Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-26-2017, 03:30 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Trump going after the drugs

https://www.stripes.com/news/strikes...istan-1.498663

New rules of engagement allowing for drug factories to be attacked

Old 11-26-2017, 05:04 AM   #2
fast4522

That is good news, it is about time we melt that shit and those who produce it.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 05:33 AM   #3
lamboguy

he doesn't have to go that far to drop bombs on drug dealers. he can go right to the factories on our soil here that produce opioids and other types of so-called medication that get the population hooked on smack and junk. they are worse than the crumbums in Afganistan because they are ruining peoples lives with the government's blessings.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
If people aren't willing to buy,then these places wouldn't be in business.Blaming the Colombians,Mexicans,Afghanis and others for our drug problem is refusing to look in the mirror. Interdiction ,prosecution and disrupting the supply chain are part of that solution but the simple fact is that Americans like getting high.Not dealing with that side of the equation will mean solutions will only be partly successful.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
If people aren't willing to buy,then these places wouldn't be in business.Blaming the Colombians,Mexicans,Afghanis and others for our drug problem is refusing to look in the mirror. Interdiction ,prosecution and disrupting the supply chain are part of that solution but the simple fact is that Americans like getting high.Not dealing with that side of the equation will mean solutions will only be partly successful.
Should we put drug users in jail? How should we deal with Americans that like getting high?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Should we put drug users in jail? How should we deal with Americans that like getting high?
I meant prosecuting drug dealers and suppliers.Drug addicts in jail is both useless and expensive.My thought being is that we always point the finger of blame at others which means , as Sister Bernard Francis told us in the 5th grade, we are pointing 3 fingers at ourselves.

We should help the addict but the reality is they are also aiding in sustaining the illicit drug market.Misplaced sympathy.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
you should immediately take them out back and shoot them on the spot. once they get hooked they never recover and its bad for society. that's what China did and they are close to taking over the whole world now.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #8
davew

would this include the ones run by the CIA, or just their competitors?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
you should immediately take them out back and shoot them on the spot. once they get hooked they never recover and its bad for society. that's what China did and they are close to taking over the whole world now.

Thanks for the PSA. On with the show this is it.......Reefer Madness.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
would this include the ones run by the CIA, or just their competitors?
The CIA needs to compete in the free market, just like everyone else.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I meant prosecuting drug dealers and suppliers.
We already do, but apparently not very efficiently. Our jails seem to be crammed to capacity with small time dealers, which does little to solve the problem.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #12
MutuelClerk

Quote:
We already do, but apparently not very efficiently. Our jails seem to be crammed to capacity with small time dealers, which does little to solve the problem.
Exactly. Just legalize most of them. Money is wasted on fighting drugs it because it's a half hearted effort. Were already a business and not a country just profit on it get it over with.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #13
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Exactly. Just legalize most of them. Money is wasted on fighting drugs it because it's a half hearted effort. Were already a business and not a country just profit on it get it over with.
Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana to be legalized at the federal level, let alone at all, for obvious reasons. I see it being legal nationwide within the next 10-15 years, the bible-belt/south will be the last to give in.

Drugs will always be readily available to those who want them; the War on Drugs is a futile endeavor. We need to focus on getting people the help they need rather than locking them up for small amounts. Of course that line of thinking doesn't bode well for police officers and their job security, ha.
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Find an island and put them on it.
Do not give them food, just tools and seeds.

Then say buh bye.

A very real part of the problem is that people in southern nations can use their fields to grow corn for say $1 an acre, or doppel for say $15 an acre. I cannot blame them. People in abject poverty do not care about our society, rightly so.

Didn't Mayor Marion Berry do this before - promise to get drugs off the streets?
As I remember, he did.

Last edited by Tom; 11-26-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #15
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post

Drugs will always be readily available to those who want them; the War on Drugs is a futile endeavor. We need to focus on getting people the help they need rather than locking them up for small amounts. Of course that line of thinking doesn't bode well for police officers and their job security, ha.
Decriminalizing a lot of small time stuff would free up the police to focus on bigger fish.