does have the kind of speed to go gate-to-wire. Chris Englehart – he does well with dirt and sprint starts – is this Dehere-bred’s conditioner. A recent sharp morning work bolsters confidence. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 06-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five: , , ,

Race Six:
, , ,

Race Seven: , , ,

Race Eight:
, , ,

Race Nine:
, , ,

Race Ten: , , , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: