Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #121
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
1. The Lewinsky affair was 21 years ago.When does the "present" turn into the "past"?

2.As regards your last sentence , ask Ivana Trump about Marla Maples.
Re #2: Two sides to every story. Maybe even three. But if Trump is guilty of adultery, what is that to me? And if you think it should mean something to me personally, what do you recommend I do: Send him a mail bomb, run him down, shoot him...what?

Re #1: I'm pretty sure the Clinton debacle is currently in the past -- but not so much when the past was the present.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #122
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Whether Tick Tock's "opinion" of Trump is biased or unbiased is a non sequitur; for in either case it is hypocritical since he, evidently, thinks that Trump is at least as guilty as Clinton. Yet, he accused me of being partisan and hypocritical with respect to Clinton, even though Clinton's situation and Trump's situation (via alleged indiscretions) are as different as the day is from night.
I'm eagerly awaiting "Tick Tock's" . as you call him,next response to your rantings.

Last edited by jk3521; 04-23-2018 at 05:17 PM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #123
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Re #2: Two sides to every story. Maybe even three. But if Trump is guilty of adultery, what is that to me? And if you think it should mean something to me personally, what do you recommend I do: Send him a mail bomb, run him down, shoot him...what?

Re #1: I'm pretty sure the Clinton debacle is currently in the past -- but not so much when the past was the present.
I did two things: ask you a question and cleared up your doubts about Trump having an affair more than 20 years ago.I didn't ask for any "recommendations" from you or your deepest feelings on the subject. Help me understand why you thought I would.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 04-23-2018 at 06:20 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #124
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I did two things: ask you a question and cleared up your doubts about Trump having an affair more than 20 years ago.I didn't ask for any "recommendations" from you or your deepest feelings on the subject. Help me understand why you thought I would.
Quit flattering yourself. You cleared up nothing.

But you are right about you not asking me for any recommendations. I asked you.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #125
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521 View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting "Tick Tock's" . as you call him,next response to your rantings.
Maybe his socks jumped out of the draw and attacked him. If so, hopefully they were clean.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #126
jk3521
Registered Loser

The Clinton and "Ms. Lewinsky" scandal was a disgrace to the country. As far as the "Stormy incident" goes, Trump's action was a disgrace to only to his marriage. That being said , both men are "dogs", one being no better than the other. Enough said.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 08:39 PM   #127
Clocker

Quote:
Maybe his socks jumped out of the draw and attacked him. If so, hopefully they were clean.
I found more consistency in my sock drawer than in your feeble attempts to rationalize the claim that Trump is morally superior to Clinton because his "sins" didn't take place in the Oval Office.

You also implicitly accept that Trump committed adultery with Marla, but try to rationalize it as a lesser "sin" because it was so long ago.

The basic facts are that Clinton and Trump are cheats and liars. They cheated on their wives, they broke their marriage vows, and they lied about it. If you are okay with that for one but not the other, then those are your standards. But be honest enough to admit it.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #128
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I found more consistency in my sock drawer than in your feeble attempts to rationalize the claim that Trump is morally superior to Clinton because his "sins" didn't take place in the Oval Office.

You also implicitly accept that Trump committed adultery with Marla, but try to rationalize it as a lesser "sin" because it was so long ago.

The basic facts are that Clinton and Trump are cheats and liars. They cheated on their wives, they broke their marriage vows, and they lied about it. If you are okay with that for one but not the other, then those are your standards. But be honest enough to admit it.
First of all, I never said Trump was morally superior. You're the one putting those words into my mouth.

And neither do I implicitly accept that Trump was an adulterer. What part of "if" didn't you get in my posts when postulated his possible adultery?

And what part of my 108 don't you get? The circumstances surrounding these two guys are substantially different, regardless of your denial of those facts.

And what part of your own hypocrisy don't you get when you accuse me of being hypocritical because I was judgmental toward Clinton, yet you're so oblivious to the beam in your own eye, that you can't see that you are judgmental toward Trump!?

So..take your "basic facts", as you want to see them, and store them away with your socks, preferably your dirty ones.

As for me, I'm not going to judge Trump because I don't know all the facts -- but I do know there are many unsubstantiated allegations floating around there. And what he MAY have done over two decades ago doesn't mean that he's still an adulterer today.

What I am called to do as a Christian is to judge with righteous judgment -- not as the world judges, which is according to mere appearance (Jn 7:24)! Two very different standards!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #129
fast4522

Like being a Conservative means something, job performance is the only thing I care about. Ultra liberals squawk just as much horse shit as Conservatives do. If President Donald J. Trump continues to be the strong engaged world leader he has been so far, nothing you people say will mean anything at all.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #130
Clocker

Quote:
First of all, I never said Trump was morally superior. You're the one putting those words into my mouth.
In your Post #83, you chastise another poster for "trying to draw a moral equivalency" between Trump and Clinton.

You go on to say that there are "no perfect moral beings in this world", and that you therefore vote for the lesser of evils. That implies that you are making moral judgements, and that you find Trump morally superior to Bill Clinton, to Hillary, and to the other GOP candidates.

There is nothing in the Constitution about morality or "sin". What we need is integrity and leadership, not relative morality by someone's narrow definition.

End of discussion for me. This is getting too much like the religion thread, talking about imaginary things like "imperfect moral beings" and "sin".
Old 04-24-2018, 01:02 AM   #131
davew

Ultra left libs do not realize that conservatives do not equal Republicans just as libs do not equal Democrats.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #132
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
In your Post #83, you chastise another poster for "trying to draw a moral equivalency" between Trump and Clinton.

You go on to say that there are "no perfect moral beings in this world", and that you therefore vote for the lesser of evils. That implies that you are making moral judgements, and that you find Trump morally superior to Bill Clinton, to Hillary, and to the other GOP candidates.

There is nothing in the Constitution about morality or "sin". What we need is integrity and leadership, not relative morality by someone's narrow definition.

End of discussion for me. This is getting too much like the religion thread, talking about imaginary things like "imperfect moral beings" and "sin".
Since when is the Constitution my rule for living?

And what would you know about absolute truth? I don't subscribe to moral relativism, as you do, I'm sure.

And to say that one person is less evil than another is NOT saying that that person is righteous (morally superior). Jesus told Pilate that the one who delivered him up to the Jews and to the Romans has the greater sin. Jesus did not mean by that that Pilate was innocent of any sin or was morally superior to Judas -- only that Judas bore the greater sin.

And yes, I do make moral judgments, as scripture commands me to do and as scripture also informs those judgments.

So, tell me...what informs your moral judgments about candidates?

And there is no moral equivalency between Trump and Clinton. We know without doubt that Clinton was an adulterer. He even tried to cover it up. He lied at least twice with respect to his acts with Monica -- once to the American people and the other time to authorities under oath, thereby perjuring himself. But where is the hard evidence that Trump committed adultery? Where is it? In your hip pocket? In your pipe dreams? Where?

Not only does scripture inform me to not judge according to the standards of this world (by mere appearance) but there is another moral principle at play that informs believers that every accusation should be confirmed by at least 2 or 3 witnesses. But where are these witnesses? You've got those tucked away, too?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #133
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The Clinton and "Ms. Lewinsky" scandal was a disgrace to the country. As far as the "Stormy incident" goes, Trump's action was a disgrace to only to his marriage. That being said , both men are "dogs", one being no better than the other. Enough said.
Very well put!
Old 04-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #134
boxcar

Quote:
You have hard evidence that supports this hooker's allegations? Multiple witnesses, too?
Old 04-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #135
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
You jump to the conclusion that Trump cheated on his wife, and lied extensively and publicly about it, based on what? A few insignificant details like Trump's lawyer paying the woman $130,000 to sign a nondisclosure about an affair with Trump? Trump's lawyer suing the woman for violating the nondisclosure?

Humbug. Happens everyday to thousands of innocent men.