Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, January 26

Announcer: “When we last left South Ozone Park, New York, “The Teach” had recommended two horses in the final race at Aqueduct: 12 Simona and 11 Golden Vale. If you had boxed those two, you woulda “nailed” a $1 exacta worth $24.60. The 9, Ouro Verde, was also cited. If you had boxed the trifecta, you would have received, in return: $34.37 for a .50-cent tri. The hot jockeys were, Reylu Guttierez, Eric Cancel, Junior Alvarado, and Jose Lezcano. Who will be this afternoon’s “hot” jockeys?”

Race One:

VINCENTO gets my nod based on the fact that this Broad Brush-bred is taking a precipitous class-drop from allowance races into a 40K state-bred claimer. My major concern is that this 6-year old has not done well on the Aqueduct oval. His jockey, Luis Reyes, must time his closing move, perfectly, if he expects to get all the “enchiladas”. Others: 5, 1, 2.

Race Two:

D EMCEE is my long-shot pick in this 6 and ½ panels, state-bred, 30K claiming sprint. This Emcee-bred ridgling did nothing. Zero, in his last race, but that was against MSW company. Now, he’s entered against claiming types. Voila! Sacre bleu! Sometimes a change in competition can make all the difference in the world. In this case… DD, Dylan Davis, is in the irons for trainer Ed Barker. Barker does well with horses who are 1st time maiden claimers. Others: 8, 5, 1.

Race Three:

SHE TAKES CHARGE. Now that was an impressive piece of running at first-asking as “the chalk” in a state-bred MSW. This A.P. Indy-bred now stretches out a panel and one-half. No problem. If this filly runs back to her last race, she can get her picture taken, once again. The red-hot Jose Lezcano is in the irons for trainer Dermot Magner. Others: 6, 3, 2.

Race Four:

MOVIE SCORE disappointed last time as an 8-to-5 fave. A chance to make amends. Adding blinkers. The half-panel stretch should help. Manny Franco reprises the ride for trainer Rudy Rodriguez. Others: 7, 3, 5.

Race Five:

The Entry,DR. LLOYD and AMUNDSON. The Barry Schwartz entry looks like a solid choice to take this 5 and a half panel MSW state-bred sprint. DR, LLOYD will start from the seven-hole, his entry-mate, AMUNDSON will start from post #10. I believe that outside post will improve Dr. Lloyd’s chances of winning. Junior Alvarado is in the irons for Linda Rice; Eric Cancel is in the stirrups for Horacio DePaz. Others: 5, 8, 2.

Race Six:

GOGETTHEMUNNY gets my nod in this 6 and ½ panels 70K allowance. This is this Speightstown-bred gelding's second start off a layoff. I like that angle. This 4-year old might have very well needed her first start off the layoff. He should be sharper. This Munnings-bred did finish 3rd in his last. Dylan Davis in the irons for Tom Morley. Others: 1, 3, 8.

Race Seven:

In this one-mile claimer, n2L, I’m picking the Todd Pletcher-trainee, BIG MUDDY. What a precipitous drop! My heart cries out: “Suspicious”. Have the Repole and St. Elias groups given up on this lightly-raced horse? They paid 850K for this guy, and now he runs against 16K claimers. I just can’t “wrap my head around” this. Manny Franco is in the irons. Others: 13, 14, 9.

Race Eight:

It’s the 100K, 9-panels, non-graded JazilB. SUNNY RIDGE was 3rd in the Grade I Cigar Mile. This Holy Bull-bred appears to hold a class-edge on most of these. If he runs his race, he can prevail. Manny Franco is in the irons for trainer Jason Servis. Servis does very well with horses entered in non-graded stakes. Others: 5, 6, 4

Race Nine:

7 ASTERISK is my medium-longshot pick in this one-mile claiming route. This lightly-raced Mineshaft-bred fits very well in this company. I believe the stretch-out should help this 6-year old. Jose Lezcano is in the stirrups for trainer Rudy Rodriguez. Others: 11, 4, 1/1A.

Race Ten:

In the finale, I’m going with , HERE COMES HELEN. This filly got bumped in her last. She should avoid any traffic problems from her outside starting post. She does add Lasix. This filly took a lot of action in her only pari-mutuel start. Eric Cancel is in the irons for trainer George Weaver. Others: 7, 11, 10.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply