Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 12:02 AM   #9796
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It appears the humans in this world cannot get themselves to agree on what is right and what is wrong -- what is good and what is evil -- what is just and what is unjust.
That's the very definition of, and a great argument for, moral relativism.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:08 AM   #9797
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
... the "human construct" of moral relativism is self-defeating.
That implies failure to achieve a goal. Exactly what goal is not achieved?
Old 02-22-2019, 12:14 AM   #9798
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Sharing the gospel is an ACT of love.
So the Christians invading the holy land during the crusades and killing all those Muslims was an act of love?
Old 02-22-2019, 04:15 AM   #9799
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
You are not a Christian. You pretend to be a Christian while spreading your message of hate. That comes from your self hate.

Quoting scripture does not mean you are a Christian. Any 3YO can copy/paste.

You are only a Christian with copied words but not original deeds. All those abusive priests can also quote scripture, and better than you. Many are now dead. Where are they now? Abusiveness is a form of hate. Your speech is also a form of hate.

Your religion is Hate. Jesus's religion is Love. Jesus never told anyone personally they are going to Hell. If you were a Christian you would follow his example. Instead you follow your religion of your ego and hate.
Boxcar will never understand without "witnessing" these truths inwardly. Unfortunately, the humility and self-awareness that comes from being truly honest with oneself has been missing from his discourse for at least the 15 or so years I have posted here.

I have learned honest self aware people don't always brag about "knowing god", while always patting themselves on their own shoulder.

Last edited by hcap; 02-22-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #9800
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
So the Christians invading the holy land during the crusades and killing all those Muslims was an act of love?
I don't believe I ever said that. If I have, can you quote me?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #9801
hcap

Quote:
I don't believe I ever said that. If I have, can you quote me?
Duh, history says it happen. Mr Expert-on-Everything. Must we quote it for you?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #9802
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
That implies failure to achieve a goal. Exactly what goal is not achieved?

How Moral Relativism Refutes itself:

If its true for everyone, then it's absolutely truth. The adherent contradicts himself since he must affirm absolute truth in order to deny it.

On the other hand if my Absolutism is only true for me, then why isn't your Relativism only true for you?

What Relativism says is that All truth is relative, thereby making a universal, absolute statement; thereby affirming Absolutism while denying it!

HYPOCRISY: Relativism states that you can believe whatever you want, as long as it agrees with Relativism. Therefore, Relativism does the the same thing that it preaches against.

If its only true for the person saying it, then it's a meaningless statement destitute of any meaning to the hearer.

Relativism rejects the absolute nature of truth. Relativism is one of the most self-defeating beliefs known to man. Relativism defined: "All truth is relative."

If all truth is relative, as soon as you make that assertion, it either includes itself or excludes itself. Right?

If it includes itself, that means that statement is not always true either-that statement itself is relative and thus, a pointless or mindless contradiction.

If it excludes itself, it is making the possibility of absolutes in some instances, then it is implying that particular statement is an absolute while denying absolutes actually exist. This is called a double standard or self-centered statement.

Objective truth is assumed even when one says all truth is relative. You come to the conclusion, why make the statement to begin with that all truth is relative since it is a contradiction? Is to reject reality and conscience in some way, even Christ?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #9803
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Duh, history says it happen. Mr Expert-on-Everything. Must we quote it for you?
Good, then why direct the post to me? If Actor has a beef, let him take it up with history.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #9804
hcap

Quote:
Good, then why direct the post to me? If Actor has a beef, let him take it up with history.
He responded to your
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Sharing the gospel is an ACT of love.
So were these Christians sharing?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:34 AM   #9805
boxcar

Quote:
Boxcar will never understand without "witnessing" these truths inwardly. Unfortunately, the humility and self-awareness that comes from being truly honest with oneself has been missing from his discourse for at least the 15 or so years I have posted here.

I have learned honest self aware people don't always brag about "knowing god", while always patting themselves on their own shoulder.
It seems to me you have a green-with-envy problem. When was the last time you ever whispered to someone that you know God?

Further, if you understood biblical Christianity, the warp 'n' woof of it is God restoring broken people to himself so that they can have communion, fellowship, peace and enjoyment with their Creator and Redeemer. If you had an honest bone in your body and interpreted the Fall of mankind in its sensible sense, you would learn that Adam and Eve alienated themselves from the Creator immediately after they sinned. God fixed that by sending his Son Jesus into this world to reconcile sinners to the Father. So, YES, all born again believers have a true personal relationship with God, although certainly not perfect in this age since Christians still sin.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:36 AM   #9806
boxcar

Quote:
He responded to your So were these Christians sharing?
You're the "smart" guy around here. I'll let you figure it out.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #9807
hcap

Quote:
It seems to me you have a green-with-envy problem. When was the last time you ever whispered to someone that you know God?

Further, if you understood biblical Christianity, the warp 'n' woof of it is God restoring broken people to himself so that they can have communion, fellowship, peace and enjoyment with their Creator and Redeemer. If you had an honest bone in your body and interpreted the Fall of mankind in its sensible sense, you would learn that Adam and Eve alienated themselves from the Creator immediately after they sinned. God fixed that by sending his Son Jesus into this world to reconcile sinners to the Father. So, YES, all born again believers have a true personal relationship with God, although certainly not perfect in this age since Christians still sin.
Can not decider your convoluted nonsense. What does "whispering to someone about god" have to do with bragging about "god choosing you because of your chauvinistic, egotistical self-loving misogyny, and hateful exclusion of all other religions and other ways?

Why do you scoff at others not sharing your "my way or the highway" bull shit?
Old 02-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #9808
hcap

Quote:
You're the "smart" guy around here. I'll let you figure it out.
I have already figured it out. Christianity is not Christ. It stop being wisdom shortly after writing it and then misunderstanding Christ's words.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #9809
boxcar

Quote:
Can not decider your convoluted nonsense. What does "whispering to someone about god" have to do with bragging about "god choosing you because of your chauvinistic, egotistical self-loving misogyny, and hateful exclusion of all other religions and other ways?

Why do you scoff at others not sharing your "my way or the highway" bull shit?
No, God did not choose me or anyone else because of the nonsense you wrote. He chooses people according the counsel of his own perfect, holy will. In other words, the basis for his choice is his eternal love for his elect which in Space and Time he manifests by putting his grace into action -- causing his people to be born again, etc.

I don't scoff at you. I simply tell people that "your way" isn't God's way, and that spiritual choices we make have eternal consequences.

But you and others here won't come to the Light and be saved because you "LOVE the Darkness", as Jesus said.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #9810
boxcar

Quote:
I have already figured it out. Christianity is not Christ. It stop being wisdom shortly after writing it and then misunderstanding Christ's words.
You haven't figured anything out. You can't even figure out were the Present is in relation to the Past and Future in your crazy "arrow of time" scheme.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: