Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #2776
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You know my position on this. Your question is only so you can mock me. As I said in my last post to you, you need help. Please ask Jesus to help you. He will.
Actually, I don't. Just as I still don't know, Mr. No Answers II, what your interpretation of Jesus' parable in Mat 21:33-42 is. Without proper understanding of that parable, it's impossible to understand what Jesus meant in v.43.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #2777
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I can tell you this. They know far more than you could ever hope to know about the function of the universe or the planet. The fact that you can't understand them is your problem, not theirs.

I was going to explain it to you again, but it struck me that you haven't understood it yet, you aren't likely to understand it with another attempt to educated the uneducable [sic].
Yup, that's me -- "unecucable" --just like you're an incurable skeptic. But understand this if you can: While the Lewontins of this world will boast of their a priori commitment to materialism, I will boast, along with all my born again brethren, of my a posteriori commitment to divine revelation, natural revelation and intuitive revelation and how all three are always in perfect harmony.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #2778
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
"I don't know" has always been my position.

My experience with most theists is that they insist that they do know, and with absolute certainty. boxcar is an example. "I don't know" is unacceptable to them.
No, it's not. I don't know many things about God. Read my tagline and try to understand it.

And for your info...not all "divine" books are created equal. The bible is in a class by itself, as is Christianity.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #2779
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yup, that's me -- "unecucable" --just like you're an incurable skeptic. But understand this if you can: While the Lewontins of this world will boast of their a priori commitment to materialism, I will boast, along with all my born again brethren, of my a posteriori commitment to divine revelation, natural revelation and intuitive revelation and how all three are always in perfect harmony.
It is uneducable. And the shoe fits you perfectly.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #2780
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I don't. Just as I still don't know, Mr. No Answers II, what your interpretation of Jesus' parable in Mat 21:33-42 is. Without proper understanding of that parable, it's impossible to understand what Jesus meant in v.43.
Why should I give you my interpretation? Will that bring you or me closer to God?

Go within and you will learn much more about God and it won't be a "belief". It will be a "reality".
Old 06-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #2781
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Quote:
"I don't know" is unacceptable ...
No, it's not.
Q.E.D.
Quote:
I don't know many things about God.
But what you do know, you think you know with absolute certainty.
Quote:
And for your info...not all "divine" books are created equal. The bible is in a class by itself, as is Christianity.
By what standard? I'm sure a Muslim would say the Koran is in a class by itself, as is Islam. Ditto for Mormons, Hindus, Scientologists, et al.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:59 AM   #2782
hcap

Quote:
Hear! Hear! Spoken like the true atheist you are. In your universe, Hcap is the only "higher power" needed.
Your total lack of knowledge about EVERYTHING demonstrates your idiocy. Not only science, but other religions as well and puts you in a state of profound ignorance. For instance.........

Buddhism: On one occasion, when presented with a problem of metaphysics by the monk Malunkyaputta, the Buddha responded with the Parable of the Poison Arrow. When a man is shot with an arrow thickly smeared with poison, his family summons the doctor to have the poison removed, and the doctor gives an antidote:[7]

But the man refuses to let the doctor do anything before certain questions can be answered. The wounded man demands to know who shot the arrow, what his caste and job is, and why he shot him. He wants to know what kind of bow the man used and how he acquired the ingredients used in preparing the poison. Malunkyaputta, such a man will die before getting the answers to his questions. It is no different for one who follows the Way. I teach only those things necessary to realize the Way. Things which are not helpful or necessary, I do not teach.

Last edited by hcap; 06-27-2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:18 AM   #2783
hcap

And then there is the Christian view point of Christian existentialist philosopher Paul Tillich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religion

"...his phrase "the ground of all being". and another quotation from Tillich is, "God does not exist. He is being itself beyond essence and existence. Therefore to argue that God exists is to deny him."[10] This Tillich quotation summarizes his conception of God. He does not think of God as a being that exists in time and space, because that constrains God, and makes God finite. But all beings are finite, and if God is the Creator of all beings, God cannot logically be finite since a finite being cannot be the sustainer of an infinite variety of finite things. Thus God is considered beyond being, above finitude and limitation, the power or essence of being itself."
Old 06-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #2784
boxcar

Quote:
Q.E.D.
But what you do know, you think you know with absolute certainty.
Absolutely. Besides the bible teaches partial agnosticism.

Quote:
By what standard? I'm sure a Muslim would say the Koran is in a class by itself, as is Islam. Ditto for Mormons, Hindus, Scientologists, et al.
Did Moham claim to be divine? Did he perform any miracles? Did he proclaim himself to be savior of the world? Is he alive today? How many prophecies are there in the Koran and did Mr. Moham fulfill any, etc., etc., etc.?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #2785
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
And then there is the Christian view point of Christian existentialist philosopher Paul Tillich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religion

"...his phrase "the ground of all being". and another quotation from Tillich is, "God does not exist. He is being itself beyond essence and existence. Therefore to argue that God exists is to deny him."[10] This Tillich quotation summarizes his conception of God. He does not think of God as a being that exists in time and space, because that constrains God, and makes God finite. But all beings are finite, and if God is the Creator of all beings, God cannot logically be finite since a finite being cannot be the sustainer of an infinite variety of finite things. Thus God is considered beyond being, above finitude and limitation, the power or essence of being itself."
How does Tillich know there are an infinite variety of finite things? And why, logically, can't God be an infinite? Why can't he transcend all that he created?

It's seems that it is Tillich doing the very thing he condemns -- putting limitations on God.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #2786
boxcar

El Papa and the New World Order

To change the subject for a bit...just want to bring everyone up to speed on the Vatican's agenda for the world. The pope seems to be signing right out of the same godless hymnal as the U.N., as he calls for a very special kind of unity in this dark world -- a one world government. Of course, such a government would set the stage for the antichrist. I'm enclosing 3 links. If you don't want read all of them, at least give the first one a shot.

https://www.thetrumpet.com/12819-pop...rld-government (pope calls for one-world government)

http://yournewswire.com/pope-francis...ld-government/ (religious leaders and one world government)

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/...new-world-orde

In one of these links, the writer quotes the pope as he mocks supernaturalism -- or more specifically mocks the bible's creation account, basically saying that he believes in evolution instead of a god who can "wave a magic wand" and call things into existence ex nihilo. I must wonder at such words and what he thinks about Christ's resurrection. What is the official RCC 21st century position on the physical resurrection: a myth, a fable, a hoax? If the pope claims that he still believes in the physical resurrection, would he not have to believe that God also waved a magic wand to pull that feat off?

It's no wonder at all that so many evangelical protestants believe the antichirst will emerge from the Church of Rome.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #2787
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Besides the bible teaches partial agnosticism.
If you say so.
Quote:
Did Moham claim to be divine?
Has there ever been a shortage of people who claim to be divine? Psychiatric hospitals are full of them.
Quote:
Did he perform any miracles? Did he proclaim himself to be savior of the world?
Ask a muslim.
Quote:
Is he alive today?
Did Jesus ever exist? You have yet to present any convincing evidence.
Quote:
How many prophecies are there in the Koran and did Mr. Moham fulfill any, etc., etc., etc.?
Again, ask a Muslim. My point is that every religion's followers thinks their religion is special. Christianity is not unique in that regard.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #2788
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
And why, logically, can't God be an infinite?
Why must God be infinite?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #2789
boxcar

Quote:
If you say so.
Has there ever been a shortage of people who claim to be divine? Psychiatric hospitals are full of them.
Ask a muslim.
Did Jesus ever exist? You have yet to present any convincing evidence.
Again, ask a Muslim. My point is that every religion's followers thinks their religion is special. Christianity is not unique in that regard.
Yes, every religion thinks it's special because they never compare their theology against the bible's. However, Christianity knows it's unique on multiple levels because religious scholars have compared biblical Christianity against other world religions. The others pale by comparison.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #2790
boxcar

Quote:
Why must God be infinite?
Because it's not illogical. God needs no cause because his very essence is self-existence.