Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #16
SkunkApe

Aug (John),

Man, I'm gonna miss your analyses. Your posts have been an integral part of my handicapping for years. Thanks for all the work you've done, and the fun you've brought to me.

Best of luck in your retirement: I'm happy for ya. I'm hoping when you occasionally get back from the wild, you can post some pictures of your travels here.

Best of luck on your new journey.

- Jim
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #17
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
Aug (John),

Man, I'm gonna miss your analyses. Your posts have been an integral part of my handicapping for years. Thanks for all the work you've done, and the fun you've brought to me.

Best of luck in your retirement: I'm happy for ya. I'm hoping when you occasionally get back from the wild, you can post some pictures of your travels here.

Best of luck on your new journey.

- Jim
Thanks, Jim. The idea has always been to do your own handicapping and then take a look at the THA pick for confirmation. That said, some of the THA picks were obviously a bad choice by the computer and those needed to be skipped.... except for the $29 winners, of course.

I'll be in touch every so often. Lots of good handicappers here and not afraid to share their opinions.
Augenj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
oughtoh

I will miss your post and looking up the result every night. Hope you enjoy your travels.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #19
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I will miss your post and looking up the result every night. Hope you enjoy your travels.
Thanks, oughtoh.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj View Post
Effective immediately, race picks and results will no longer be published at Pace Advantage or anywhere else for that matter. As some of you may know, I spend several hours each racing day to bring them to PA and my site. I just need to spend more time concentrating on my retirement, especially travelling to wild places with little or no Internet.

I intend to stay on PA because the members have a wealth of horse racing knowledge and are willing to share it, some with gusto. I've learned a lot here and was able to apply some of it to Top Horse Analytics over the years. Thanks for that but as you know, overcoming the takeout and breakage is very difficult.

Thanks for your understanding.

John
John, well, that kinda sucks. As you can see from the responses, your posts will be missed.

Hope you find what you're looking for out there. Have fun and be well!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #21
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
John, well, that kinda sucks. As you can see from the responses, your posts will be missed.

Hope you find what you're looking for out there. Have fun and be well!
Mike, thanks. You run a great board here and I know it's a tough job. I ran a smaller greyhound board at one time and I know how challenging it can be, both technically and with "diverse" members. As far as I'm concerned, this is the center of the horse racing world. I'll be around and thanks again.

John

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: