Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-08-2024, 10:45 AM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
The game was less exciting when the D packed in and you fed your 7 footer who went to work.
The way the 3 pointer wrecked the game is that when a team gets hot from deep it drowns a better team. And when a better team goes cold, it opens a door for a lesser team. Games shouldn't be decided on such a simple basis. Maybe there should be a cap on a per game 3 successes.

What I find baffling is teams keep throwing up 3's when they aren't falling, they did not used to do that.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM   #17
davew

she got a $5 million offer to play in Big3 - I think she could compete with the men.

Not as much running back and forth, she is good passing and she can shot from 30 feet.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2024, 04:54 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
she got a $5 million offer to play in Big3 - I think she could compete with the men.

Not as much running back and forth, she is good passing and she can shot from 30 feet.

Whomever she guards will be doing lay up drills. I've watched Big 3 games, I didn't think they pulled in the bank to pay anyone $5 mil or are they gambling she would be a big draw? I will admit I would check it out. I don't see how she could turn down $5 mil when that is 20 years at WNBA top salary.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2024, 12:14 PM   #19
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I don't see how she could turn down $5 mil when that is 20 years at WNBA top salary.
I'd bet my (good) knee the WNBA has "creatively" fashioned a package to make her wealthy. My hunch is the league already has new sponsors pounding at the door, and those entities have extended substantial endorsement deals to Caitlin, thus ensuring her fortunes rise in a manner commensurate with those of the employers she will prove such a boon to.

Her transformative effect on the WNBA-tv contracts..ticket sales..economic benifits to the cities she visits..should not be underestimated. As an academic all-american, Clark is smart and no way undersold herself.

She must be WELL aware of the generational wealth she probably could rack up in just one more season in her friendly cocoon at Iowa. As well as the crazed adulation she would (again) experience. NO WAY she spurns that for a mere standard WNBA salary.

They are somehow committed to making this girl rich-very rich-or she simply would not make the move.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2024, 12:33 PM   #20
Stevecsd2

On one of the reports I saw she already has well over a $1 million in endorsements and other deals. She'll make out well.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2024, 03:24 PM   #21
djm1959

who?
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply