Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #421
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Me having or not having kids is a non sequitur. This issue is entirely about sanctity of the RULE of LAW. Anyone who truly loves their kids wouldn't put them into the horrible position of experiencing the fear and horror of separation. If these parents want to come here so badly, let them go through the legal channels and "not storm our gates"m thinking that we're going to be okay with just letting any Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane, Mary or Helen because they're totin' kids -- kids that they're using as political tools.

Abraham Lincoln (to paraphrase him) said something along these lines about bad laws: The quickest way to get rid of a bad law is to enforce it.
If it was only about the rule of law, why are so many heartbroken?

It is as simple as that, and having children is hugely relevant as our discussions about experiencing life directly have touched on. I feel sorry for you.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #422
hcap

Religious leaders implore Trump White House: Stop separating immigrant families

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reli...ry?id=55905666

More than two dozen of the largest religious groups in the U.S. are imploring the Trump administration to change its "zero tolerance" policy that leads to children being separated from parents caught illegally crossing the border.

And during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network this week, Franklin Graham, a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump, said the practice of separating families was “disgraceful.”

Despite what Preacher Sessions claim.

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #423
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

More than two dozen of the largest religious groups in the U.S. are imploring the Trump administration to change its "zero tolerance" policy that leads to children being separated from parents caught illegally crossing the border.

And during an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network this week, Franklin Graham, a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump, said the practice of separating families was “disgraceful.”

Interesting how quickly Graham and others have conveniently forgotten one of the most fundamental spiritual laws in the bible and in nature: Actions have Consequences. This universal law (principle) is stated in this way:

You reap what you sow. Don't those who sow TROUBLE, harvest it (Job 4:8)!? Why, then, would anyone in their right mind believe that one can sow trouble and harvest happiness?

These immigrants who are coming here know fully well that they are trying to enter the country illegally. They know that they are breaking the law. They come sowing trouble but you libs want to reward them? This is totally backwards to this righteous biblical principle. Does a farmer sow good seeds among the thorns and expect to reap a plentiful harvest!

This is analogous to what Obama and Holder did with the Promise Program. A kid could get himself into trouble, but the program would allow the kid to escape the harvest he deserved.

Liberalism is beyond moral bankruptcy.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #424
wisconsin

Quote:
If it was only about the rule of law, why are so many heartbroken?

Don't confuse heartbreak with selective outrage. At the end of the day, this has very little to do with the children. If it did, it would have been seen here, off topic, long, long ago.

The liberal strategy is to never let a crisis go to waste, even if they need to make one up.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #425
acorn54

let's all be honest for a second. the democrats want the immigrants here because they want to increase their voting base. point one

the republicans only want enough immigrants here to provide cheap labor, for the owner's of capital. anymore immigrants than the pace of economic growth can absorb, become a tax burden to the upper income tier who bear the brunt of paying the bils of running the government. that's point two.
i think that pretty much sums up what is at the bottom of this immigrant issue.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #426
woodtoo

Quote:
Clocker and I were talking.
I see, thanks.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #427
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
let's all be honest for a second. the democrats want the immigrants here because they want to increase their voting base. point one

the republicans only want enough immigrants here to provide cheap labor, for the owner's of capital. anymore immigrants than the pace of economic growth can absorb, become a tax burden to the upper income tier who bear the brunt of paying the bils of running the government. that's point two.
i think that pretty much sums up what is at the bottom of this immigrant issue.
Your President who yields a fair amount of power has been talking about immigration for years believes crime and citizen safety are the main topics.This debate, which I am happy is now happening has a better chance of finally being resolved,unfortunatly at high costs to both sides. Call your senator and demnd a solution.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #428
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Compartmentalize this.

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — An audio recording that appears to capture the heartbreaking voices of small Spanish-speaking children crying out for their parents at a U.S. immigration facility took center stage in the growing uproar over the Trump administration’s policy of separating immigrant children from their parents.

https://youtu.be/PoncXfYBAVI
Same cries I hear on COPS when the police take the parents to jail and the children are removed from the home because there is no longer anyone there to watch over them.

Are we going to change that policy too?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #429
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
So, you advocate for the kids getting tossed into the same jail cell as their law-breaking parents? I don't believe any of our prisons have maternity wards, or child care facilities on premise.
This is not a winning issue for republicans.

very bad PR seeing child in cages.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #430
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Hcap appears to be right with his whataboutism post...

Its apparently not possible to be for strong immigration standards, anti-cartel, and anti-detention center kids all at once.
Why shouldn't these children be separated from their families?

If you make this argument, then you can never put another parent in jail in the USA. As long as you're a parent, you're free to get away with any crime that might put you in jail.

Having a kid will be a get out of jail free card...no matter the crime. If it's jailable, you're off the hook...you have a kid you can't be separated from.

I can't believe you're defending this bullshit.

**** THE LAW says elysian...optics means everything!
Old 06-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #431
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
End of days looks like it is sooner than I thought.

Not only Faux. But Ted Cruz.
Yikes, the second horseman???

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/ted...-cross-border/

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz announced emergency legislation Monday evening to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border into the United States.

The legislation follows comments Cruz made on Saturday that essentially called for more resources to adjudicate asylum claims. He also called for keeping immigrant kids with their parents as long as those adults are not associated with criminal activity.

“All Americans are rightly horrified by the images we are seeing on the news, children in tears pulled away from their mothers and fathers,” Cruz wrote in a release. “This must stop. Now. We can end this crisis by passing the legislation I am introducing this week.”
This is perfectly fine by me.

If they want to change laws that have been in effect before Trump, then by all means. Go for it.

No problems here.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #432
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
There is a constant anti-liberal, anti-democrat marching band here on PA OT. I wonder if Drudge incites that?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0f0b9e9a4bc87

Drudge Report Used Photo Of Children In Syria To Depict U.S. Border Crisis
The young boys in the photo, which was shot in 2012 thousands of miles away from the U.S. border, aren’t even holding real guns.

The Drudge Report featured an image of gun-wielding children photographed years ago in Azaz, Syria, alongside an article about immigrant children pouring into the United States.

According to the photographer of the 2012 image, Christiaan Triebert, Drudge not only used the photo completely out of context ― the guns, he said, were toys ― they also featured it without crediting Triebert.

He called it an “obscene misrepresentation” of the photo’s actual depiction:
No worse than showing kids in cages in 2014 and blaming it on Trump.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #433
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

You could give two ****s what religious leader say. Religious leaders say END ABORTION too...you gonna tell me you're for that? Religious leaders are...
Old 06-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #434
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
This is not a winning issue for republicans.

very bad PR seeing child in cages.

Allan
There are children in cages? Can you post some picture post-2014?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:14 PM   #435
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why shouldn't these children be separated from their families?

If you make this argument, then you can never put another parent in jail in the USA. As long as you're a parent, you're free to get away with any crime that might put you in jail.

Having a kid will be a get out of jail free card...no matter the crime. If it's jailable, you're off the hook...you have a kid you can't be separated from.

I can't believe you're defending this bullshit.

**** THE LAW says elysian...optics means everything!
I've been pretty quiet on this.

It's wrong and shouldn't be done. I'm glad some people are going to be introducing legislation to prevent it. Trump could have done it with the stroke of a pen...

I don't like kids being used as political poker chips.

How is the wall coming along?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-19-2018 at 03:17 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply