Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #5506
boxcar

The Second Achilles' Heel to Biological Evolution Pt. 2/3

How Homeostasis Works

Bernard's concept of homeostasis was revolutionary to the manner in which biological function was viewed at the time. Never before had it been proposed that the internal stability of an organism could only be maintained through some kind of purposeful feedback, both from the external environment in which an organism lived as well as within its internal environment. (emphasis author's)

It further implied that this feedback could only work by simultaneously affecting multiple, interacting, fully integrated control mechanisms to keep the internal environment stable and in balance. No process could operate independently from any other. When one became active and increased (or decreased) its activity, others that were affected would respond accordingly.

All of this really exquisite, purposeful feedback on an organism's functioning would take place continually, regardless of the physiological systems involved. None of it was in any way was random. None it it. (emphasis mine)

This brief description incorporates the whole of homeostasis. Now we will turn to actual biology to make this principle real and show that in sharp contrast to evolution, it is real science.

....homeostasis has been found and demonstrated in every form of life studied.

How Wilson turned to "actual biology", to make the homeostasis principle real in this particular section of his book, was to give several real world examples -- both from whole, multi-cellular organisms and from single cell life. For the former, he showed how this principle works in water balance and in core body temperature. And for the latter free-living, single cell example, he used protein production. For the sake of brevity, I will not reproduce all that. However, if someone wishes to see what he had to say, I will consider the request, but make no promises.

In the final post in this series, we'll get to the "bottom line" of this well-established, well documented, proven, universal physiological principle to understand better its deeply profound and devastating implications to biological evolution. (Actually, I think it's the second death knell to it!)

But also, I plan on doing one other critically important post that will be devoted to defining what "random" means in biological science. Don't forget: Wilson made a stupendous claim about the workings of homeostasis. He said, "None of it was random. None of it." So we must have a crystal clear understanding of what Wilson meant by "random" when he said that because evolutionists insists that evolution is a natural, gradual, random process from beginning to end. He spent some time in his book in a couple places defining "random", probably knowing how many evolutionists have a propensity to equivocating when it comes to this critically important term. For this reason alone, I feel it's worth a separate post.

Plus we'll have the enjoyment of watching Actor react to Wilson's well-thought out definition when he returns and respond by creating his own. This will be fun to witness.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-17-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #5507
boxcar

The Second Achilles' Heel to Biological Evolution Pt. 3/3

Homeostasis: The Bottom Line

Homeostasis -- an internal physiological environment that stays stable with all processes in equilibrium -- is needed in the most utter absolute sense for any life to maintain itself and thrive. Because all physiological systems are interdependent, if just one physiologic system is permanently altered to the smallest degree (e..g by "positive" mutation that might lead to evolution), then all other systems would at least have to be immediately capable of compensating for that change. If the change that occurred were significant... all other systems would have to change simultaneously in a non-random, integrated manner to accommodate it. (emphases author's)

Thus, homeostasis becomes the far-reaching, core physiological principle that is the essential foundation to the survival and thriving of any plant, bacterial or animal life form. It is the biological equivalent of a philosophical "first principle", something that is self-evident and does not require reasoning to establish it, something that is physically and absolute foundation -- in this case for life itself.
(emphases author's)

Then the good doctor asks the really big $64. question to cut to the chase and get us to that "bottom line":

How does this physiological principle apply to evolution?

In the case of both a positive, minor random mutation as well as a major one (or set of ones), the animal in which these occurred could not wait for the necessary other random mutations to happen to bring all of its affected physiologic systems up to speed, to synchronize them with the initial change. All changes would have to occur immediately and simultaneously. Otherwise, the animal's internal physiological environment would become unstable and would no longer be in equilibrium. And if that outcome should happen? Not only would the animal not thrive but its vitality would be degraded at the very least; more likely, it would die. (emphases the author's)

The problem: Could all affected physiologic systems change simultaneously as required? The answer is: No. That such integrated changes could ever take place simultaneously is literally impossible because evolution mandates that all such changes must occur -- randomly. Recall what random implies for evolution, "that its process must be considered in the most complete and absolute sense, to be utterly without any:

purpose, direction or pattern
predictable order (i.e. it is disorderly)
plan, outcome or objective
conscious input or influence"

Homeostasis is the biological requirement that locks any animal's descendant into being the same essential animal as was its ancestor...

So, where does homeostasis leave evolution as science and fact? As far as science is concerned , evolution would have to demonstrate with definitive, direct evidence 1.) that one could actually evolve to an entirely different animal and 2.) specifically show how, on the basis of random mutations, homeostasis was preserved. Until that happens the theory of evolution cannot be considered fact. In fact...The biological first principle of homeostasis is the Achilles' Heel of evolution
(emphases mine and his)

So, there you have, folks. In the next post, we'll examine how Wilson earlier determined the definition of "random".
Old 02-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #5508
boxcar

Definition of "random"

Here's where we left off yesterday with the respect to the random nature of evolution:

"that its process must be considered in the most complete and absolute sense, to be utterly without any:

purpose, direction or pattern
predictable order (i.e. it is disorderly)
plan, outcome or objective
conscious input or influence"

This post will be devoted to how Wilson got to this definition. And then I'll add the finishing touches with my 2-1/2 cents worth.

[i]Evolution purposefully excludes God as Creator of all life we know (and all else as well, and in doing so, it has judged itself to be nothing but secular in its explanations. That being the case, all evolution theory must be based on randomness and the random event some level (especially random changes to the DNA from mutations) to be consistent with Darwinian thinking. It cannot be purposeful to the slightest degree, especially in how life originated from non-life or the process by which new organisms come to be. Because random is such a critical foundation to evolution's claims, we need to get a comprehensive feel for what random fully implies in terms of evolution. We will do this by first looking at several definitions, finding their common features, and then using those to characterize what random implies in terms of evolution. (emphases author's)

Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary [10the ed.,]
RANDOM: "Lacking a definite plan, purpose or pattern...random stresses lack of definite aim, fixed goal or regular procedure..."

Wikipedia
RANDOM: "the lack of pattern or predictability in events"

Free Dictionary Online
RANDOMNESS: "1. Having no specific pattern, purpose or objective...It then includes this excellent tidbit of information (my emphasis)"2. The quality of lacking any predictable order or plan, 'noise'

And finally, this important (but somewhat dense) piece of information. It contains one more very critical characteristic we need to include -- the quality of randomness being patternless, even if events were taken to infinity:

"It seems clear the most of the ways, an infinite sequence [of numbers] might be produced, and hence most of the sequences [of numbers], will be random, and random sequences are thus patternless or disorderly."
(emphases author's)

Wilson continues:

In other words, and again in the context of evolution, for any life developing from non-living chemicals (abiogenesis), or any new organism arising from evolution -- if it occurred randomly the process involved had to have been not only disorderly, but the final outcome just basically "happened" without rhyme, reason or purpose. And that hit-or-miss purposelessness, even if carried to infinity, defines how evolution explains life. How sad. (emphasis mine)

One last point -- and it's not a pleasant one -- to follow this secular line of thinking to its logical (but depressing) conclusion, any life -- including yours and mine -- produced through the random process of evolution then becomes biologically purposeless in and of itself, because evolution [itself] is random, purposeless.

In additon to the aforementioned qualities of "random", there are a few others. To be random is to be without guidance. Evolution has no direction, no aim, no objective, no purpose. Therefore, it is not guided. And this further implies that to be random is to be blind.

One of the definitions of "blind" in my mighty fine M-W Collegiate is: lacking a directing or controlling consciousness.

Another definition for "blind" is: made or done without sight of certain objects or knowledge of certain facts that could serve for GUIDANCE. This second sense of blindness, of course, is implied under the last category of Wilson's definition of "random", which states, "without any conscious input or influence." The same, naturally, can be said for "random" lacking any intentionality.

Finally, because "random" lacks any and all purpose, intentionality, direction, aim, objective or guidance, all this further implies that biological life is one huge cosmic accident. You and I and all other living things are accidents with no purpose whatsoever behind our existence. Again, my M-W Collegiate under the synonyms section of the adjective "random" has this to say:

synonyms RANDOM, HAPHAZARD, CASUAL mean determined by accident rather than by design. RANDOM stresses lack of of definite aim, fixed goal or regular procedure...HAPHAZARD applies to what is done withoiut regard for regularity or fitness or ultimate consequence... CASUAL suggest working or acting without deliberation, intention or purpose.

When you stop to ponder all the above implications to "random" evolution, one is led to wonder how in the world could so many evolution books be written in the name of science, and perhaps even more philosophy books written to explain the meaning of life when there could not possibly be any biological or philosophical reasons behind life. Wouldn't a succinct one liner suffice instead:

"Life is nothing more than an accident"? Or "Life is an accident in progress"? Or as Wilson essentially said, "Life just happens"?

Look at all the precious time that would be saved reading and writing junk material that says an incredibly large amount of nothing. And how much money could we all save instead of wasting it on pseudo-knowledge and pseudo-wisdom books?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #5509
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Quote:
Why a link? Why not a book.
In other words, you made up your own definition. The internet is a pretty big place, but you can't come up with any source that defines "abiogenesis" and "the Law of Biogenesis", as you have? Really?
In other word you get to cite books, e.g., Hugh Ross, but I am not allowed the same!
Old 02-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #5510
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
  • It cannot be purposeful
  • without rhyme, reason or purpose
  • One last point -- and it's not a pleasant one -- to follow this secular line of thinking to its logical (but depressing) conclusion, any life -- including yours and mine -- produced through the random process of evolution then becomes biologically purposeless in and of itself, because evolution [itself] is random, purposeless.[/i]
  • To be random is to be without guidance.
  • Evolution has no direction, no aim, no objective, no purpose. Therefore, it is not guided.
  • And this further implies that to be random is to be blind.
  • Finally, because "random" lacks any and all purpose, intentionality, direction, aim, objective or guidance, all this further implies that biological life is one huge cosmic accident. You and I and all other living things are accidents with no purpose whatsoever behind our existence. Again, my M-W Collegiate under the synonyms section of the adjective "random" has this to say:
  • When you stop to ponder all the above implications to "random" evolution, one is led to wonder how in the world could so many evolution books be written in the name of science, and perhaps even more philosophy books written to explain the meaning of life when there could not possibly be any biological or philosophical reasons behind life. Wouldn't a succinct one liner suffice instead:
  • "Life is nothing more than an accident"? Or "Life is an accident in progress"? Or as Wilson essentially said, "Life just happens"?
You might be starting to get it:
  • The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.
  • The universe is under no obligation to be pleasant.
    • And it often is not.

Quote:
  • One of the definitions of "blind" in my mighty fine M-W Collegiate is: lacking a directing or controlling consciousness.
  • Another definition for "blind" is: made or done without sight of certain objects or knowledge of certain facts that could serve for GUIDANCE.
Which is why scientists use "double blind" tests, where even the scientist do not know who got the real thing and who got the placebo.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #5511
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
In other word you get to cite books, e.g., Hugh Ross, but I am not allowed the same!
I want to see direct evidence on the internet that someone out there defines "abiogenesis" as you have. Whine all you want, just produce the evidence.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #5512
boxcar

Quote:
    • And it often is not.

Which is why scientists use "double blind" tests, where even the scientist do not know who got the real thing and who got the placebo.
So, Mr. Actor, what is the purpose behind all the evolution science books and philosophy books in a purposeless, meaningless universe? Why has man written seemingly endless volumes of books on these kinds of subjects?
Old 02-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #5513
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I want to see direct evidence on the internet that someone out there defines "abiogenesis" as you have.
Socrates said "the beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms." I don't think he meant look it up in a dictionary. I am just as qualified to define it as anyone.

How much of the internet gets peer reviewed?

Last edited by Actor; 02-18-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #5514
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
So, Mr. Actor, what is the purpose behind all the evolution science books and philosophy books in a purposeless, meaningless universe?
Evolution science books are to teach science to our children.

Philosophy books? I don't know.

Quote:
Why has man written seemingly endless volumes of books on these kinds of subjects?
Because there's a market for them. I know, I know. You want Of Pandas and People to have a monopoly.

Last edited by Actor; 02-18-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:34 AM   #5515
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Quote:
Taking it one step further does this not automatically make anyone who is ignorant of Abrahamic scripture an immoral person?
It makes him a sinner who needs be saved.
Straw man!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #5516
boxcar

Quote:
Evolution science books are to teach science to our children.
But why? Have you never heard of the K.I.S.S. principle? Why not just teach the kids the truth: "Life just happened and we never had a clue as to why, still don't have one and no one will never have one. We're all accidents, so don't waste your time investigating why or how -- rather just celebrate that somehow you have survived your own accident."

Quote:
Philosophy books? I don't know.

Because there's a market for them. I know, I know. You want Of Pandas and People to have a monopoly.
Well, it seems to me, sir that if you're right and there's no rhyme or reason to life, no purpose to it, then all people who waste their valuable short time here on earth either writing or reading about something they''ll never be able to understand, since there is no rational reason behind life, are truly delusional. You included...
Old 02-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #5517
boxcar

Quote:
Socrates said "the beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms." I don't think he meant look it up in a dictionary. I am just as qualified to define it as anyone.

How much of the internet gets peer reviewed?
Ahh...so you're appealing to authority again? Okay then...has your opinion of a definition been peer reviewed?
Old 02-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #5518
boxcar

Quote:
    • And it often is not.

A non sequitur! What does this kind of intentional testing with a purpose behind it have to do with the kind of blindness I defined that is purposeless and non-intentional?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #5519
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Have you never heard of the K.I.S.S. principle? Why not just teach the kids the truth:
We do. Google Kitzmiller v. Dover.

Quote:
"Life just happened and we never had a clue as to why ...
Definition of why : for what cause, reason, or purpose

cause: quantum mechanics.
reason: there isn't one.
purpose: ditto
Quote:
... still don't have one and no one will never have one.
"Get ready to have that undone." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

The time will never come when you can say that for certain. The best you can ever do is say "not yet".

Quote:
We're all accidents, so don't waste your time investigating why or how -- rather just celebrate that somehow you have survived your own accident."
The key word is "survived". I'm here. The Neanderthals are not.

Quote:
Well, it seems to me ...
You're entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
... truly delusional. You included...
Ad hominem!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #5520
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Ahh...so you're appealing to authority again?
So you recognize that I am an authority!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: