Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 06-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Bill Cullen

Today the new "GG" system will start to be tested for 100 plays at 5/2 or higher

Today the new "GG" system will start to be tested for 100 plays at 5/2 or higher.

For 6-15-2017 the picks are:

1st race-church - #7

5th race - fair meadows- #4

7th race -Evangeline-#1

6th race - prairie-#2

5th race - lone star- #5

Good luck!

Bill C
Bill Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #2
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cullen View Post
Today the new "GG" system will start to be tested for 100 plays at 5/2 or higher.

For 6-15-2017 the picks are:

1st race-church - #7

5th race - fair meadows- #4

7th race -Evangeline-#1

6th race - prairie-#2

5th race - lone star- #5

Good luck!

Bill C
When you say 5/2 are you referring to the final odds? Note that there is no way to now the final odds before the race is closed for betting thus you can use this as a selection factor.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover View Post
When you say 5/2 are you referring to the final odds? Note that there is no way to now the final odds before the race is closed for betting thus you can use this as a selection factor.
Yes, I'm aware of not being able to know the final odds until after the race has started.

I AM FOR THE PURPOSE OF TESTING THE "GG" SYSTEM USING THE FINAL ODDS.

I SHOULD SAY THAT I WILL TEST 100 PLAYS OF THE "GG"SYSTEM AT 5/2 OR HIGHER IN THEIR FINAL ODDS. ANY PLAY THAT GOES OFF AT LESS THAN 5/2 IN THE FINAL ODDS WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE TEST.
THE 5/2 OR HIGHER ODDS FILTER IS CRITICAL TO THE "GG
"SYSTEM'S SUCCESS!

As far as my own betting goes, I use the 5/2 odds filter on Twinspires.com.

Best,

Bill C

Last edited by Bill Cullen; 06-15-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: omission
Old 06-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
DeltaLover

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of not being able to know the final odds until after the race has started.

I AM FOR THE PURPOSE OF TESTING THE "GG" SYSTEM USING THE FINAL ODDS.

I SHOULD SAY THAT I WILL TEST 100 PLAYS OF THE "GG"SYSTEM AT 5/2 OR HIGHER IN THEIR FINAL ODDS. ANY PLAY THAT GOES OFF AT LESS THAN 5/2 IN THE FINAL ODDS WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE TEST.
THE 5/2 OR HIGHER ODDS FILTER IS CRITICAL TO THE "GG
"SYSTEM'S SUCCESS!

As far as my own betting goes, I use the 5/2 odds filter on Twinspires.com.

Best,

Bill C
You can test in any way you like but you have to understand that your approach is not realistic by no means as it involves posterior information. What you doing is similar to say "this selection is a bet only if it takes the lead" or anything similar.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #5
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
You can test in any way you like but you have to understand that your approach is not realistic by no means as it involves posterior information. What you doing is similar to say "this selection is a bet only if it takes the lead" or anything similar.
Give the guy a break!
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Give the guy a break!
His starting point is wrong and I cared to correct him. What is wrong with this?

By the way, you are his lawyer or what?
Old 06-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
By the way, you are his lawyer or what?
I don't like to talk about it, but yes, I am.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Butt Hurt Lawyer.jpg (9.7 KB, 11 views)
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
Bill Cullen

Quote:
The way you state the case above, yes, my testing method is less than perfect.

But that doesn't mean it isn't valid. I'm trying to select horses that go off at 5/2 or higher. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE HORSES THAT GO OFF LESS THAN THAT. THAT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY ONE TRYING TO SEE IF HIS OR HER BET WILL GO OFF AT THE MINIMUM ODDS THAT ARE ACCEPTABLE TO THAT PERSON AS THE HORSES ARE GOING INTO THE GATE.

When I initially ran through my own private sample, more than half of my bets failed because the odds were less than 5/2 at zero post time. I couldn't have cared less about those non-bets. Sure, a few got through that were 5/2 or higher at zero post time and then went down below 5/2 for the final odds.

As far as I am concerned from my analysis of my initial sample, those few below 5/2 bets that got through were water off a duck's back.

Delta Lover, from my point of view, you have added nothing new to the scope of knowledge critically relevant to the testing of the "GG" system.

Be well.

Bill C
Old 06-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #9
DeltaLover

Quote:
The way you state the case above, yes, my testing method is less than perfect.

But that doesn't mean it isn't valid. I'm trying to select horses that go off at 5/2 or higher. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE HORSES THAT GO OFF LESS THAN THAT. THAT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY ONE TRYING TO SEE IF HIS OR HER BET WILL GO OFF AT THE MINIMUM ODDS THAT ARE ACCEPTABLE TO THAT PERSON AS THE HORSES ARE GOING INTO THE GATE.

When I initially ran through my own private sample, more than half of my bets failed because the odds were less than 5/2 at zero post time. I couldn't have cared less about those non-bets. Sure, a few got through that were 5/2 or higher at zero post time and then went down below 5/2 for the final odds.

As far as I am concerned from my analysis of my initial sample, those few below 5/2 bets that got through were water off a duck's back.

Delta Lover, from my point of view, you have added nothing new to the scope of knowledge critically relevant to the testing of the "GG" system.

Be well.

Bill C
Sorry, but your test as you are planning it is not convincing and cannot be used to confirm any significant conclusions. The final odds uncertainty is one of the most critical points to be handled by any betting system (as it is the price drift due to the bet itself). Without any intention to offend you, you do not seem to have the related experience and knowledge to perform this kind of an experiment and it would be good for you to listen to others that have been doing this for very long periods of time.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #10
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Sorry, but your test as you are planning it is not convincing and cannot be used to confirm any significant conclusions. The final odds uncertainty is one of the most critical points to be handled by any betting system (as it is the price drift due to the bet itself). Without any intention to offend you, you do not seem to have the related experience and knowledge to perform this kind of an experiment and it would be good for you to listen to others that have been doing this for very long periods of time.
I take no offence. I automatically assume your intentions are to the good.

>Without any intention to offend you, you do not seem to have the related >experience and knowledge to perform this kind of an experiment and it >would be good for you to listen to others that have been doing this for very >long periods of time.[/

Really? You know that much about me?

I must say I am mildly amused.

Best,

Bill C
Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #11
DeltaLover

Quote:
I take no offence. I automatically assume your intentions are to the good.

>Without any intention to offend you, you do not seem to have the related >experience and knowledge to perform this kind of an experiment and it >would be good for you to listen to others that have been doing this for very >long periods of time.[/

Really? You know that much about me?

I must say I am mildly amused.

Best,

Bill C
I do not know nothing more that your postings and your claims about 20% ROI, 30% strike rate etc that I find naive. More than this the fact that you rely on printed PP and do not keep a historical result database also are good pointers for me to classify your related knowledge and experience.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #12
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

In the future, Bill..please remember to submit all testing and methods to Delta for final approval.

You have some nerve!

Kidding Bill .....I'm interested in your method and results, as probably a lot of people are---go for it
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #13
oughtoh

I am also interested in your results. Best of luck.
oughtoh is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #14
Bill Cullen

Quote:
I do not know nothing more that your postings and your claims about 20% ROI, 30% strike rate etc that I find naive. More than this the fact that you rely on printed PP and do not keep a historical result database also are good pointers for me to classify your related knowledge and experience.
I'll let the results of the "GG" system test speak for themselves.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #15
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
In the future, Bill..please remember to submit all testing and methods to Delta for final approval.

You have some nerve!

Kidding Bill .....I'm interested in your method and results, as probably a lot of people are---go for it
Thanks for the encouragement!

Best,

Bill C