Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-20-2023, 06:57 PM   #1
ElKabong

30 for 30. Bill Walton

The 4th and final episode was probably the best 30 for 30 I've seen. I knew of his foot problems, common among basketball players that played at the college level and above, but didn't know of his spine issues. Thoughts of committing suicide were strong with him

That shocked me at first. But his personality is off center, hardly normal. I kind of liked the guy as a player but he was "not normal "

People like him present a problem oftentimes. Their personalities lead to depression moreso than the normal man. I've known guys that have terminal back pain. Even keeled types just seem to handle it better than the so called free spirits. It's a struggle for all of them I just thought it interesting Walton considered eating a bullet
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2023, 06:58 PM   #2
ElKabong

Just to add, it was an enjoyable 4 part series. Highly recommend watching if possible
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 06-20-2023, 07:04 PM   #3
thaskalos

What were the prior three episodes about?
Old 06-20-2023, 07:29 PM   #4
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What were the prior three episodes about?
His entire life, really. Very interesting and entertaining.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:23 PM   #5
jimmyb

Lucky to have seen him play here in Boston. 1985 -1886 Celtics arguably the best NBA team ever. Grateful Dead came to town and Walton took some of the team. Got in backstage, knew the band members.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2023, 12:05 AM   #6
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Lucky to have seen him play here in Boston. 1985 -1886 Celtics arguably the best NBA team ever. Grateful Dead came to town and Walton took some of the team. Got in backstage, knew the band members.
Walton's affinity with the Grateful Dead was a big player in the documentary
Old 06-21-2023, 03:41 AM   #7
oughtoh

Got to see him play in HS. Our HS played theirs twice a year. No telling how good he could have been.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

I had no idea Walton was a fellow terminal back pain sufferer, I always thought it was his foot problems keeping him on the DL. I was a big UCLA fan as a kid, I remember him most for being on those Wooden coached teams that rarely lost. Isn't Walton a vegetarian? I always felt people who play physically taxing sports need meat protein to maintain muscle mass and strength.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #9
ElKabong

Walton's back issues worsened greatly after retirement. While in broadcasting the smallish furniture he used in meetings and such created issues. Major surgery followed. The documentary is worth watching
Old 06-21-2023, 01:16 PM   #10
1st time lasix

Walton was a truly sensational college player ……one of the very best all time!
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply