Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 11-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, November 18

Race One:

TISBURY was narily second in this company about six weeks ago at Belmont. Linda Rice owns and trains this Tiznow-bred bay filly. Rice does exceptionally well with horses entered in claiming races. This Giant’s Causeway-bred 4-year old should be situated in a good position to pounce as the field reaches the top of the stretch. Yes, quite frankly, I’m a bit concerned by the accustomed “bridesmaid” role this filly has played throughout her racing career and the fact that her morning work-tab has been mediocre. Jose Ortiz is in the irons in this turf route. Others: , ,

Race Two:

LADY BY CHOICE, the 7-5 Morning Line favorite, gets my nod in this 50k MC one-mile route. This Shanghai Bobby-bred, recently claimed, 2-year old filly has failed to win in her two MSW tries; she now drops in “for a tag”. That “drop” should put her into a position to garner her first win. In this filly’s first start up at “The Spa,” a race that was taken off the turf and run on the main, she finished 2nd to a runaway winner. In her most recent start, at Belmont, this filly weakened in the later stages and finished off the board. I still feel that this filly can prevail if she works out the right trip. Yet, I would be disinclined “to bet the ranch”. I would consider “buying insurance”. Tom Bush trains. Jose Ortiz reprises the ride. Others: , ,

Race Three:

BOLITA BOYZ is my pick in this 50k claiming sprint. This 6-year old Act of Duty-bred horse won his last at Belmont about one month ago against lesser company. Yet, I wouldn’t be deterred by the slight class-hike in today’s race. In his last win, this Mr. Prospector-bred zipped through six panels in a speedy 1:10.3. If this Langfuhr-bred can reprise that effort, he should, once again, see his number at the top of the tote board. Johnny V. is in the irons – he’s having a solid meet – for trainer David Donk. Others: , ,

Race Four:

Here we go, again. A two-day Pick 6 carryover that’s standing at 81k (I wouldn’t be surprised if the Aqueduct pool didn’t go north of 500 G’s).

In this race, I’m looking at three horses to start my Pick 6 play (If you followed my plays yesterday, I was breathing heavily after the 4th leg; I took another one of my Atenolols). Looking back, I had the 8 Regalian in the first leg. 4 Pocket Player ($16.60) in the second leg. In the third leg, I added 7 Conquest Expresso (the Great Samurai was scratched). In the fourth leg, Race 7, I had the $36 “bomb,” 7 Reckless Humor. However, I singled 9 Hannah’s Smile in the 8th (she finished 3rd) and I singled the 10 Unspoken Mission (he finished off the board). I had 4 out of 6. The 5 out of 6 paid over “a grand”. Ouch! Well, today’s another day at “The Big A”.

The three horses I cited earlier are: , ,

I’m leaning toward the SCHEME in this OC turf route. This Tizway-bred filly was last seen on the racetrack finishing 5th in the non-graded 200k Pebbles about one month ago at Belmont Park. This Jimmy Bond-trained 3-year old is moving down the class ladder and is now facing lesser competition; that may just be the ticket to a trip to the Aqueduct winner’s circle. I also like the 3rd-start off a layoff angle. Joe Bravo reprises the ride. Finally, I like a solid recent morning work. Others: , ,

Race Five:

In this n1x, allowance turf sprint for New York state-breds, I’m picking DESCRETIONARY MARQ. This Marquetry-bred is cutting back one panel off his last race, a 5th-place finish about one month ago at Belmont. Prior to that last race, this Forestry-bred finished 1st won and 2nd twice. I believe both the distance and the company suit this 3-year old just right. The filly’s trainer, Monsieur Christophe Clement, does very well with horses that were beaten favorites in their last race. Jose Ortiz reprises the ride. Others: , ,

Race Six:

In the MSW turf route I’m going with the rail horse, MATHEMATICIAN. You don’t have to know that if two parallel lines are cut by a transversal that the alternate interior angles are equal to figure out that this Quality Road-bred 2-year old bay colt was severely compromised by his outside starting post in his last, an MSW route at Belmont almost two months ago. This Elusive Quality-bred colt contended early in that only pari-mutuel start only to weaken in the closing stages of the race. Volia! He now draws inside (that could make all the difference in the world). I might add at this juncture that a solid array of morning works bolsters my confidence level. Mark Hennig trains; Junior Alvarado is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Seven:

Here we go, again. A walk “on the wild side”. Yes, I’m throwing caution to the wind. My Freudian id is taking over. I’m trying to “catch lightning in a bottle”. I’m going with – I’m not an abuelo loco GREELEY’S FAREWELL. Why, you ask? Good question. May it please the handicapping public… Allow me to lay out my handicapping brief: First, Tony Ferraro doesn’t saddle many; yet he’s a solid trainer (he both owns and trains this 7-year old chestnut gelding). Second, this gelding has faced better in his racing travels. Third, there is a significant rider upgrade to one of NYRA’s best jockeys, Manny Franco. A recent solid “bullet” work enhances my confidence level. Finally, Tony Ferraro does well both with horses making their 2nd start off a layoff and with horses entered in claiming events. Others: , ,

Race Eight:

In the 150k non-graded Artie Schiller stakes at one-mile on the turf, I’m picking DELTA PRINCE. This Street Cry-bred has hit the tote in every one of his pari-mutuel tries (he’s 5: 3-1-1 in turf races). This Machiavellian-bred is coming off a 3rd place finish in the Grade II Bernard Baruch. Jimmy Jerkens trains this A,P, Indy-bred 4-year old Jerkens does very well with horses that have been away from the races. I’m also impressed with this colt’s recent 5-panel “bullet” work. Jose Ortiz is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Nine:

In the finale, a 6-panels state-bred MSW, I’m picking: MISS HOT STONES. This 2-year old Bustin Stones-bred bay filly has finished 2nd in both her MSW tries. She went off as a 1-to-2 shot in her last at Belmont in late October. Her trainer Ollie Figgins III does very well with horses that were beaten-favorites in their last. A couple added points: the slight half-panel cut-back should enhances this filly’s chances. So too, should a solid recent morning-work at Laurel. The Hall-of-Famer, Johnny V., reprises the ride. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: